the Rift

Chilled to the bone (Closed)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

"...a promising spirit..."

Of course I heard all of his words, as it would be impolite for me to ignore what he had to say. And I enjoyed his company, much as I had when we had first met in the Threshold. There was a certain warmth that I felt when near him, a subtle feeling that spread out from my breast into my limbs, pleasant, but not overbearing. So I did not tune out all but those three words, but they were the ones that stood out to me. It shouldn't be hard to imagine why: my spirit is far from promising. Dark, perhaps; sinister, maybe. Not promising. I had never been promising. It was for this reason that I resisted the urge to laugh, though I could not help the small smile that graced my features.

My eyes raised to meet his, chocolate brown to brilliant gold. How dull I was in comparison to such a majestic steed. For not the first time, I found myself intensely jealous of those with wings, even those with horns, though I'd heard rumors that their kind was not particularly friendly to outsiders. I pushed the envy aside; there was no use in it. I could no more change my body than I could change my mind, as unfortunate as my fate may be. My gaze held his as he mentioned beginning work, and my smile softened, a true one now rather than a wry grimace. I wished that I had not let that brief emotion slip onto my features, but it was done now. Time to move on.

I hoped that once I started working, I was not too busy to find time to spend with my friend - I considered him a friend, perhaps the only one I had as of yet in this strange land. But a thought: what would I do when I blacked out? If they looked for me, and I had disappeared, what would happen then? So many conflicting emotions, so many conflicting thoughts. How in the world was I to muddle through this on my own? "I suppose you are right," I agreed. "Though I must ask: will I still have time to myself?" I offered to reason, no explanation, and I rather hoped that one would not be needed. It was too complicated to explain to myself, much less someone else.

[W/C | 397]

Messages In This Thread
Chilled to the bone (Closed) - by Midas - 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM