the Rift

[OPEN] Warm me up

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
the language of waves</style>

She stood, dripping and shivering, glowering at the waves. Aqua stripes faintly glowed beneath the overcast, grey skies, so great was her ire. Icy droplets ran in zig-zag paths between the plates of her hide. Her ridges were raised, attempting to trap heat, while her face-fins were pinned against her neck. Too-large eyes radiated her palpable displeasure as her long tail was wrapped around her haunches, barbs carefully tucked beneath her lithe barrel.

She was freezing.

Helovia was too cold. The seas were too cold. And the air was too dry. She was stuck between desiccating in the dry air and freezing beneath the frigid waves. Scaled ears pinned flush with her skull, another pulse of light coming from her as a particularly violent wave of shivering shook her athletic body.

A harsh snort rushed from her ridged nostrils, vapor rushing away with the cold breeze. She knew she should head behind the dunes to seek relief from the wind. But, truly, she was too cold to move. Her back was hunched, her webbed hooves tucked stepped tightly beneath her body. “Akvians wouldn’t even be able to survive these cold seas,” the terse words to herself were growled— even if she had been able to rescue her people from the Rift, what would they have done?

So, in her foul mood, she flared at the cold, uncaring sea.

Ears pinned further, pain biting through the tendons as they were pushed so flush with her skull. Unblinking eyes ignored the sting as the cold wind hit her corneas— her eyes were used to bathing in salty seas, what was the cold winter wind? But, still, liquid streamed from her left eye as it was buffeted by a particularly violent breeze. There was no relief from the cold— another pulse of light left her hide.

a q u i l a</style>
imagetable

@Nymeria a cold and grumpy Aquila for yew :P

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
Warm me up - by Aquila - 03-18-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Warm me up - by Nymeria - 03-20-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Warm me up - by Aquila - 03-22-2016, 01:07 AM
RE: Warm me up - by Nymeria - 03-26-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Warm me up - by Aquila - 04-18-2016, 01:07 AM