the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking walls

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare

The leathery creature that's sleepy, cute eyes begun to grow on her. She thought it was adorable, all ears and big eyes. Tembovu called her Mwebene, a soft and lovely sounding name, the silver approved, a soft smile slipping on her onyx lips. Perhaps one day she would be able to have a companion, or bond as Elsa had explained it. Katerina had always wanted something that she could call hers, something that was loyal and that she could love and that loved her. There was a tinge of jealously that hit her, but she quickly scorned herself, Tembovu deserved the creature, Katerina, did not.

He answered her, and she is glad to hear that he is fine, even better. It was with unfortunate circumstance that words blurted out from both parties, both so opposite, so different. Here she was, confessing herself, or at least some of herself to him, and his level is so beyond hers. Katerina could not hide the hurt, the shock, the surprise that those words brought to her. She wanted to be happy for him, needed to be happy for him, after all it was his child that they were talking about. She was happy too, but the subject of children was too sore, so sore for the silver, and her heart broke every time. For as much as she had always wanted, for all the tears she had shed, all the desperate cries to the gods to heal her, Katerina could not have a child of her own. It couldn't just be that either, for Katerina was too late, and the King had slipped from her star traveled hooves, gone. Were her eyes watering? Indeed, the silver windows were brimmed with water, a single tear slipped from the ledge and spilt down her face along with the sorrows of a cursed body and a late arrival.

She shook her head, smiling the best of smiles she could, "Tears of joy! I am so happy for you! Congratulations, I have always- Yay!" She said with the most convincing tones she could manage, her words beginning to mention her desire for a child of her own but she quickly shut herself down and stayed along with the jubilance that she should show. He was a father, shouldn't she be happy?

Their conversation took a more serious note as he asked the questions he deserved to know the answer to. She was the one who left, the one who stayed hidden. She did not try to hide away her eyes this time, she wouldn't stumble on her words. Although she didn't really know the answer herself, she would give him her best guess. "Tembovu, tell me it's not too late. I'm here, I'm here now." She whispered, her soft but heavy words carried by the winds. His second question hit her hard and she thought of her brother, the only person who knew her for who she really was, the only person who cared about her, the only one that believed in her. Royalty was just a title printed on rich purple robes, it gained her nothing. Her eyes shift away from azure, focusing on the moon anything bright enough to steal away the sorrows and tears that bubbled over. Katerina had already shed one too many tonight. Glancing back, the mare sagged beneath the invisible burdens she was carrying, head dropping slightly as she answered. "I don't know--I was scared. Scared of myself. Scared of seeing another one whom I deeply care for expire at the fault of me."

"I'm sorry, Tembovu. I shouldn't have gone." She said lastly, her heart raw and vulnerable in the black, dark night. Never had she exposed herself like this, left her heart out in the open, exposed to the elements and their harshes. She was scared for what that meant.

OCC: 

"Talk."

image credits

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-20-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-25-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-02-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 05-11-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-22-2016, 07:34 PM