the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Lost Things

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
She is too formal with him, and it pains him for a reason that he cannot describe.  A slight frown crosses his face, a slim crease appearing between his eyes; he might have said something, anything, but he cannot think of a way to bridge the gaping hole that is tearing open between them.  Don't push me away, he might have begged her.  Not now.  Especially not now.  But he doesn't; he merely watches her with the merest twist of a frown, the slightest twinge of sadness.  She tells him - accuses him - that he must have been busy, that she is no concern of his.  She is wrong, and he might have told her so, but something is holding him back.

"Myrrine -" he starts, but she is speaking again, absolving him of any fault, any lingering guilt, and he begins to shake his head, silently protesting her dismissive mask.  Neither of us were in the proper emotional state... led to this... I understand if you do not want to be involved...  What kind of heartless monster does she take him for, to think that he will not want to be around her after having found out about her condition?  What kind of stallion does she think he is, to simply offer her an escape from reality without being willing to accept the potential consequences of his actions?

It makes him uncomfortable to remember that he has abandoned a mate before, albeit unwittingly.  Myrrine is not his mate, but that does not mean that he feels any less tied to her or to their coming child.  "Myrrine," he starts again, more firmly this time, a stern look of reproach on his features.  "You wound me, m'lady, to assume that I do not care for you or will not care for our child."  The frown deepens, the implications of his words - that she could have thought so lowly of him, that he might have even given her reason to - weighing heavily on his mind.

"I did not intend for a child to be a consequence of our time together, but I refuse to treat it as a mistake.  Whatever you may think of me, I do hope that you realize that I have nothing but the best intentions towards you and the child.  I merely worried for you - for your wellbeing, for your happiness - surely you can understand my surprise?"  He pauses, regarding her intently.  A sudden urge to touch her overwhelms him, calling him to approach, to see if he can yet feel the child kick, but he resists, unwilling to chase her away from whatever fragile bond they are on the edge of building.

"M'lady, I..."  He stops again, hesitant to give voice to the swirling emotions that threaten to break free.  "I will not claim to be the mate that you deserve, but you have nonetheless enticed me to care for you.  That night... it - you were not a burden, it was not an accident, it...  I do not want you to think that I had gone all this time and forgotten you.  I did not come here for any reason other than to ensure your wellbeing, and having discovered your pregnancy - our child... it is not my wish for you to go through this on your own, nor anything else."

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart

@Myrrine
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Little Lost Things - by Quilyan - 04-12-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: Little Lost Things - by Myrrine - 04-17-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Little Lost Things - by Quilyan - 04-18-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Little Lost Things - by Myrrine - 04-20-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Little Lost Things - by Quilyan - 04-26-2016, 07:56 PM