the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Lost Things

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Spots danced behind his eyes as he flew.

He hadn't quite been able to banish Myrrine from his thoughts. If it had been another mare, perhaps - one not so naive and innocent, perhaps - then he might have been able to smile and move along. But it wasn't, was it? It was the young spotted girl who had cried into his chest, spilling her fears and her secrets to him, admitting that it was to be her first time. Perhaps a stronger stallion would have denied her, told her to save herself for whatever man would truly claim her heart. Of course, Quilyan had never claimed to be a strong stallion, particularly not of late. Not when he had borne so much confusion and pain. Myrrine had offered him an outlet for his misery, and he had allowed himself to sink happily into the stupor she had provided him. Even if it was only for an afternoon.

As much as he was not a strong steed, nor was he a heartless one. The girl had not given him a satisfactory answer when he had asked her how she fared, and they had parted ways. Try as he might to banish the thought of her from his mind, his thought had returned to Myrrine time and again. How was she doing? Had he harmed her? Taken advantage? Was she happier now? Or had he ruined her entirely? Finally, tired of his obsession, Zarina had suggested that he simply go find Myrrine and ask her. With his marmoset buried in his mane, the stallion had taken off for the World's Edge, distracted and hopeful and fearful all at once.

He touched down outside the border, peering cautiously through the trees. "Myrrine --" he called earnestly, hoping that it would be enough to summon her.

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart

OOC | Blegh I am so sorry this is such crap @Myrrine
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had sensed him before even hearing his called. As soon as his scent had come upon the wind a sinking feeling came into her swollen stomach. She was very obvious now, even down to the telltale waddle. Heart beating wildly in her spotted chest, she looked towards the outskirts of her home with uncertainty. He would know by now, would be able to see the swell of her sides and realize that his seed had fertilized into a child; their child. The thought left her feeling ill, not because of himself, but because of what was to come. With a child in the mix things became complicated, like a loose thread on a piece of cloth that could never be pulled off. All it resulted in was the unraveling of someone's hard work. Such a cynical way of looking at a baby, but in Myrrine's mind, she felt as if this had been something she wasn't ready for.

Taking a deep breath, she mad the tedious trek towards the glass debris that riddled the Edge's borders. She was out of breath by the time she reached the hill's summit (she was carrying two beings now), and after gulping down enough air, she finally looked to see the painted Pegasus standing in all his glory. She had forgotten how handsome he was, the champagne patches upon his strong frame, violet eyes searching for her as she hid away in the fog. She realized then that their child would be beautiful. Trying to hide away the fear and anxiety, the spotted lady took a deep breath and finally emerged from the fog, looking at Quiylan with a warm smile on her expression. She couldn't hide anymore, couldn't pretend that the baby was just suddenly going to disappear and no one would ever know. She knew this was reality, and that she must face it.

The smile she was holding towards the man wasn't a mask, it was nowhere near fake or filled with lies, because when she saw this man; she cared for him. She had grown a fondness for who he was as a person, and he had helped her in her time of need. Well, mostly. Growing closer with her somewhat graceful waddle, she looked at him shyly, sheepishly, yet with a smile still evident. Not knowing how he would respond to her obvious physical change, she kept her distance, yet offered her muzzle in greeting should he want to accept. This was only the uphill of the roller coaster they had been put on, and it was only leading to the major downhill that would inevitably change their lives forever.

" Hello Quilyan, it's been awhile."

OOC:

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Quilyan
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
He waited anxiously on the borders of the World's Edge, considering what would happen if he simply left, leaving behind the memory of Myrrine and all that accompanied it. It was unlike him to be so nervous, but there were parts of their conversation - the mare had mentioned a Cerin, and it had been her first time, and she had been so vulnerable... Zarina's voice whispered in his mind: -- You took advantage. -- It was a hostile hiss, an angry growl. The prince winced. She was right. Softening, the marmoset chittered softly to her bonded, weaving a small braid into the base of his mane. The feeling of her tiny paws running through his locks had a calming effect on the steed.

