the Rift

Here again

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

His temper soothes, and his dragons cease their savage hissing, as the other stallion makes his apology clear. Good, comes the overriding emotion from each of the trio, as their muscles collectively relax and their eyes lose their hard steel edge. The volcano returns to lying dormant beneath the surface, and the brute bats his ears to show that all is forgiven and forgotten.

The other male reveals he's been in Helovia before, and Volterra glances upwards with interest. His interest turns to full-blown shock, however, as Cowboy speaks again. This time, his dragons react not with anger, but with an almost awestruck reverence; they suddenly sit perfectly still on their branches, not wishing to miss a word of the conversation that's bound to follow. Their tails wrap around their individual branches, whilst their powerful scaled forms lean forwards with rapt attention.

Tyradon. You look a lot like him.

A combination of words that has the behemoth's jowls dropping, his neck arching and mane swishing through the air as their meaning sinks in. "Tyradon." He repeats the name, his father's name - it is rare for Volterra to be taken by surprise, but Cowboy has accomplished it. Cowboy, his brother. He has a brother! That explains why the lad looked so familiar. So many questions bubble into the brute's head, but first he answers the one given by his relative. "Tyradon is my sire, too." It does not surprise him that Tyradon has other children, other sons - Volterra would be ashamed if he didn't. They are stallions, after all, and it is their right to sire as many foals as they can. No doubt he and Cowboy have other brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews that they do not know about.

"I do not know him well, however. He attended the birth of myself and my twin sister, Nymeria, along with his green dragon Cynder. He gave my sister a black dragon egg, helped give us our names, then he left." The goliath's voice is emotionless - he rarely dwells on the fact he'd grown up without a father. After all, there is no law saying a man must help raise the contents of his balls. "He rules a herd far outside Helovia, which he had to return to. I have not seen him since." He looks away, to his dragon companions, wondering what his father would think of them - apparently Tyradon's own father had a golden queen. Perhaps the great man would be proud of Volterra for his accomplishments. "So you will not find him here in Helovia. However, if you still wish to stay, perhaps I could encourage you to remain as an Outcast like myself rather than joining one of the herds. It allows us men to be men, you understand, without the bonds of a herd's laws." A wicked gleam in the stallion's eye should tell Cowboy exactly what he means by that.

@Cowboy

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Here again - by Cowboy - 03-19-2016, 02:59 AM
RE: Here again - by Volterra - 03-19-2016, 04:55 PM
RE: Here again - by Cowboy - 03-25-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Here again - by Volterra - 03-26-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Here again - by Cowboy - 03-28-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: Here again - by Volterra - 03-29-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Here again - by Cowboy - 03-30-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: Here again - by Volterra - 04-02-2016, 08:32 AM