the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'll never leave this place.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

A heaviness settled through the Falls, stagnant, melancholic air in a gray sky. Snow fell to the ground, though with lethargy and disinterest onto the tired world. Sounds of nature ceased, and only the steady but muted roar of the icy falls remained. Sadness and mourning rested in every shadow and every monotone light; it wept from ice-laden trees and cried from mists. Pervasive cold was thicker, more suffocating, and this is what the Earth God felt when he arrived.

He was a whisper on the wind, a single drop of rain that stirred in a puddle. Vibrations began to grow until that drop formed the outline of the massive stallion, rich coat and thick hair subdued by the season and his own sadness. Green eyes, usually so full of life in the spring months of renewal, were of a jade hue, stony and still. The God of the Earth looked upon his daughter with a mixture of emotions, all of them etched into various planes of his broad, ancient face, and he looked upon the grave tragically.

From the simplest worm to the most complex equid, all life deserved a chance. Some life was not destined for greatness. Some life did not survive to bloom in this world. Some life never truly started to grow. But nature, his laws, were the cause. His balanced world decided the fate of some and not others based on their propensity to grow and develop and their contributions to the delicate ecosystem he had constructed. But this life was not one he could mourn in passing for his death was not natural.

No, by the actions of his own mother, he lay lifeless in his grave. No decorations, honor or sadness could change the fact that the boy was gone and would never explore his future. He was a small star in a sea of millions, though his loss was no less tragic, and the Earth God sighed, exhaling a white lily bloom to give life to the grave. Then, his gaze settled upon his daughter, taking the blame upon his world-weary shoulders for her actions. "Why?" he asked. The thunder of his voice was weak, soft and uncharacteristic of the powerful man.

God of the Earth
Image Credits

@Isopia

Messages In This Thread
I'll never leave this place. - by Isopia - 03-25-2016, 01:53 PM
RE: I'll never leave this place. - by God of the Earth - 03-28-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: I'll never leave this place. - by Isopia - 04-18-2016, 04:55 PM