Lilith Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Lilith
I'm not a swan, pretty in a pond.

"Lilith speaks."
the demon thinks.
Lilith thinks.

For once in what seemed like a century Lilith was in control of her body and her mind. She had fought tooth and nail with the demon inside her mind to gain authority over herself. It is only for a short period pet.... Soon I'll be back in control. Lilith snorted at this assertion but gave the voice no more attention. When she did it always seemed to go into long winded speeches about why she was good for the mare. How she needed the demon. That was a load of shit of course. The sweet mare was torn to shreds every time the second personality took over. The demon locked her away deep enough that she could not fight back but allowed a window into her cage so that Lilith could see all of the debauchery that her body found itself performing without her in control. The demon forced her to do wicked deeds just to watch Lilith wreath in pain. She was cruel to all that came within her clutches. She tortured others. She killed. And Lilith was forced to watch herself do this things without being able to stop it. Whenever the demon was in control Lilith wanted to scream out, to tell these horses who she was hurting that it was not her doing these awful things, that she was not in control of her actions. But the mare was not allowed to speak, she could only watch. This constant torture changed Lilith to her very core. The once bubbling and happy creature was now solemn. She chose to cloak herself in silence most of the time. Some had even called her cold. She wasn't completely broken though. To the second personality's shock the Lilith was still a pure hearted creature. She loved and she cared for all of those that she came across, though she was barely ever able to show it. This played well into the demon's torture. For love was the root of all sorrow. 

The demon that occupied Lilith's mind was, of course, not a demon at all. She was simply a split personality pulled from Lilith's own existence. The darker parts of her character that had been buried deep and far away from the surface ever since she was born. It was only brought into existence because of a hard knock to the head. That was all it needed to release its seed inside of her and create the so called demon. The second personality allowed Lilith to believe that it was a demon, she knew the awful truth, because she found it entertaining. The demon knew that one day Lilith would have to learn that it was truly herself doing such horrid things all this time. This realization would be the final straw for the mare, she would break into a million pieces and the second personality would have free reign. But for now Lilith was subject to its trickery. And she was miserable. Oh you know you love me. You need me. I do not need you! And I do not love you! I hate you with all that I am. We both know that that is not true. What would you be without me? A sniveling wallflower hung on someone's wall. You were weak and irritable innocent. With me you are powerful and you know the truth of the world and its horrors. Lilith shook her head violently at the voice, rustling it about in her skull. That isn't true! Without you I was loved. I had a family! Friends! The voice chuckled. A sound that rattled in her brain and sent a scowl onto her face. Pet, you were not loved. No, instead you were used. They trampled over you and you let them! But we fixed that, didn't we? We did nothing! You-you- you hurt them! Killed them! Forced them to banish us! Oh and what fun it was! Burning them on the pyre that was your past. But love you had as much to do with it as I did. That isn't true! You wicked wicked thing! You have ruined me! All the voice gave as a response was a gentle chuckle which faded away into silence. Lilith fumed silently back. She despised that voice and its power over her. There were times when she wondered if it would be better just to fade into the background. To let the demon take full control. To grow cold to the evil that she enacted. But Lilith had not given up. She didn't want the demon to win. So she kept fighting. 

That was why the mare found herself in these lands. She had been on a quest to find someone to exorcise the demon from her soul when she fell into the portal which brought her to this land. At first Lilith had believed the demon had opened a portal straight to Hell and she had fallen inside. But this land did not seem like any kind of Hell that Lilith had learned about. Instead it seemed tranquil and serene. And so she figured she had been brought to a new world, for reasons unknown to her. The voice within her head seemed as confused about the situation as she was. This confusion was the only reason that Lilith had gained control. She had seen the demon's faltering strength and took advantage of it. Have your fun now love. Soon enough I'll be wreaking havoc in your name. The only thing that worried Lilith about this new land was the fact that she had not come across another equine. She had traveled all day, this place being where her nimble legs led her, and she had not seen another horse. Sure she saw wildlife and what not, but nothing of her species. This thought terrified the mare. She did not want to be the only one of her kind in these lands. Being alone with just the voice as a companion seemed worse than Hell. Oh come now. It doesn't sound that bad. You and me for eternity? That's what you have anyway. But it isn't what she wanted. Lilith wanted to rid herself of this evil. But she couldn't do so alone. She needed the help of others. Which would make her finding someone of her own kind a necessity. So the normally quite mare chose to speak up. "Hello? Is anyone out there?" Lilith's voiced carried easily over the silent air and she hoped that another would hear her and come. Ah yes. A new toy would be quite enjoyable.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
glasgow
I know the world’s a broken bone —
Her bones ached with winter, a vile screeching sensation as they brushed by one another with each petty little movement. What was it that she was hoping for, to leave the comfort of the Edge with the razer sharp chilled wind that graced her presence as she descended from the cliffs? She only knew one answer, and part of her began to wish that perhaps she could stumble upon her Lucifer once more. It had been awhile since she had seen him. It had been awhile since she experienced the odd comfort that he had given her as he called her his little demon. And yet, despite her tortures in her past with true demons, she tried as hard as she could to not succumb to the ebony stallion – and yet, fell either way.

