the Rift

[PRIVATE] do whatever, nobody cares

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

For a moment Hubris doesn't know what to feel. Should he feel jealousy at the sight of the black moving to roost on his bonded's back? Or should he feel fear - fear that Isopia will decide to crush him beneath her body or her magic. The girl doesn't like to be touched, he knows that (Volterra was the exception that proved the rule, but now he serves only to reinforce it), and yet ... animals don't seem to count. His bonded has always been much more patient, understanding, and willing towards those who do not possess the brains of the equine-ish species.

She allows him to land, shuffling her massive wings slightly to give him purchase upon her scaled back.

Delighted, Hubris trills happily and leaps into the air to sit next to the black. The bronze dragon cares very little about status or rank (though perhaps that's only because it's something he and his bonded have never had to - and will never have to - struggle against), and so he greets Lilómiel with an open and genuine trill of delight.

Isopia was numb to this exchange, her golden eyes focused steadily upon Nymeria. The girl was like a black canvas - albeit a dark one - and Isopia found her surprisingly hard to read. Even when she made obvious movements, such as flicking her ears backwards, the demigoddess couldn't quite place what information that was meant to confer. Where her vast mind usually filled in deduction assumptions about those she met, the space for Nymeria was blank inside of her mind. It unsettled her slightly.

Isopia's quad horned skull dipped slightly in acknowledgement.

"My clearing is here." She said, her tone slightly dull with the obviousness of her words. "Most know that I live somewhere around this area. Few are quite so diligent as to actually locate it." Isopia's tone remained neutral despite the challenging structure of her words. Nymeria had done nothing wrong, there was no keep out sign (should she make one?), and though she had made this clearing her own, she supposed that nothing in the Hidden Falls could properly be said to be off limits.

Are you a dragon or a horse? Isopia, never one to mind a sudden change in topic, considered this question carefully. She wasn't quite sure what Nymeria was asking her. Was she asking if she was only the illusion of a dragon? Was the question meant to hint towards her draconic abilities? I can fly, and have all the strength of a dragon, she might have answered, though she couldn't breathe fire or do anything like that. But ... was that what she was being asked?

"When I was born, I was as you've seen me before. I've only recently begun to transform into this, though I'm not confident whether the ability is a new one, or if it was innate but latent inside of me." She considered the question some more. "My Father, well-" She gave a non-committal shrug, and then for a moment paused. Isopia couldn't remember if Nymeria knew or not. Her mind began to whirl in the milliseconds that were passing. Wouldn't Volterra have told her? Or did he think so little of her that he hadn't even mentioned their relationship, friendship or otherwise (if Isopia was being more charitable she might have concluded that Volterra was being respectful of her privacy, had he kept the information from his sister. But charity was too far from her mind, at least as it was directed towards Volterra).

Quickly she continued.

"My mother was decidedly equine though. She had a dragon, but I'm sure that she was not one herself."

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Nymeria

Yeah - tagging me is probably for the best :P Do you want to be?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
do whatever, nobody cares - by Nymeria - 04-11-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Isopia - 04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Nymeria - 04-20-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Isopia - 04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Nymeria - 04-22-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Isopia - 04-22-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Nymeria - 04-28-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Isopia - 05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Nymeria - 05-12-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: do whatever, nobody cares - by Isopia - 05-12-2016, 07:47 PM