the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking walls

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare

Her ears twitched at the sound of his name on her lips, the sorrow and sympathy that they held behind those rich, masculine chords. She hated that, hated to be sad, to desire the sympathetic comfort of another, of Tembovu. She didn't want to be weak, or however she felt right now, but she did and she felt it hard. There was no hiding from the emotion that had welled up inside her, begging to be freed of it's iced cages. She was hopelessly lost and it seemed only the man draped in creams and chiseled of hard stone could lead it her out. 

No Kat. It's not to late. A breath escaped her, but what was she doing? He was a father, she couldn't have him. Her dreams, her hopes, they couldn't be selfishly cast onto him. He wasn't responsible for making those dreams that wouldn't, couldn't happen. Did she even really know the man of great height, of great power, and great words? Why--why was she so drawn to him as so many others are. 

Her mind settled as his warmth enveloped her, his slick skin brushed up against her silver. He was so warm, so comforting, so strong, she allowed a moment to pass as she rubbed her head on his barrel. Those answers would ruin this--whatever this was. She didn't want to pull away from his embrace, his head upon her back, the aroma of the edge on his skin, him. But slowly, the silver slipped away from Tembovu and allowed her mind to let go of him too, a silent goodbye.

Katerina didn't fear heartbreak, because she feared love so much more. Heartbreak wouldn't have the chance to strike her, not again. It was true, she thought love was so beautiful, so pure, but the silver had never loved another not of blood, never loved in a way that is more then siblings caring for each other. She had read stories, heard them, but even in all of her age, all of her time, she had never loved

Shaking her head, she smiled softly, "My pities are my own, my story shall not travel with me from home to Helovia." Katerina whispered softly, "Fear isn't easily unraveled."

She wondered if she should admit to him now, the news that she had found out. She owed him that at least, with all of his comforts, with all of his care that she had reflected and hidden from. Her mouth opened to speak, opened to tell him that she would be returning to Isisi leaving him and all they could ever be,  but it was much harder then she originally had thought. With a final sigh, she forced the words out of her mouth. "Goodbye Tembovu, I wish you and your child the best."

Her muzzle reached out for his, wanting to share the air with him one last time, wanting to remember the perfectly placed cheekbones and inky lines, him and all he was. For once, Katerina felt a real ache, she would miss the King of the World's Edge. Here she was, teetering on the literal edge of the world, choosing to fall into it's clutches, her body slipping further and further into the darkness until she was only a afterthought, a could have been. 

OCC: bye bye temb and the WE :( Kat is gonna go home 

"Talk."

image credits

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-20-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-25-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-02-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 05-11-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-22-2016, 07:34 PM