the Rift

[O] Just Another Speck Of Sand

Maibe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M    A    I    B    E

The mare found herself in unfamiliar territory, blue eyes taking everything in curiously. Her steps were cautious, not having really ever been one for interaction. Maibe snorted at the mere thought of conversing with another being. She'd never been popular as a foal, most often she was the subject of everyone's teasing. The Arabian was an odd little thing, finding interest in things she probably shouldn't.

Halting, she flattened her ears to her skull, hiding them in her royal blue mane. Her eyeliner rimmed eyes focused in the distance on a forest at the base of the rocky terrain she skittered down. Feeling the rocks beneath her hooves begin to shift, Maibe moved on again. After a few minutes the dun found herself surrounded by tall trees, the smell of nature overwhelming. Nostrils flaring, Maibe tossed her blue forelock from her gaze, picking her way carefully over fallen logs and branches. The maiden was used to sand and heat, this forest and the humidity were nearly suffocating.

Somewhere overhead a bird began to sing, causing the maiden to halt and look skyward. There were so many new things here in this terrain. Her senses were overwhelmed with new experiences, the mare's skin shivering with the thought. A heavy sigh escaped her lungs. Suddenly tired, the mare moseyed on, her pale hooves dragging the leaf littered ground. Finally the mare found herself in an open area, though she kept going until the found the shade of a lone tree.

Lowering her muzzle to the earth, Maibe shuffled her muzzle around the grass at her hooves. There was no one else nearby that she could sense, but then again, who could really tell with the scent of unfamiliar bombarding her. Lifting her head, the Arabian rested a hoof, her eyes closing slowly. The journey to these lands had been exhausting. She hadn't stopped to rest, taking advantage of her endurance. Of course, she had known she'd feel the after effects once she finally decided to stop.

“Just a quick rest,” she muttered to herself, sighing in relaxation. Maibe didn't bother to worry about anyone approaching, who would be out here anyways? The dun maiden soon found herself breathing rhythmically, ears slowly swiveling around her skull. She hadn't completely let her guard down, but should anyone approach, she'd surely be taken by surprise either way....

OOC;
Word Count - 392
Kinda bleh, but eh it'll get better P:

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The blue girl trotted through the forest without a care in the world. Everything seemed to be looking up for the girl, and despite all of her shortcomings and the stress and drama in her life, she was finally content. Much had happened for her recently, and today her focus was on her new magic. It was new and exciting, and she had been practicing and working on it ever since she had discovered it on the beach. Her current focus was summoning her apparitions while she was moving. It was easy enough (well, not easy, but she was getting more comfortably with it) calling to the creatures while stationary, but in order for the magic to be useful in battle, she would need to learn how to use it while moving.

Her ears pivoted and twisted as she made her way along, trying to take care to avoid the jutting roots and icy spots that littered her path. She focused on her breathing, imagining the glittering light that resided in her chest turning into a fluttering sparrow. Before her appeared the smallest sparkle, snapping and popping as it came to life. She pulled at the edges, imagining it spreading into wings and small claws, and a clapping beak. It grew in size, a round ball that was roughly the size of a sparrow. Her teeth gritted as she tried, brows furrowing, tail twitching angrily behind her. "C'mon, you sparkle, be a bir--"

Apparently she should have been paying a bit more attention, as the tree that had so rudely been in her way could have been avoided. Tears welled in her eyes as she sneezed, the pain shooting up her nose enough to blur her vision. She shook her crowned head, trying to displace the pain that had already begun to subside. She blinked away her misted sight, and looked around. She was content in the fact that no one was around to see her blunder. Unfortunately, a nearby form may have bared witness to her laughable mistake. Maybe the dun mare had been looking the other way?

She coughed, lifting her head high, and allowing a smile to light upon her lips. If the stranger had seen her, she certainly had some work to do to prove she wasn't a clumsy idiot who found pleasure in running blindly into a tree.

