Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
and from the rain
comes a river running wild
that will create an empire for you
I run—far too blinded by my excitement, my eagerness that flares through my veins to notice how the figure’s shape changes. The distance between us closes, and I just keep on running, totally oblivious for now of the steely eyes that are already pinning me down. Laughing breathlessly (it feels weird, I’m not used to laughing like this) I throw myself through the snow, kicking up my heels in a spirited buck for good measure. The flurries of snow tossed up by my hooves fly in every direction, some jumping up to bite me in the butt with their icy chill.

I toss my head, snorting a guttural breath before blinking the snowflakes from my eyes. “Woah,” I gasp suddenly, finally noticing that this person is, in fact, very much not my brother. I’m not even sure if they’re an equine at all! As the distance between us continues to diminish, the more I’m convinced that this has to be some sort of…alien or something. Definitely not from this world (and definitely not right). “Holy mother of monsters!” The words hiss from my teeth in a spit of breath, and I force my legs to stiffen in an effort to slow down and avoid a collision with this thing.

At last I come to a graceless halt, my bright gold eyes meeting the stranger’s boldly, my curiosity (wonder? Disgust?) overshadowing any fear that I probably should feel. All I can do is gawk at the creature, almost unbelieving that it’s real at all! There are fins—fins?!—raised from her body, and a snake instead of a normal tail, with barbed needles at the end, and it doesn’t seem like her skin is made of soft flesh and fur—but of scales and, and—and I don’t even know what . To top it all off, she’s huge.

I’m startled by her voice—not because it’s too abnormal (it’s probably the most normal attribute about this thing), but I’m so distracted by how…strange she is! “I—” What do I even say? I’m almost surprised I can understand her language at all. I lick my lips and flick my tail before continuing. “I thought you were someone else,” my voice is careful almost, the words slow as my eyes narrow in study of her features, my attention splattered all over the place.  Finally, I can stand it no longer. “What are you?” It is a brazen question (more of a demand, really), and I look at her, not having a clue what she’s gonna do next.

notes; Here have a Sabre XD
“Speech.”

@Aquila || image || table
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
and the winter winds— - by Sabre - 03-11-2016, 12:42 AM
RE: and the winter winds— - by Aquila - 03-17-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: and the winter winds— - by Sabre - 04-29-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: and the winter winds— - by Aquila - 04-29-2016, 11:08 AM