the Rift

[OPEN] Brace Yourself.. the flies are coming.

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
O u l t i k
On the wrong side of heaven
and the righteous side of Hell
“Hello!” “I hope I’m not intruding.” Oultik responded bluntly, "As do I." He was not a man to curtsey around the troublesome expectations of small talk. Someone was worth his time or they were not. Words said without being meant were waisted breath. The mare would be intruder or not. She would have to determine that herself.

"Oh how beautiful!" Oultik stiffened, thinking that she was referring to him. He had been called many things, most recently a 'miserable bastard', but beautiful? That would be a first. It left him unsure what to say. The stallion, usually guarded, looked to the mare with utter confusion. His lips parted and his brows furrowed. Once.. twice.. he tried to put to voice a response in the end only shaking his head. While doing so he caught and followed her eye. Oultik followed her gaze straight to Erakro. His flash of a smile was followed by the rumble of laughter as he came to understand.

"She is Erakro. My daughter, though obviously not by blood," Oultik's lips twitched under the pressure of a bad joke, "She lacks the family stripes." Having delivered the punchline he allowed his lips to curve into his dashingly straight smile. Oultik had warmed to the mare after she complimented his cub. Should she run him through with her antlers he would still not find her to be an intruder, not now. This woman was the first to appreciate Erakro for what she was, for what she would become. Oultik's expression darkened at the memory of the pegasi who thought the lion cub to be a cast off.

Erakro, too devoted to her bonded, resisted her curiosity and how it called for her to meet the mare. Instead she focused on stalking the pesky flies. She would pounce in one direction and the swarm would simply move in the opposite direction. Trying a new tactic the cub opted to use stealth rather than simply charging into battle. Ducked behind some higher grasses she wiggled her butt in the air preparing her balance. Her head moved forward to get a better view of her prey through the grasses. Her eyes narrowed on her specific targets. The cub leapt! Lifting her paws she found two flies she had taken off guard. They had been crushed by her pounce. Proud she plucked them up in her mouth and trotted over to drop the first at the antlered mare's hooves and the other at Oultik's.

Erakro liked the nice woman, as she walked to drop off her father's fly she looked back towards her and gave a long affectionate blink. After turning towards Oultik again the cub ran the short distance between them. She dropped his fly at his striped hooves, looking up at him through her lashes the entire time. Pride lit her face; she was rather formal in presenting the dead insects. Oultik had a hard time keeping a straight face. "You did well." Around the cub he was a different man; warmer and gentler.

[Image: oultikforprofile_by_tierren-d9wxebs.png]

Coding by Tamme
Art by Ysval

@Aelfwine I am the worst! I thought that I had replied to this.
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brace Yourself.. the flies are coming. - by Oultik - 04-11-2016, 09:54 PM