the Rift

Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open]

Bellatrix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The longer she watched the stallion, the more intrigued she was by him. His emotion seemed to morph with every passing moment, though the feel of strength and solidarity that he gave off was unwavering. Surely, he must be some sort of King or God, someone whose power lended itself to the needy like herself. She had never met anyone like him, certainly not in her home-land, where she had been mostly isolated from others. Wonder fell upon her face as the gold boy murmured quietly to her, his sullen words a stark contrast to the vivacity he held only minutes before.

"Then I do will it. If for nothing but to see you smile." Her lilting chords rang out confidently, though her features had softened into a look of coyness. Where the newfound integrity had come from, and why, was still a mystery, though she accepted the strange feeling of vigor easily. Gone was the mare who'd let herself be downtrodden by mutated strangers.

The silver maiden's happy expression broadened along with the stallion's as he continued. She did not miss the way those chartreuse eyes gleamed mysteriously. Ricochet. She let his title settle in her mind, liking the sound of it. His words revealed that he was no King nor God, but also hinted that his dreams were not small. A different life, he said. What could he mean by that, this prince of nothing? Her own icy pools glinting with interest. "Do tell me of your empire, Ricochet." Her voice seemed to take on a coquettish air as it aimed for Ricochet's ears. His sandy body sidled closer to her own, and without hesitating, she moved in to press her own dappled, bony side against his. A shiver racked her pelt as the warmth of his body met hers, maybe not entirely from the cold. Was it Frostfall or malnourishment that let her normal caution slip? No, she felt safe with Ricochet already, for his wild openness left little to her imagination. The first invitation she'd gotten in this land was given, and it felt that it had been waiting for far too long. "There's no need to waste your breath trying to convince me. I would be honored to join your herd, Ricochet. As long as I will be able to have your company, I suppose 'scraping out an existence' won't be so bad."

Bellatrix

Messages In This Thread
Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Bellatrix - 10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Ricochet - 10-18-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Bellatrix - 10-19-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Ricochet - 10-25-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Ricochet - 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Bellatrix - 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Snow Brooding [Ricochet, open] - by Blu - 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM