the Rift

[OPEN] Spring Maladies

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

"My mama is gone."

Such simple words, yet they felt like a physical kick to the gut, a horrible lurch of recognition because Erthë knew, she could relate so much that it hurt. The longing, the sadness, the confusion and hurt, the way you asked yourself why over and over again until the word lost meaning. There was a difference in that her own mother was dead and not missing, there was an element of uncertainty present that the pale dove had never experienced... but the rest was a mirror image of her own situation, and as she raised her head to look at the girl the sympathy she felt was strong enough to be nauseating.

But what did you say? What could you do, when no words in the world would be able to convey her feelings without becoming cheap, cliché and so often used that they wound up empty?

Erthë didn't know, so she did the only thing she could think of. She waded over towards the painted filly, pursued her up on dry land on aching limbs and reached out to hug her. Opalescent porcelain skin and silken feathers on milky swan wings made to embrace the stout little fighter - icy cold to the touch and could offer no physical warmth, but the force with which Erthë tried to close Hera to her chest made up for it with its burning intensity.

"My mother is gone too" she murmured quietly, not to brag but to explain, to let the girl know she was not alone. "She died... It was almost a year ago but I miss her ever day."  

She cleared her throat, swallowing the lump before it had a chance to grow. It was rare of her to talk about Shadow - the mare had become a taboo topic between herself and her father, both reluctant to cause the other pain by bringing her up. And still it felt good because it made her feel as though the mare was not forgotten, that she had indeed been here on this earth, lived and breathed and left a mark upon history that would not be erased.

"I'm Erthë" she continued, withdrawing slightly should the child allow her. "What's your name?"

ERTHË
I think of love but let it pass
It       feels       like         fire    
but it won't last
image credits

@Hera

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM