the Rift

Circles around the sun [Royal NSS drop]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

If I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain?

Cause I remember everything

Fascination was barely a strong enough word for the feeling washing through Mesec’s chaotic mind as he watched the lights move, watched the strands begin to weave together as they started to create. Both of the pairs of silver eyes were transfixed on these movements, watching them more than they watched the egg. Though - of course - the two were so close together, the weaving light and the egg, and soon they both began to move. Barely daring to blink, Mesec watched in amazement as the light transformed into a stone pillar that held the egg up, fitting around its curves and cradling it carefully.

The steps taking him forward had begun before he was consciously aware that they were doing so. One and then another, inching him forward until he was close enough that he could get a good look - close enough that the melody of voices was all he could hear and the blurred light from the creatures took up his vision.

The others were standing near the base of the pillar, looking at the egg but making no move to grab it. Were they as transfixed by the moving light as Mesec was? It was tempting, the way it sat there as an offering, but as Mesec was debating reaching out to take it he noticed the depression in the stone beneath the egg. If he moved it from that spot, what would happen? It seemed to be held pretty solidly in the sunlight stone, though he could try to nudge it.

But what would happen if he tried to reach through the light creatures that were spinning around the egg, protecting it?

Feeling brave enough to try, Mesec slowly reached out experimentally toward the ring of light - toward the egg - testing the waters to see what would happen if he touched them. Could he reach through the singing creatures? Lucius shifted nervously on his back, ready to spring and snatch the egg if it started to fall - feeling protective and nervous about the sleepy and unborn creature hidden within it.
Image Credits
table by Time <3

seeking:
[ Companion: Kitsune | Dreams ]
Wishlist

I'd like to use 1 extra VOTG roll from my prize list
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: Circles around the sun [Royal NSS drop] - by Mesec - 04-02-2016, 11:31 PM