the Rift

[OPEN] In the Meadow

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

“Hello!” Oultik gladly gave his his gaze to another other than Erakro. With his attention changed he hoped to also do away with his common thoughts; his fretting, his love, his play.. the stallion welcomed a break from the cub. 'Though I do love her so,' Oultik amended his thoughts towards his bonded, his daughter, 'this is another sort of female I would enjoy time with.' He did not hide the attention that he gave the sway of her gait. It sent his pulse racing. The tilt of her smile tugged him closer.

"Greetings." Erakro, however, had no interest in the woman. She was too occupied with her play but whenever she caught sight of the dragon the cub scampered over to hide beneath Oultik. For a moment he was stunned. Then confused. Once he followed Erakro's wide eyed look he knew.

Oultik sidestepped, forcing his cub to be out in the open. Turning from the mare he faced Erakro, "Be not condemned by fear," the stallion firmly met the cub's wide eyed look with his own steady gaze, "To do so would dishonor your given name and the predator you will become." Worry briefly returned to the man. It came to dull the sharp look of his eyes. Oultik gathered his wit quickly and exiled the concern for the cub that plagued him. He could not allow Erakro to see such an expression whenever she needed to borrow courage.

Shaking his head the stallion knelt and whispered in the lion's ear, "It is no more than a fancy bat." Erakro had once caught a bat herself. The comparison made her smirk; a fang poked out of one side. Proud as any father would  be Oultik ruffled her hair before standing, There we go.

Oultik turned back to face the mare. "She is my priority. I must be sure that she grows into an able predator. Those with might should not scavenge." His turning back on her could be interpreted as rude but Oultik saw no reason to apologize for his action. Should Erakro need his guidance again he would not hesitate. Apologies are only for things that one regrets, that they would not do again.

To keep Erakro occupied and her thoughts away from her concern about the dragon that was present he flicked his tail about. It was the cub's favorite practice game. Away she rushed to a nearby cluster of grass to hide. In it she prepared to pounce. "I am Oultik," he flicked his ears back as the cub burst forth from the tall grass. He smiled as she landed directly on his tail, "and she is Erakro." Oultik winced and stomped a back hoof as she began to chew on her prize. Erakro pouted and whenever the stallion tried to pull his tail away she slapped a paw down on it and began to groom the hairs.

@Nymeria tagging is great for me! What about you, to tag or not to tag? (;
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
In the Meadow - by Oultik - 03-11-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 03-12-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Oultik - 03-14-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 03-19-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Oultik - 04-09-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: In the Meadow - by Nymeria - 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM