the Rift

Don't Rest On Your Laurels [open]

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Wingbeats fwumped against the atmosphere, it was not often the stallion found cause to descend from the heights whilst on patrol. He was high in the sky, so high that his large wings probably looked like they belonged to an eagle, not a Pegasus. He had been using his magic to enhance his sight, all the better to watch for invaders, or visitors, without having them know he was present. Normally some clouds streaked the sky, but they were a rarity recently, though some sticky humidity still lingered. Blast this weather, he thought, having grown tired sooner than usual for employing his magic, normally humidity means rain, but this humidity only bring about foul tempers.

The horned fellow that had happened across the borders was spotted, and Azzuen made the easy descent to land before him, a subtle method of preventing him from walking further in unwelcomed. But the stallion was a respectful one, giving the other as much personal space as he felt necessary, and tilting his crown in acknowledgement. A rough smile was placed upon his lips, and while it wasn’t forced as such, it was only small as the heat threatened to tilt his mood to darker thoughts once more. “Greetings, stallion of the Edge.”

It was critical for Azzuen to know the scent of each of the lands, and he was able to identify the woody, cliffed smell of the World’s Edge upon this unicorn’s pelt. “I am Azzuen, Warrior here.Might I know your name and purpose?” His voice was dry, cracked like the earth they stood upon. “Our lake is full to the brim, you are welcome to join me if you like, I was about to take a dip.” It was in the Dragon’s Throat law to be civil towards all outsiders until they proved worthy of harsher treatment. Though when given the opportunity to make a decision between a winged stranger and a not-winged stranger, Azzuen would fly with the winged one, he was capable of civility, even comfortable enough (and trusting of his own abilities), to invite them deeper into the lands, to share their apparently untouched water source. Curiously he awaited a response.

Messages In This Thread
Don't Rest On Your Laurels [open] - by d'Artagnan - 06-15-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Don't Rest On Your Laurels [open] - by Ázzuen - 06-15-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Don't Rest On Your Laurels [open] - by Kri - 06-24-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Don't Rest On Your Laurels [open] - by Kri - 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM