the Rift

Through the Looking Glass

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I noticed the silver steed and the deadly feline that paced at his side long before his eyes settled upon my contrasted coat. If it hadn't been for the stench of death that rolled off of the striped cat in waves, I probably would have been just as oblivious as he seemed to be for their steps were as silent as those of only the best trained warriors. Mildly impressed, my emeralds watched as they drew closer to me before the wind changed and brought my sent crashing to their delicate nostrils rather than infiltrating my own with theirs.

Finally his eyes met mine, a soft nicker reaching my eardrums as the stallion made his presence known. Valiant effort warrior, but you were downwind. I mused internally as a gracefully polite smile tugged at the corners of my molted lips and spiraled tiara dipped low in recognition of the pair standing before me. "Hello miss." His deep voice broke the dead silence of winter as his own crowned skull dipped in a greeting, only then did my emeralds break away from his battle scarred frame long enough to glance in the direction of his deadly companion. "What brings you out here all alone?" Here was the part where a normal damsel would spin some kind of romantic story as to why she was all alone and needed a big, strong man such as himself to keep her safe and warm at night. Especially during winter's cruel grasp.

Unfortunately for this poor knight in shining armor, he hadn't stumbled across a damsel in distress on this chilly night. Rather a vagabond mare who belonged in every sense of the word to another and my loyalty rested happily with our band of merry men. Travel tangled dreads smacked across my spotted hips as my emeralds pulled away from our winter wonderland to settle easily upon his moony features once again, an easy smirk tugging at a single corner of my molted lips before finally allowing my vocal chords to spring into action.

"The concern is appreciated warrior." I purred, my voice rich as the darkest chocolate as if it was used to conversation and not just hanging out in my cave playing with my precious gemstones. "But, it doesn't seem like I am alone any longer." A coy smile teased my features as my weight shifted back onto strong hind limbs, relaxing ever so slightly while feebly attempting this thing called socializing. Perhaps my knight in shining armor knew where Oultik was and could lead me to him so I could save him from this magicless wasteland.

"Speech"

daetiin

@Ciceron
hope this is okay

Messages In This Thread
Through the Looking Glass - by Daetiin - 04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
RE: Through the Looking Glass - by Ciceron - 04-04-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass - by Daetiin - 04-04-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass - by Ciceron - 04-04-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass - by Daetiin - 04-10-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass - by Ciceron - 04-11-2016, 08:07 PM