the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's the storm that I believe in

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Enraptured by the elephant child, the feel and sound and sight of her, Erthë gave only minor signs of actually hearing the reply to her many queries. Humming and nodding it would be easy to mistake her lack of response for disinterest - but only if one missed the eyes that narrowed in calculation or the brow that furrowed in concentration as she added these new puzzle pieces to some unseen canvas of sprawling information within her mind.

But she wasn't so busy examining the King's young companion that she forgot to reply to his questions. Grinning happily Erthë looked up from a curiously prodding little trunk and said:

"Not so much upsetting them, Tembu, it's more that I enjoy seeing what they do when something unexpected happens." She used the nickname she had given him - for what seemed like ages ago now - with affection and without much thought to it, even though she was more than capable now of pronouncing the man's name properly.

"I love the Edge but it can get very dull here sometimes, don't you agree?"

A sudden prod of little Mbwene made the filly wriggle and sidestep, squealing in mock offense at the tickling sensation. Pearly hooves scraped over barren rocks as the hybrid girl inched out of reach, a wily twist of rose-tinted lips tempting - no daring - the companion to do that again.

"It's why I went away for a bit, you see. Not to make trouble" she continued, gaze focused on Mbwene while a soft woolen ear remained fixed in Tembovu's direction. "I was exploring Helovia, and... well, looking for my brother too I suppose. I have one, did you know? Though for some reason mother refrained from telling me until her dying day, and now I don't even know what he looks like - only his name."

Something bitter and angry flashed through her gaze at the thought, and with a sigh Erthë turned back to the big stallion.

"Do you think that's fair, Tembu?" she asked the man, bluntly straightforward as always.

"Mother never told me about having a brother, Father mentioned having a brother too but haven't said another word on the matter, I don't know who their parents were either... I could have family everywhere or nowhere, but there is no way of finding out because right now I can't even seem to find the ones I do know about."

"Should parents really be allowed to keep secrets from their kids?"

The girl came to a halt as she spoke and took her eyes off the elephant, mulling thoughts carrying her attention away from the game she had initiated.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 03-31-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-14-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-19-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-27-2016, 07:58 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM