the Rift

where the light won't find you

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

Long legs carried the dame swiftly across the valley. Much had happened over the preceding months, but despite the changes, most things had remained the same. She had clumsily attempted to piece herself back together, but many times it seemed as though she were trying to fit a square peg into a circle hole. She felt as though she were playing soldier, commanding no one, twiddling her thumbs in a time of peace. She and her fellow corporal had attempted to gather their subordinates, but were met with absence and disrespect. She and Sialia needed to come together and figure out how to bolster their ranks, both in number as well as spirit. Peacetime was a perfect opportunity to prepare for what always follows the quiet. When the storm finally came, leaving destruction and death in its wake, would the warriors of the Basin remain, or would their bodies litter the battlefield due to their inability to come together as one?

But she moved forward, through her thoughts and doubts and concerns, because something - someone, rather - called to her. It wasn't some abstract spiritual calling. It was an actual voice, reaching into every recess and nook in the Basin, calling forth those who called the mountains home. She obediently obliged, knowing the last time she had heard such a calling was when she was first welcomed into the Basin. At the last meeting she had stood proudly before Deimos, Hotaru, and Thranduil, and watched lightening dance at her feet as she was promoted to Corporal. She still held pride for that moment, her title worn as a badge of honor, as a responsibility she would die for. She had waited many hours within her harbor's gates for intruders and threats. She had sparred with quite a few of her herd mates in an attempt to strengthen not only herself, but her opponents. She was proud of being who she had become, and despite all her shortcomings, she knew where she belonged.

Arriving at the meeting, her steely eyes fell upon her Lady. But before she could dip her head in respect, before she could acknowledge the Reaper who stood beside the pink woman, she noticed the war paint. Had she finished sparring and not bothered to clean herself before standing before them? Had she defended their borders valiantly against a missed threat? Or was it something much, much worse? From the Lady's lips erupted an answer, and each word was a needle into the corporal's heart. The girl bristled, hatred brewing and burning deep within her breast. Tingal. It was an easy enough name to remember, especially with the burnt metallic taste it left in her mouth. He would fall. He would fail. She would see to it is stripes were carved from his body one by one, and his pelt would make a wonderful carpet for Hotaru's cave. Ki'irha would be sure to assist in any way possible, and would beg the General to aid in his crucifixion. Well, she assumed she would. They had been without a General for many moons in d'Artagnan's absence, and what better time than now to promote a new leader for the warriors?

Hotaru moved along to further business, and the star girl looked to Rexanna and gave a dip of her head as a sort of congratulations, and a smile warmed her stormy gaze. Those same silver eyes widened at the following words, an her head turned to face Hotaru again.

General. General.

Her ears perked, pivoting on their polls, catching each word. Her heart swelled in her chest, and it took all she could muster to hold her composure together, instead of bouncing around like an excited filly. A smile drew at the corners of her lips, and she stepped forward, head high, before she dropped her crowned skull in a humble bow. "It is an honor," she began, voice light and warm, before lifting her head proudly, "I graciously accept the position as General. There's much work to be done, and I will proudly pull our troops together and prepare them for whatever may lay in wait over those mountains."

Deimos then spoke, and though she still struggled to contain herself, she focused on his words. Gull was another unusual name, yet an enemy by any other name is still an enemy. Perhaps after the tiger was dealt with, they could go hunting for buzzards. Or sea gulls. Whatever. He then touched upon the Sentinals, and though nostalgia had softened her heart to them as an identifiable piece of the landmark, she knew if they no longer served their purpose, they were no longer required to stand guard. Would they be removed, stripped from their posts? It would be curious to see how barren the entrance would look without their looming forms. The Latin devil commented on them being a blemish, no more than rotting scrap, but the star girl saw them as much more. "Perhaps we should allow them to stay, both as a formidable presence to those who seek to trespass across our borders, and as a reminder to what great things may become if allowed to become sedentary." She shrugged, having no qualms on the decision made about them, but knew it was truth. They may no longer serve their original purpose, but that didn't mean they had no significance.

As the floor was opened for further commentary, Ki'irha considered those who she stood among. She had much to discuss on the status of their warriors, but she would call them together later. For now, she minded only those who would not answer to her later. "It would be my pleasure to join you on your way to the Hidden Falls, if you'll have me," she addressed Hotaru. She had never been to any of the herd lands other than her own, so it would be the proper thing to visit each one and meet with their generals, and perhaps discuss inter-herd training. But that was a discussion to be had another time. Turning her head to Deimos, she spoke again. "I believe we should encourage our members to visit the Threshold. Though the journey is long, I believe many pass through Helovia's doors in search of home, among other things. We should offer vagabonds what they seek, and at the same time boost our numbers."

Her head turns to the elder, and though deep within her breast anger brews, her expression remains cool, and her silver gaze chilling. "Watch your tongue, old man, for my watch on our borders is constant. Aren't you the one who cowered within our walls and barked insults from afar at the hornless who approached our threshold? Besides, last time I checked, you seem to offer nothing to our herd, other than rudeness and brashness." She should have stopped there, but her words remained sharp, cutting into her tongue as she held them back. She was a General now, and diplomacy should have been enough to keep her steady and polite. But with her rank also came responsibility, and she deserved the respect that came with the title. She had earned it. "Perhaps if you can do better, you should join the warrior rank, and prove the arthritis doesn't slow your body down as much as your age has slowed your brain." She looked around at those who had gathered, and moved her targeted response to the broad audience. A smile softened her expression as the cobra within recoiled, the venom receding from her words. "We have much to protect within these mountains, and I encourage any who have the spirit to join our warriors. Even if you wish to simply practice with us. Speak now, or find me after this meeting concludes. I would be happy to add any to our proud ranks. It is easy to shout insults into the void while laying idly by, but it takes little to step forward and be a part of the solution."

The star girl fell silent again, ears attentive to what others had to say. And inside, she still glowed and bubbled and felt more joyous than she had felt in ages.

Ki'irha, the General.

words
OOC//// !!!!! I'm so excited! Ki'irha accepts the promotion. Also, I think this is the longest post I've ever made. For significant mentions, @Albrecht ~

image || table
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
where the light won't find you - by Hotaru - 03-08-2016, 04:25 AM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Deimos - 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Rexanna - 03-10-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Tangere - 03-10-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Albrecht - 03-11-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Ki'irha - 03-11-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Lena - 03-12-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Sialia - 03-12-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Zandora - 03-13-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Enna - 03-13-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: where the light won't find you - by Albrecht - 03-13-2016, 07:54 AM