the Rift

[PRIVATE] Reckoning, reconciliation, or revenge?

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
“Hold me in my darkest hours…” the Elephant’s ears swung forward, listening to the enigmatic and faint answer Mauja gave to his fervent question. His black-masked eyes frowned slightly, lips pressing together for a few moments despite the relief that crashed repeatedly against his ribs, driven by the pounding beat of his heart. His navy eyes sweep the expanse of the pearly white, speckled body that lay against the earth; only now it was moving, filled with the small pulses of life. And then his gaze—shadowed but now slowly moving into the happy light of relief as Mauja continued to breath and beat and live before him—it returned to the clear, crystalline blue eyes that were delving deeper into shadow rather than returning with himself into light.

“If that wasn’t a dark hour, Mauja,” his deep voice finally rumbled, growing hoarse with emotion despite the levity of his words, “then I don’t know what is.” And, with the barest hints of a grin crossing his muzzle, he buried his nostrils and bottom part of his face in this man’s neck. This man, who had such a hold on the great beating organ in his massive chest, was alive. The dread, exhaustion, and heartache of the past few days crashed in one huge wave of adrenaline-charged endorphins.

And so a soft chuckle began to roll slowly, richly, from his chest. “Gods, I am glad you’re immortal,” and his chuckles grew stronger as he realized he hadn’t wanted Mauja to choose immortality, “I love you, my friend,” and just like that, simply and lacksidasically those powerful words were thrown by dizzy exhaustion between them. The giant slowly sank to his knees along the spotted back, moving his body to curve around the less mobile, healing form of the Frozen Light, though his muzzle still stayed nestled amid the plentiful, silken white locks.

And, with but a few more deep breaths, adrenaline failed and sleep took him as he held the man he had just killed, acquiescing (yet again) to another of his request.
tembovu
image | table

@Mauja have a punch-drunk Tembo? Idk. We could wrap this up here?

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reckoning, reconciliation, or revenge? - by Tembovu - 07-21-2016, 08:27 PM