"Hello!" she called, stepping towards the woman. The stranger's mane nearly met Ki'irha's coat in its colbalt hues, and she could appreciate the unusual color. She slowed as she considered the way the mare held herself. and she stopped in her tracks. "Oh, my apologies, if I woke you from a nice nap I'll happily leave."

She tipped her head, ready to take her leave should the woman want her privacy. Otherwise, she was more than willing to leap into her recruitment speech. Perhaps the lady would prefer a safer, more secure place to rest, instead of within the wild wood.

talk
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Maibe ~
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

M A I B E

The sound of a collision woke the mare with a start. Snorting softly to herself, Maibe realized how silly she was. The female noticed another being shaking her head nearby, though why was a mystery. It seemed she'd missed something interesting (maybe?), but she went ridged as the female spotted her. Swallowing hard, the Arabian shifted her weight uncomfortably from hoof to hoof as she watched her approach with bright blue eyes.

“Hello!” Maibe nodded in greeting, her voice caught in her throat. The female noticed the deep blue hue of the other mare's coat and, for a moment, was tempted to make a friend. She was pretty, that much Maibe could tell. She'd grown up around beauty, but had never really been considered beautiful herself. The thought made her snort once more. No, she didn't want to be beautiful. Too much attention.

The mare apologized for waking Maibe, though it was long forgotten by then. Instead, the Arabian gritted her teeth, unsure of herself. Looking off into the distance, the mare took a shaky breath. “It's fine.” Her voice shook slightly, though that could have been attributed to the chill in the air. Maibe took the chance to give the other female a quick glance out of the corner of her eye before snapping her gaze back into the distance.

When it became clear that the other maiden really didn't mean any harm, Maibe finally allowed herself to relax. A heavy sigh escaped her lungs as she made eye contact with the female. “I wouldn't mind the company....I've been alone for awhile.” Maibe's voice was soft and almost inaudible. Shifting her weight uneasily, her social issues were glaringly obvious. All those years of being outcast certainly hadn't done her any favors. The Arabian moved her eyes again, not really settling them on any one thing.

Maibe allowed her golden ears to swivel around her skull to keep track of the other being. She was being silly, she knew. Yet it was so hard to let her guard down. Who knew what cruel things this stranger would utter? The Dun wasn't ready to be fully trusting of this maiden, though being friendly wasn't beneath her either. Another awkward glance was sent the cobalt unicorn's way as she waited for speech. Maibe wasn't going to initiate a conversation. She'd wait all day, silently watching if she had too.

OOC;
Word Count - 397
Ehhhh.....

@Ki'irha

Noella
She was noticed, but not until after her embarrassing antics had already been finished. Internally she was grateful. She was a proud warrior, a lithe wildcat, a beautiful predator. So having someone see her walking into a tree would certainly be a blemish on her record. She walked careful towards the dame, who was now wide a wake and probably (understandably) startled.

The blue girl couldn't tell if the fae was nervous, or simply bitten by the same cold chill that caused a shiver to run down her own spine. But that didn't matter. The horses that slipped through this wood could be intimidating, especially for a weary soul, and Ki'irha didn't want to make the newcomer nervous. She leaned back into her haunches, cocking a rear hoof as her lionine tail coiled around the other cloven pillar. Her ears perked forward as she listened intently. Every tale she headed from newcomers was different, and they always seemed to pique her interest.

She nodded solemnly as the stranger spoke of her solitary wandering. "Yes, I can understand wanting company after a long journey. It wasn't more than a year ago that I myself entered through this very forest after wandering alone for much too long." The warrior girl thought of her family for a moment, before the bad times, and of her brothers. The sudden pang of discomfort in her heart was enough to encourage her to move along. "Though I can't speak for you. Everyone who enters Helovia's Threshold has a different story." A smile warmed her features. It was an invitation for the other girl to share her story, but wasn't demanding in case she wished to keep her secrets.