The ivory mare was rather short, but a strong stature with old muscles hanging from old bones. Her gaze was glassy, scarred over from her past life. Two horns sat upon her brow, one broken nearly in half. A memento that she carried within her tail to never forget the loss of her sister. But perhaps the most iconic of her scars, were the deep wounds that were always painted red, that lined each corner of her lips in an unfortunately gruesome smile. Her pelt was worn, white with the beginning of a gray hued bruise that stained her hind quarter. And who could forget the blood that stained her feathers, lining each of her slate hooves. She carried herself prouder now than before, perhaps almost pleased with how the strange turn of events had changed her. From the sad little being she had become in her old age (wishing to end her life on the cliffs of the ironically named ‘Heavenly’ cliffs) to a prideful being, given such confidence from the most unlikeliest of culprits.

Glasgow huffed a sigh into the air, a puff of vapor escaping her lips from the icy chill of Frostfall, before her ivory ears danced to a voice that illuminated over the confined air. “Hello? Is anyone out there?” The sound peaked her interest, and she felt herself carrying her weight with scarlet stained ivory legs, over the blanket of snow to where the sound had come from. Breaking the tree line, she spotted a mare a bit taller than she with lean muscles and a beautiful dished face. Perhaps Glasgow felt a bit of envy to her, to see that she carried no scars like she did (but she had to remind herself that she needed to wear the scars with pride instead of fear) and instead admired the mare’s wings and seemingly almost opposite appearance. Despite their similarities in coat color, her eyes were a stark opposite to Glasgow’s glassy orbs. But nevertheless, the mare had seen worse and dipped her crowned head to the creature, settling herself among the edge of the tree line for mere comfort. “I am here.” She admitted, forcing a smile to the mare that felt very awkward as the scars moved and bumped against one another. A price to pay.

I am Glasgow of the World’s Edge, and you have found yourself in Helovia. Welcome.” Her voice was strong, but seemingly professional. Her days as a diplomat served her well in this manner, greeting strangers. However, she waited for the mare’s response before thinking of how to continue – flicking her ashen tail against her blood stained hooves, glassy eyes watching the feathered creature before her.

"Talk."
— but melt your headaches,
call it home.
image credits

@Lilith , Welcome to Helovia! :D Let me know if you'd still like to be tagged <3 If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Unregistered

Lilith

"Lilith speaks."
the demon thinks.
Lilith thinks.

Lilith's coal black eyes had shifted to the ground as she waited for a response to her call. No one will come. The mare tried her best to ignore the taunting of the voice inside her mind. She didn't want to believe the words it spoke. She didn't want to be stuck here with only her thoughts and the voice beside them. Her own thoughts were dark enough with the whisperings of that god foresaken demon. Still, soon enough the mare began to listen to the curses that the demon wrought. Lilith had committed terrible crimes. She had pillaged and destroyed and killed. Of course, it wasn't truly Lilith who performed these atrocities, it was the demon. But the creature had done it with her face and her body and her soul looking on unable to stop it. And so in some way she must have been a part of it. If she had done those awful things, if she had even been there, then she was a monster. And who would want to come to the aid of a monster? Who would want to help her when she had done such horrible things? No one. And so she was alone. Which is how she should have been. Left to herself and the wickedness that was inside of her. She didn't deserve help. And if she got it? Well what good would that do for her. The demon inside of her would probably just kill whoever offered it. Or maim. Or torture. And Lilith wanted nothing to do with that destruction. 

And so the mare cursed herself when she heard the other voice echo through the trees. It sounded nice enough, assuring Lilith that there was indeed another creature here in this land. This seemingly nice creature didn't deserve the horrors that Lilith brought along side her. I'll let you have your fun for now. Lilith didn't trust the demon. She knew that she would appear at the least opportune moment and ruin everything. But she did not know what else she could do. She could simply run away but that would be banishing herself with solitude and the demon. So the beast raised her glance to meet who spoke to her. Her eyes were brought to the size of saucers and her body froze. The beast that had announced her presence was quite an oddity. She appeared almost like a ghost shaded by the leaves of the trees. Her face was twisted in a macabre smile made of scars. For a moment Lilith thought about screaming. What a lovely creature. But then the beast spoke once more. She welcomed Lilith to this land which was apparently called Helovia. She gave her name, Glasgow, and said that she hailed from a land named the World's Edge. This creature in no way seemed to resemble the harshness that was the demon inside of her mind. She seemed almost kind. She welcomed her, at least, and that was more kindness than she was used to. So the mare chose to stay where she was and speak to this creature. "Helovia? World's Edge?" It had been quite some time since Lilith had personally spoken to another equine and so her words were rusty and short. "My name is Lilith and I seem to have fallen into this land that you call home."

