the Rift

[PRIVATE] show me some pride [ranjiri]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

The stallion kept patrolling.

The dog was off hunting.

Clean, thick, metal-shod hooves brought the stallion closer and closer to the south and further and further away from his home. After his patrol with Soren, the Czar decided he needed to venture out on his own patrol away from the borders. The Earth God's warning sat in Archibald's stomach like a rock, rolling back and forth heavily and smashing against his insides violently. All he could do was be on constant alert and lookout for the ever-shifting thing the gods could not detect. Archibald moved down from his homeland, scouring the earth and keeping his eyes and ears sharp. Loretta, dragged by her throbbing hunger, left his side to fill herself. He knew she would return to him when she was ready and full. She was loyal, more loyal than anyone else in his life. He believed their connection to be even higher than the shared soul they were bound over. The Earth God had made her for him--it was the only explanation.

Heading past the heart caves, Archibald let his patrolling take him into the scrubland that surrounded. The grasses--tall enough to cover a normal horse--tickled his sides just above the dip of his stomach. He was massive, his form easily detected amid the waving, dry grass. Golden eyes moved slowly, scanning around and before him as he moved. Every once and awhile the monstrosity stopped, letting his brilliant head lift and search all around him. His ears constantly twitched, ready to catch any sound that emitted from the world around him like two, black satellites.

What was this thing, and where was it hiding?

Image Credits

@Ranjiri

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Truth be told, I hated the Heart Caves and I often avoided going anywhere near it. All the memories that were trapped in my head of that place were ones that I wanted to leave locked away in the deepest part of my mind. I didn't want to remember threatening my dad or Gaucho. I didn't want to think about how I had destroyed Gaucho's dream catcher (even if that was the reason I was there). I wanted the past to stay in the past, but it always had a way of forcing itself into the present and making life miserable.

I stayed as far away from the mouth of the caves as I could, because that open, gaping hole in the ground continued to be something out of my nightmares. Instead I stayed in the shrubland where the grasses were over my my back and reached past the tips of my ears, and they swayed as I walked. I could imagine playing hide and seek with Cera as foals there, but we hadn't really had the opportunity to grow up together. Maybe one day, when I had kids of my own, they would come out here and play hide and seek with other foals.

But who was I joking? Kids of my own.

I snorted and dipped my head down to continue my search for material that I could use for the dreamcatcher that I wanted to replace for Gaucho. I knew I could probably make the whole thing out of metal, but I didn't want to do that. I wanted to make it something like what I destroyed (before dad had turned it to gold, of course). I just ... what were dreamcatchers made out of?

In retrospect I probably should have asked Cera for some kind of idea before I started rooting around in the tall grass. Oh well.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

aud pixel!