the Rift

Grief relief [Cass]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom
"Adhara." A vague smile curled upon her maw at the taste the word concorded with, for she hadn't felt it cross her lips in much too long a time. The expression matured into a somewhat larger grin thereafter as Azzuen invited her speech to continue. She wasn't certain why, but she was hesitant. She trusted and loved the stallion before her to an extent in which words could never accurately express, but she couldn't help but balk at the idea of speaking of her past.

The roan dame was more apt to heeding and absorbing the narrative of another. It was not often that the serene chorus of her voice was heard that the lyrics were respondent to herself. It is only fair to let him know. She assured herself whilst trying to hide her reluctance. She didn't want him to think she didn't trust him, because she did with all of her heart. It would be a refreshing change of pace, and she was more than content to share the information with him, she decided.

"For you, I'd be happy to." She subsequently verified, soon after he deliberately pressed his silken-textured maw against her dampened hide and gently thrust it forward with intension, farther convincing her to proceed. She pondered where to begin, then parted her kissers to allow the flow of words to ensue. "Adhara and I were born in land known as Valryn to a mare named Khalira. My mother was a peaceful mare; a member of a herd of pegasus in which she held no special position, but was admired for her beauty."

She intermitted in her speaking, contemplating what to explain next before proceeding. "My herd consisted only of other pegasus and we resided in a luscious valley known as the Valley of Virenza, where me and my sister grew up. It was rare for foals to be born with magic in my herd, and mine was considered a precious gift from the Moon Goddess herself." She looked toward Azzuen, then, wondering what his reaction would be to all of this.

She yearned for his approval, wondering if the information she provided was interesting enough. "Do you remember the first time we met, in the Thistle Meadow, when I said I left Valryn because I no longer fit in?" She awaited his affirmation. "As I grew older, the deeply entrenched sexism of my homeland grew more and more oppressing. Although I was cherished for the powers I possessed, I loathed their customs and one day I fled." She had been the oracle, an immensely important figure in her herd. She knew the gift she possessed was a precious one, but she hadn't cared. She was young and foolish then, and suffered for her ignorance with shame.

She gazed down at her reflection with an expression resembling meaningful rumination. "I informed my mother, first. She seemed... disappointed." An elongated moment of silence from the mare consequently followed her speech as she gazed down at the water, then toward the horizon with a faraway expression. She was deep in thought. "I couldn't bare to tell Adhara. I feared she would be angry at me for leaving. I would give anything to see her again."

Messages In This Thread
Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-19-2012, 03:21 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-21-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 07-03-2012, 10:43 PM