Tagged: @Glasgow . Thanks! And yes being tagged would be lovely! <3

Skylark
glasgow
Glasgow no longer carried her demons within her. Instead they simply just became a memory. Her scars were enough of a souvenir from her time spent under their control. While it was draining, they had still spared her. Spared her for a life where she had imagined to just grow old and die, a brittle twig against the winds of change. Things were different now. Never in a million years would she have imagined seeing such a different side of herself. One that could possibly put all those years of hiding her scarred face from foals as she passed through their lands, behind her. However, the Pegasus began to speak and Glasgow perked her ivory ears to her, listening to her words in a calm and quiet demeanor. She nodded momentarily to the questions before shifting, pulling herself further into the clearing – figuring that the mare didn’t seem to mind her appearance all too much, which was a relief at least. Yet as the winged mare continued, she spoke of falling into the land. A smile grew upon Glasgow’s face, twisting her scars with a strange feeling that she was still trying to get used to.

Ah, yes. It’s an interesting passage, that’s for sure. Though as you can see, I can’t fly so I just simply stumbled in. I’m not from here either, but I arrived here.” She flicked an ashen tail against her scarlet dipped feathered feet again before turning her head away slightly, letting her glassy eyes take in the mare with her golden markings and slate colored pelt. “If you seek a home or a refuge, I can offer my home to you?” She questioned briefly, situating her head again. Her dual horns glinting in the light. The jagged pieces of the broken one shining a bit more. “It’s a beautiful place. Nestled up against the cliffs with a beautiful view of the ocean beneath.” She remarked, remembering the place as she had left it from the herd meeting. Her gaze dancing away from the mare in thought before returning to her. Her smile fading as the uncomfortableness began to set in from the strange smile.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Lilith You're welcome! :D I love your girl already!

Unregistered

Lilith

"Lilith speaks."
the demon thinks.
Lilith thinks.

Soon enough the grey pelted mare came farther into the clearing. Lilith looked her over, politely, and gave a slight smile. As she glanced over the beast she was unsure of what she was afraid of to begin with. Sure those marks on her lips were a shock at first. But though they were rather macabre they were not terrifying. Instead they filled the girl with sorrow. What was it that did this to the mare? Why would she be forced to suffer such atrocities. Surely she had done nothing wicked. There was no sense of evil about her. There is blood on her fetlocks. Lilith examined this so called blood and considered it to be only a coloration. A marking of sorts. Perhaps it is a stain of her soul. Of long lost horrors she committed. Lilith rolled her eyes. If she be wicked she could never be as wicked as you, and so she is fine with me. With that the beast gave a toss of her dainty head and returned her attention to the mare before her. 

The beast called Glasgow admitted that she was not from this world either. She had also fallen, or rather stumbled, into this land as Lillith had. The mare tilted her head in slight confusion. She wondered if the land that Glasgow hailed from was the same that Lilith did. Ah! A mare who could know of our horrors. Perhaps if she knew, really knew, she would tremble at our feet. Make her tremble! I do not want her to fear me! I want comfort and friendship. That is a load of shit and we both know it. You want to be remembered revered! And what better way to do that than to strike fear in the heart of others. Lilith tried her best to ignore what the monster said but she spoke so loud that it was almost impossible. The beast lowered her head and gave a slight groan. Until the voice was pushed from her mind. With that out of the way Lillith once more turned her attention to the mare who had begun to speak again. Glasgow offered the mare refuge, a home, and Lillith smiled brightly at her. Mmmmm a whole herd full of new toys to play with. Lovely. Lilith thought about shrieking. About running far away from this place and this kind mare. 
"Are you shure that you want me? For your herd? That I would be.... Accepted?" She wouldn't make eye contact with the sweet mare before her. 

Tagged: @Glasgow <3

I'm so glad you like her!

Skylark
glasgow
It was surely a sight. The two of them speaking among the dying trees of Frostfall. Glasgow’s smile began to falter as it usually did, due to the strange feeling of truly smiling with her scars. She was learning to smile more, to be happier, but it was an ongoing process and never proved to last very long despite her efforts. Instead, she turned her glassy eyes to the newcomer, curious of what her answer might be. Taking note of her exotic facial markings with the almost pearl coloring of her pelt. She carried ashen points and it reminded her of herself after her own tainting. Nevertheless, perhaps she was born that way instead of molded into becoming what was seen at face value.

However, the smile from Lilith was enough to grow another smile upon Glasgow’s face, creasing the scars that bore the bright scarlet red. “I don’t see why not. There’s a variety of people there from all places. Ones born within this land and those who travelled far to seek refuge.” She nodded, her horns glinting with the light as she bobbed her head agreeing with her words as if it were what she sought upon entering the Threshold. She turned from the mare, then, her ashen hind leg dark against the ivory pelt she had everywhere else aside from where the blood had stained. Turning her head back to Lilith she smiled once more, glassy eyes seeking Lilith’s eyes. “It’s rather chilly here, I’ll happily take you to my home if you would like to see for yourself?” She questioned, gray tail swishing with the words.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Lilith , sorry for the wait! If you'd like me to, after you post, I can post the welcoming thread in the Edge? :)