"Oh, and before you consider me rude, my name is Ki'irha. I am a general in the far north, to a herd that lives within a valley nestled in the mountains." Her head turned, horn like the arrow of a compass as she looked north. It wasn't as though her mountain range could be seen, as the journey to the Aurora Basin was far. But it still called to her, and she hoped she could bring one more pilgrim to the mountains to join her beloved family.

talk
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Maibe ~
I hope you don't mind that this is short! I just wanted to get something up for you.
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

M A I B E

Maibe hadn't noticed until the female leaned back on her haunches that she was, in fact, a unicorn. How silly of her not to notice! They had something in common and, after all, this female was only trying to be nice. Relaxing completely, the Dun allowed her ears to perk to attention and her features became more welcoming.

The blue mare spoke, telling Maibe that she had been in her place not too long ago. It helped ease her discomfort a little and gave her hope. She wasn't alone now and it was nice to actually have someone to converse with. The mare continued on, this time almost coaxing Maibe to tell her story. However, before she could respond, a late introduction was given and the Dun smiled warmly in response. So this mare had a home, a herd to return to. What Maibe wouldn't do for that. To feel wanted and welcomed for once.

“It's nice to meet you Ki'irha. My name is Maibe.” Her voice was warm, though it was still a little rough from lack of use. The female hoped this wouldn't be the case for much longer. She watched with bright eyes as Ki'irha looked to the north and cocked her head to the side. Maibe was curious about this other mare's home. Were there other unicorns there? She hadn't had much luck in the way of friends with her kind, always having been teased as a youngster. Maybe things would be different here....

Clearing her throat, Maibe offered another smile. “What's your home like, if you don't mind me asking?” She was hoping it might be warmer there, for how nice would that be!? Almost as if her body was reminded of the cold, she shivered involuntarily. Snorting, the mare watched the blue maiden closely, waiting to hear the tales of her home. She was aware she'd redirected the conversation, not quite ready to talk about her past. After all, why not just leave it there?

She had the opportunity to be someone else, become more than what she was. No one here would know her real self from this Maibe 2.0 anyway. Deciding to become a better version of herself, the female felt a weight lifted off her shoulders. For so long she'd been forced to be an outcast because she was different. Here was her chance to shine and have friends and a family. What could go wrong?

OOC;
Word Count - 405
Sorry I'm so awkward with her haha. Still trying to figure her out

@Ki'irha

Noella
Unsurprisingly, the newcomer didn't share her story. Ki'irha didn't mind, however, because she kept most of her life before Helovia a secret. It wasn't because she's had anything to hide, but more simply because she felt no desire to share the darkness of her past with someone she didn't feel baring her soul to someone she didn't totally trust. She was willing to be an open ear, but would not force a story from anyone.

"Maibe," she repeated, feeling the name on her tongue. It was a name as unusual as most that past through the Threshold, and she tucked it away in the back of her mind.

"Ahh, the Aurora Basin," the blue crooned, as if a fond memory had slipped into her mind. She loved her herdland, though it left much to be desired by many. It was cold and bitter during the Frostfall months, and still retained some of it's bite through the duration of Tallsun. She considered her words carefully, making sure she didn't share any details that might make it sound unwelcoming and undesirable. "My home is wonderful. It is nestled within the mountains, carved from stone and ice. Though that may not sound like the most ideal home, the beauty of the place supersedes any doubts one may have. It isn't a tropical destination, but it is perfect for those who call it home. And even better, the unicorns who live there truly make the herd a family. We have many jobs, should you desire to chose a vocation, and even if you're unsure of what you may wish to do, there are many who would be willing to take you under their wing and teach you." She thought fondly of Enna and Ashamin and Johnny, and though she had her issues with a few, she had no doubts that most would be willing to assist her with anything she may need.

"If you'd like," she continued, hesitant for a moment, not wanting to offer the girl something she may not want, "I would be happy to show you the way, and you can see for yourself. I'm not sure if a home is what you seek, but you may find some of what you've been looking for. And even if you decide you don't wish to stay, at least you can find some safety and shelter for the time being."

talk
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Maibe ~
Sorry for the wait!
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo