the Rift

[OPEN] Bug a Boo [Crafting]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

The scowling, swearing voice was incredibly familiar by now but instead of inspiring a similar (if cheerier) version of the reaction in myself it brought forth a bright smile. I turned towards him, shaking my head at the sight. “Oh cheer up Albrecht, your sentence is almost over!” All he had to do was help out with this one liiiittle project and then he wouldn't need to help out ever again! Which would be a shame because I was starting to like him!

Jellybean wasn't quite convinced about him but she chirped in his direction as we caught up with each other in the forest. She peered around Johnny’s neck to get a good look at this new creature. But decided that sleep was more important and cuddled back in to her bonded’s back. “This is Jellybean!”

Johnny reached into the bag at his side and pulled out a dried cotton plant - the leaves dried around the fluffy seed head. “We need to find a couple more of these plants, they’re in this area so it shouldn’t be too hard. And I can duck under any branches you can’t fit beneath!” Well, just because I wanted his help didn’t mean that I wanted him to be uncomfortable.  

I smiled at him before continuing to scout for the helpful little plant.

Once we had a good store of it, I sat down on my haunches - much like I did on the first time we met!  Except there had been a sleeping companion on my back (sometimes I forgot about her) so she tumbled with very little grace into the snow. “Beautiful, isn't it!” Oh. It was still just a pile of dead plants. “Uh, well it will be beautiful soon anyway. Thank you for the help Albrecht! Your debt is paid.” Such serious words. I should make barters like this more often!

I sat there and stared at the pile for another moment or two before getting to work. Tapping into that lovely, incredible magic that the herd gave me and taking the fibres from the plants and weaving them together.

The blankets I made were soft and thick and settled gently into the snow. Not too bad at all! Nice and simple, they were going to be perfect for trades! Jellybean, grumbling and upset, waddled over to inspect them herself.

Guess she must like them because she crawled right in and settled in for a nap!

@Albrecht
Posted from my phone because it's the last day and I forgot :| so sorry for any typos or weirdness!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Johnny - 03-22-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Albrecht - 03-26-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Johnny - 03-31-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Albrecht - 04-09-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Johnny - 04-24-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Bug a Boo [Crafting] - by Albrecht - 04-28-2016, 08:24 AM