the Rift

[PRIVATE] cataclysmic bones —

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
KID
Her ear flickered, catching my eyes as her weight shifts and her eyes run over my body— coasting past my bruises and bump, over the scarring tissue that blossoms over my sooty back. I blink, taking in the idea that perhaps the etching on my skin was not a normal thing, that children did not receive beatings and maternal damnation for their existences. That I was the odd one, the estranged son of a power hungry woman. I itched to ask Nymeria if the destruction and reconstruction of a child often included the demolition of their physical being— but I held this especially close. Perhaps it was a sign of inferiority, of weakness. So I kept quiet, worrying my lip and wondering if Nymeria would even have the answer to my question (she wasn't an all knowing goddess, as much as I wished she was).

I knew then from Nymeria's confirmation that I was to redefine my name, to throw away the half-assed thought Mother put behind naming me (the runt, the kid)— that I would disregard whatever meanings others thought of when they heard it (boy, child, a term for youth)— and recreate it with my own hands. I would shape it as I wished, would conquer and rule and bring about a new meaning to Kid. Others would quake and quiver at the mention, knowing well the title of their king, of the fear and respect that flourished through their bones as my name slipped between their hushed syllables.

That would be only the beginning— I would make sure my presence sent chills down my enemy's spine, that with each step the earth trembled beneath me, that I was revered as a god among men. And so it shall be. I shall become more than just a king, more than a well endowed warlord— I shall be more— with my greed I will take what power I seek and not stop there, I will take more. Nothing mortal nor immortal will stop me from fulfilled the wishes of my mother, of my grandfather— and of myself. I will surpass Volterra, Mother— I will rise above every single warlord whose blood flows through my veins. And so it shall be.

My question should have been expected, a power hungry child first needed a source of power, of knowledge and skill to be passed from mentor to apprentice. Nymeria seems amused at this request, a smile beaming from shaded lips as she looks down upon me— a fondness that perhaps had not been there at the beginning of this night. It had flourished over every passing minute she settled in my presence, soothing the wild rage and pushing aside the indictment of thievery (though it could not be settled— I cannot give her back this skull of mine, it is now ours to bear).

Ivory brows furrow as she says Mother's blessing is required before I can learn the secrets and twisted knowledge of espionage, before my lips can weave lies and my emotions can remain hidden behind my skeletal mask. I make a prolonged groan of disapproval, knowing Mother well enough that she would need serious persuading to even let Nymeria see me again. "But what will happen if she says no?" I fret, trying not to let it show. This fondness did not go just one way— it flowed two. In me, it blossomed as respect and admiration— not forced the way it was with Mother— but truly something I had willingly gotten into, for the first time realizing that maybe this is what it was like to have a normal familial bond— not fear out of respect and admiration only for the strong-willed and stubborn minded mother who raised me firmly.

But even my worry of Mother's rejection could not keep the grin off of my pointed features, hooves erratically dancing with excitement at the idea of learning by Nymeria's side— from her steady guidance I would flourish into something this world has never seen. I will become that which I dream of now, and I will become something greater than just "that king" or "that conqueror". I will be more.

She cautiously takes to my side, hip to hip with me as her words become hushed and my shoulders droop. Nymeria leans close to my wavering ear, promising that tomorrow we shall propose to Mother the idea of me becoming an apprentice beneath Nymeria— and for now sleep away what little remains of tonight. So I nod my head, looking down at the ground with half-lidded eyes and letting out a mighty yawn. "Tomorrow— okay." It wasn't until she mentioned sleep that my body began to settle, that my fatigue consumed me and my knees buckled instinctively. I set down onto the ground, trusting entirely that Nymeria would watch over me as I slept and keep me safe from anything creeping in the night.

[Image: 2dub87c.jpg]

@Nymeria, dunno if you wanna post once more or call it the end

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-07-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-07-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-08-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-09-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Nymeria - 03-14-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: cataclysmic bones — - by Kid - 03-16-2016, 05:22 PM