the Rift

Have you ever played marbles before?

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Once within a grove of trees, I found a rolling marble.
Despite all its beauty t'was dulled by its company
and lay at the foot of a high-reaching tree--
a sapling compared to my canopy's rings.
Now though other trees and glass bits lay about,
this one had rolled on its own.
What a curious thing indeed!

______

Guesses:
AB: 0/3
DT: 0/4
WE: 0/4

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn says, "take your whims elsewhere.

- Gold markings are shiny against brown black, which is not shiny (or dull!)
- Unicorn
- He is younger than Knox.
- Outcast

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Jen
Rikyn is not wanted.

Jen
Aelfwine was sought.

--"Marbled in monochrome colors"

--"While she is rather bland in comparison to the rest of her family"

--Tree marking

--Trees age in years, she is smaller and younger than Knox like a sapling is smaller and younger than a tree

--Onsite relatives marked with trees, most notably Tilney who is in the edge with a broken glass wall

--"... she refused to go crawling back to her home. She began to make it a point in her life that she would be able to learn how to thrive without others"

--"Aelf asks many questions which could be annoying to some, but it wouldn’t bother her even if it did. After all, curiosity can be a wonderful thing."

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
+1 | Appearance (though I hmmm'd about this one for a long time, tbh)

+1 | Appearance

--Tree marking
0 | Too vague for me. I thought that this was either a height or foot-marking reference. It might have worked for someone like Tilney whose marking stems from his hoof, but I believe hers is on her back?

--Trees age in years, she is smaller and younger than Knox like a sapling is smaller and younger than a tree
0 | A canopy is the leaves of a tree? It has nothing to do with rings?

--Onsite relatives marked with trees, most notably Tilney who is in the edge with a broken glass wall
0 | Too vague for me to have gone, "oh yeah, this relates to her onsite family. But also the clues need to be about the character being sought, and even after the reveal, this seems more like it's about her family rather than her in relation to them. Also the 'glass bits' was too vague for me.

--"... she refused to go crawling back to her home. She began to make it a point in her life that she would be able to learn how to thrive without others"
0 | Too vague. Because the clues can't stack, reading this on its own feels like it doesn't have any content at all. But it makes me think of a character who is alone, and she clearly isn't given how much family she has here.

--"Aelf asks many questions which could be annoying to some, but it wouldn’t bother her even if it did. After all, curiosity can be a wonderful thing."
+1 Personality

Only 2/3 as two of the passed clues are appearance related and you must have three distinct clues to pass.

Bunnie the Bonnie Lass Posts: 9
OOC Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 25
Bunnie
[Appearance] --"Marbled in monochrome colors"
+1 -- Ahhh I love it! This is a superior appearance clue down to the word directly pulled from the profile and the fact that her family are a bunch of tree marked unicorns. xD

[Appearance]--"While she is rather bland in comparison to the rest of her family"
+0 -- I think this one is really close to the first one to me though it does involve an entirely different line from the profile.

[Appearance] -- Tree marking
+1 -- Yep!

[Age] --Trees age in years, she is smaller and younger than Knox like a sapling is smaller and younger than a tree
+1 -- I definitely thought of a younger or less experienced character here!

[Relations] --Onsite relatives marked with trees, most notably Tilney who is in the edge with a broken glass wall
+0 -- I thought of the Edge as well. However, I feel like this misleads from the fact that Aelfwine is an Outcast and so I give it a 0.

[History] --"... she refused to go crawling back to her home. She began to make it a point in her life that she would be able to learn how to thrive without others"
-1 -- This felt like an Outcast rank clue to me rather than a history reference.

[Personality] --"Aelf asks many questions which could be annoying to some, but it wouldn’t bother her even if it did. After all, curiosity can be a wonderful thing."
+1 -- I'll take it!

3/3 - Pass

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

+1 | appearance ref

+1 | appearance ref, yup

--Tree marking

0 | This is a little too vague for me as well - maybe too abstract? I didn't get that this is a tree marking.

0 | I think there is too much going on here - I sort of understood that you are saying Knox is older, but smaller as well?

0 | I did not get that this was supposed to be relatives = trees D: I got the glass part with the edge, but it made me think that she too was in the edge but then the "other trees" part confused me

0 | this screams outcast to me, not really history

+1 | Personality reference!

2/3 - overall a good stealth, but a little too abstract with lines that rely too much on each other