the Rift

Circles around the sun [Royal NSS drop]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The clear day beckoned me to the skies, the winds above eager to cradle my feathers. I responded to it's call willingly, taking off to join my winged brethren in the sky, to sail through clouds and let the chill of FrostFall cling to my coat closer than it did on the ground.

I had little on my mind, and was even less concerned about where it was I was going. Nothing mattered to me then, just the harsh kiss of the breeze and the way my smoke looked when flung through thinner air. I considered patrolling, for I still had duties to the Edge, especially after being promoted, but the day was too pretty to be wasted on work. I rarely took a day to myself to simply fly, to let the strain of my life ease, and allow myself to forget the tumultuous happenings of my life.

I reveled in the opportunity to do so on a pretty day.

But it caught my attention. It disrupted my tediously eased mind and summoned all the maelstrom thoughts I had so carefully laid to rest. It was a flash of lightning, starkly white against the blue of the sky, reflected even more so by the normally silent waters below. My ears pricked forward, strained against their hold on my head. I snorted bitterly, a nebulous cloud of smoke following it, dissipating furiously.

Lightning on a clear day was an unheard of phenomenon for me. I couldn't imagine it being a good omen. So I landed roughly in the waters, splashing cool, salty droplets over my legs. I followed the lightning, and found that others had, too. I recognized one already gathered, smiling to myself at his ivy covered legs and teal feathers. I stood behind him though, choosing to stay quiet, stay to myself as I observed the scene.

For a moment, the gathering made so little sense to me. The ghostly apparition (apparitions?) before me danced, so blindingly bright, so terrifyingly merry. Did they know emotion, or did they dance simply to dance? The apparition itself soon lost interest to me, though, for my pale amber gaze spotted the egg spinning with their dance. The scene clicked, my memories of these sort of occurrences coming forth vividly in my mind.

My breath shook softly, my smoke thin and spiraling as my heart lurched, longing for the companion tucked so helplessly within the egg.

Seeking a Hellhound with the Acid ability
wishlist
Refusals: one, two, I would like to use my one extra VOTG roll
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Circles around the sun [Royal NSS drop] - by Auriel - 03-26-2016, 04:23 PM