the Rift

[PRIVATE] Won't Get Away so Easy

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"I'd rather die my way than live yours."

Iona was proud of herself for keeping her attention focused on the meeting when she knew something was going on with Alysanne.  She had no idea what it was, but the tension was rolling off her sister in waves.  Even though she had her own business to attend to, or rather to simply state had already been attended to since sneak meetings were better had in secret, she found that she was watching her sister’s reactions with a well-practiced eye. 

Obviously she had been negligent in her sisterly duties, because standing next to her wasn’t her happy, complacent sister.  And Iona couldn’t tell if this was a positive change in her sister, or if her twin was being pulled back into the shadows that they had been chasing the pair since they had fled the cursed lands of Nocturne.  Regardless, she was determined to get to the bottom of what was clearly unsettling her sister.

She watched as Naerys’ departed for the warmth of the trees, smiling at the girl that had so quickly earned a place in the painted mare’s heart.  There was nothing she wouldn’t do for the girl and Naerys’ seemed to be equal parts Aly and equal parts Iona in personality.  What a dangerous combination. She thought to herself.  The darker of the sisters waited to see if Aly would volunteer anything, but only the shadow of a joke escaped the gentler of the two sisters. “Not unless you want me to follow you.  You should know by now I’d follow you to the ends of the earth, Aly.  I followed you here – to the literal Edge of the earth – how much further would you have me go?” It was said in jest, but she was deathly serious too.  The humor faded from her gaze as she searched Aly’s eyes for answers.

“What’s going on Aly?  You don’t seem like yourself…and you can start by telling me what’s wrong with your wing.” She offered, nodding to the appendage that her sister held ever so much more carefully than the other. 

-- I O N A --

tags: @Alysanne
quote: lauren oliver
image credit

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
Won't Get Away so Easy - by Alysanne - 04-06-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Won't Get Away so Easy - by Iona - 05-04-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Won't Get Away so Easy - by Alysanne - 05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Won't Get Away so Easy - by Iona - 05-27-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: Won't Get Away so Easy - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 09:09 PM