And then she appeared.

Whatever the prince had been expecting, it was not to see a very round Myrrine waddling tiredly towards him. A panic grew in his gut, sending a wave of nausea through him. He put on a quick smile, reaching to return her offered greeting with a bump of his muzzle, but behind the mask, he was worried. What had he done? Worse, what if it wasn't his and he was simply overreacting? Should he ask? Would that be too presumptuous, to assume that he was the only stallion that she had been with? She was a lovely girl; just because he had been her first didn't mean that he had been her only --

-- Stop. Talk. -- The voice of Zarina broke through the spiraling panic that gripped him. The prince swallowed. "M'lady, it is wonderful to see you. I... should have come sooner," he admitted softly. "I apologize for my tardiness. I... did not expect... I had hoped to find you well... I... how are you?" His voice was a nervous stutter, concern creasing the lines of his handsome face. He did not ask out of obligation; after all, he had sought her out to ask after her wellbeing. He cared for her, regardless of how little right he had to do so. His violet gaze was on her face, asking for the truth.

"more words."
Quilyan

@Myrrine
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She hadn't missed the look of panic that crossed his complexion. It had been only for a second, before that strained smile crossed his features to hide what he was truly feeling. He could not fool her, the Queen of Masks, she knew the signs all too well. Feeling his velvet upon hers was a strange sensation, one that she didn't know if she liked very much. They were literally touching nose to nose, and yet he felt so faraway. This wouldn't have happened if it were meant to be then, right? All of this was so new to her, this game of... love? No. Not love, something much more shallow. They had obviously never been an item, they had been something for one night and one night only, and it had to led to the life swirling inside her right in this moment.

She didn't know if she should be bitter and resentful towards him, or ashamed of herself for divulging in such temptations. If only the Gods could cleanse her impurities. Hazel eyes met violet, a warm smile still on her expression, though for how long she didn't know. His words were scattered, full of hesitancy and empty words, things she saw through immediately as she looked into him, his soul; calmly. Obviously he didn't know how to react to a pregnant mare that might possibly be carrying his child.  Could that mean this was his first? The thought sent her heart racing, the revelation something she hadn't been expecting. He seemed experienced, knowing in the ways of a woman and how to please them. Surely he had to have sired more children than just this one. In fact, somewhere deep within she felt that he had another child, but her reasoning as to why had no foundation.

Because of this she let the thought leave her mind, setting it aside for another day should she decide to delve into it deeper. There were more important issues at hand, ones that she would be facing here today with the painted prince who for one night had managed to capture her heart. Taking a deep breath, she kept that smile one despite a sadness filling her within, and after what felt like hours of silence she managed to find her voice again," I'm fine. Thank you for your concern. There's no need for you to apologize, I'm sure you were very busy." The final words left a bitter taste in her mouth, because for all she new he could have been busy; with another woman. She mentally chided herself for such a rude thought, to assume such a thing from him just because she was upset about the situation at hand. It wasn't fair to him, or for her for that matter, to have that way of thinking. This was a decision both of them had made, and it had resulted in something that they both had to face together.

Upon this realization, Myrrine felt more confidence, and thus took a deep breath and looked into those eyes she had once been so entranced by, speaking what was fully on her mind," Look, I... I'm sorry I asked for anything that night. Neither of us were in the proper emotional state to be making any of the decisions we did. Now it's led to this and well-" She paused, not knowing how to word it properly, how to ask anything of him; but for the sake of their unborn child it had to be done. She was scared, if not utterly terrified of taking care of this babe... especially alone. Sure she would have the herd, but they didn't have an obligation like she did... like he did. Yet she couldn't force him to do anything that he did not want to do, so to assume he would just be there for the child would be naive of her. And she was done being naive.

