the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

image by deadair @ flickr.com</style>

round all the pieces up, but they just don't fit the same.</style>

If this were Knox's game alone, he would have a wicked smile plastered across his face. But it isn't and he knows now that there are other lives at stake. As much as he often hopes to put his son out of his mind, the prospect of this stallion helping to make the herd where he, in some odd way, started a family a better place is appealing. He has to be good. He has to be dutiful. If nothing else, he will do this on the order of his brother the Dauntless.

Years after Mandrake's death, Knox still holds to the hierarchy of their brotherhood.

{Zekiah:} He's a twitchy one, the ancestor thinks in Knox's mind with an odd sort of sneer that the hunter can feel. Smart to be with you leading him home, Knox.

The hunter only smiles more, the expression on his features still a subdued modification of his true feelings. It is true that this pegasus seems on edge, but doesn't that make sense? And it is true that Knox has watched him, for as long as possible anyway, before "bringing him on board" so to speak. So this stallion is perceptive, good. All the more reason for Knox to want him on his own team. But no, he should let the other decide...

The offer to still decline and turn away is not one Knox even considers. This does not appear to him to be a risk. He analyzes quickly and well, and if anyone is in danger here it is not the hunter and his identity.

"I would make a mockery of myself to change my intent now, Lotherarius. Your reception of this meeting has only strengthened my belief that have much to contribute. Since you accept, welcome to the ranks of Hidden Falls," he says with a low nod of his head, a scraping of his hoof along the dark ground. Moonlight falls on his back and illuminates him; his bloody shoulder looks almost like a wound.

"From here, there are five paths you can follow. There is masonry, warfare, intelligence, holiness, and healing. I am one of a network of spies and fighters serving under Knox, the one who blinded you and the leader of our intelligence ranks. But the other paths are just as worthy, and I am sure whatever you wish to take will suit you well," he supplies, thankful that this information can be disseminated on his own turf and not in the odd light of the threshold. "I can relay your choice to one of our Czars or rank leaders for you; I trust you will meet them soon as you explore," Knox adds on. He does not step forward to make contact, for that is neither Knox or the warrior's way. He doubts too, somehow, that it is something Lotherarius would take comfort in.

Let the stallion twitch, at least now he is doing it in the name of the Hidden Falls.

knox</style>
& manhattan</style>

Messages In This Thread
[Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: [Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 08:00 AM
RE: [Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 08:50 AM
RE: [Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: [Lotherarius Capture] Red Vines - by Knox - 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM