the Rift

Home (RE, open)

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.</style>
But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.</style>

The moniker of 'kid' was appropriate, especially for Kali, and I chuckled as he set off in pursuit, a muted sound that died against my chest as the unappealing idea of moving forward cast a foul haze against my mind. Lace had nearly left the clearing by the time my legs began to move, a pained gasp forcing its way into the misty air as I struggled to catch up with the younger crowd. I'm too old for this, is the bitter thought, a sallow thing against a stubborn heart that forces me forward despite my dissuasion. My heart is far more eager for company than my head, and with the dizziness of pain and the excitement of Kali rising through my soul like a surge of tide it easily spurs me into the woods, a straggler behind my companions living voraciously through the young gryphon's eyes.

Kali's wing clipped a mossy branch, spraying dirt and debris in her wake. She was pleased with Fajira's enthusiasm and pursuit, and screeched to her new playmate as she ducked around a young fir, shouting instructions in a language that none but her kin could understand. The thrill of the hunt sent adrenaline through her veins, consequentially spurring me onwards, excitement rising with as my soul mate closed in on her mysterious query.

Neither of us anticipated it's sudden stop, or its speech. Faced with fangs and a dark inky face, Kali balked and reared back, wings beating great arcs as she hissed at the creature, uncertain how to proceed. She could understand it as wanting Lace, but did not know why, nor whether she really wanted to let it have him. A tick branch reached out behind her, and she landed on it, gripping the tree with flexing claws, eying the beast through slitted eyes, her tail twitching frantically. She watched me as I reached the clearing, coming to a halt behind the gold-brushed stallion and flinching at the pain in my chest. The monster clutched and amulet between glistening fangs, tempting Lace to try and take it, its voice a forced growl from unnatural lips. "Magic," I muttered, and would have pressed the thing for information, but Lace and the children were off again, synchronized flashes of white honing in on the possessed beast.

"Kali, wait!" I tried to call, but my cries were ignored by the eager gryphon. Her friends had re-entered the hunt, and she was determined to win, as her mind saw it, and go home with a fresh and shiny amulet clutched in her beak. I sighed as she launched herself from the branch, her tiny body a pale bullet shot from the gun of her own contracted muscles, with no real strategy except to succeed. The three of them radiated enthusiasm; it didn't take a look into their souls to see it, and I shook my head in amusement, content to cock a heel and watch the antics of those younger than myself. Perhaps this venture would be more rewarding than I'd anticipated.
Stock Providers: Horse, Background.

Messages In This Thread
Home (RE, open) - by Lace - 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Random Event - 10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Rishima - 10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Lace - 11-04-2012, 05:33 AM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Random Event - 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Lace - 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Rishima - 12-11-2012, 04:51 AM
RE: Home (RE, open) - by Rishima - 12-18-2012, 05:08 PM