" I understand if you do not want to be involved with the baby. I will not hold anything against you should you decide to walk away. You're fortunate enough to have a choice as awful as that sounds," she laughed bitterly at her own words, doing her best to keep the tears at bay as she continued with her mini speech," But, if something should happen to me; if I am unable to care for them... all I ask is that you take over. I will... I will not have my child be left by their parents like I was." She was fighting so hard now, to not let him see just how much she was hurting on the inside because of all of this. How much she had hurt because of one silly little decision she thought at the time was a brilliant idea. It all came crashing down around her, and with it came the bitter tears. Intense heat trickled down her cheeks, and she looked away swiftly, refusing to let him see that she was in pain, that this was something that was killing her on the inside.

She would love the baby, she would always love the little child that would be arriving soon, but Gods did it hurt to think about what her new life would be now. She felt trapped and alone, afraid that nothing would go right and that she would be an awful mother. That he would leave and never come back, and that she would face this burden alone. Is this how Mother had felt when she had taken the responsibility of caring for her when her parents had left her to wither away? If so, she didn't know how she could have done it, and deep down she felt awful for placing such a task upon her. The tears continued to fall and they wouldn't stop, couldn't, and it took all of her strength not to fall and sob then and there. Instead she took a deep breath, cleaning her face upon a swollen spotted leg, and looking up into those eyes determinedly," I will leave the choice up to you Quiylan. All I ask is that should you feel you are not up for the task, then to walk away now."

OOC: Myrrine isn't feeling quite like herself today xD

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Quilyan
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

She is too formal with him, and it pains him for a reason that he cannot describe.  A slight frown crosses his face, a slim crease appearing between his eyes; he might have said something, anything, but he cannot think of a way to bridge the gaping hole that is tearing open between them.  Don't push me away, he might have begged her.  Not now.  Especially not now.  But he doesn't; he merely watches her with the merest twist of a frown, the slightest twinge of sadness.  She tells him - accuses him - that he must have been busy, that she is no concern of his.  She is wrong, and he might have told her so, but something is holding him back.

"Myrrine -" he starts, but she is speaking again, absolving him of any fault, any lingering guilt, and he begins to shake his head, silently protesting her dismissive mask.  Neither of us were in the proper emotional state... led to this... I understand if you do not want to be involved...  What kind of heartless monster does she take him for, to think that he will not want to be around her after having found out about her condition?  What kind of stallion does she think he is, to simply offer her an escape from reality without being willing to accept the potential consequences of his actions?

It makes him uncomfortable to remember that he has abandoned a mate before, albeit unwittingly.  Myrrine is not his mate, but that does not mean that he feels any less tied to her or to their coming child.  "Myrrine," he starts again, more firmly this time, a stern look of reproach on his features.  "You wound me, m'lady, to assume that I do not care for you or will not care for our child."  The frown deepens, the implications of his words - that she could have thought so lowly of him, that he might have even given her reason to - weighing heavily on his mind.

"I did not intend for a child to be a consequence of our time together, but I refuse to treat it as a mistake.  Whatever you may think of me, I do hope that you realize that I have nothing but the best intentions towards you and the child.  I merely worried for you - for your wellbeing, for your happiness - surely you can understand my surprise?"  He pauses, regarding her intently.  A sudden urge to touch her overwhelms him, calling him to approach, to see if he can yet feel the child kick, but he resists, unwilling to chase her away from whatever fragile bond they are on the edge of building.

"M'lady, I..."  He stops again, hesitant to give voice to the swirling emotions that threaten to break free.  "I will not claim to be the mate that you deserve, but you have nonetheless enticed me to care for you.  That night... it - you were not a burden, it was not an accident, it...  I do not want you to think that I had gone all this time and forgotten you.  I did not come here for any reason other than to ensure your wellbeing, and having discovered your pregnancy - our child... it is not my wish for you to go through this on your own, nor anything else."

"more words."
Quilyan

@Myrrine