the Rift

[PRIVATE] Red-Winged Witbird [Lotherarius Wit Contest for Wolf Dagger]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

When Lotherarius approaches and replies with a riddle of his own, an even greater smile sweeps across the hunter's features. He's a good challenger, twisting the words well with the ease of a combatant on the battlefield. Someday, Knox hopes to send such talent into the field.

But for now, he has his own response to craft. His nostrils flare and he considers every word carefully, rolling them around and gnashing them between his teeth. A soft snort comes out with his exhale before he speaks and crafts his own speech. Should this contest of riddles end as Knox hopes, he'll have to congratulate Lotherarius heartily.

"Follow me man
for your virtue is great
but your shadow is blind
and your past fears approach as the sun quickly falls.
Follow me and I will guide you;
if you won't fight for what you believe in,
let me protect you, my elder."

He takes a few steps backwards in his ancestor's red figure, pausing to look over Lotherarius and the shadow he casts. "Good to see you again as well, Lotherarius," he says. He glances down at the dagger on the earth, wondering how badly this stallion really wants it. "It's a good weapon, I trust you would wield it well," he goes on, remembering the skill with which it was crafted. Lotherarius seems loyal, would he ever dare lift it against a member of this herd?

The hunter's eyes narrow ever so slightly, his tail flicks to one side, and the warm breeze passes over him. If Lotherarius did prove a traitor, then he wouldn't live to see the dawn that followed.

KNOX and MANHATTAN

Image by Elope

Tristan was sought. (@Archibald will judge this at the end for fairness, since it was not guessed)
Are you scared that someday you will see things like I do?
--"Due to the condition of his left eye, Tristan is skittish of strangers and odd sounds, and will quest to fix his eye before permanent blindness sets in." (Knox has blinding magic/is blind in one eye, except he fixed it with magic just as Tristan questing would do)

Don't worry, you're perfectly amiable except for that fear.
--Personality: "his friendliness marred only by his shy, timid nature"

Remember that we're in this race together;
--Both Equine, same "race"

our thick blood's half-matched,
--Both half friesian and heavy breeds

and we live in the dark arts of change.
--Both have shapeshifting magic

Knox guesses Kaj
You think yourself wise, Mithrandir,
--Kaj likes to consider himself wise, on profile
--Mithrandir is a name for Gandalf in LOTR, Gandalf is a male

But you know not wisdom,
--Likes to consider himself wise but is always striving to improve himself

Ever you desire to appear lordly and gracious as a royal of old,
--Rank, is a czar/lord

But will you amount to all you expect?
I for one think not,
As your silver lining shrinks deeper into the mist.
--Wears armor that could be silver lining
--Is losing some of his memories
I forgot to say last time but when you guess, guess as in the stealth board backing up your clues. 48 hours again from this post, good luck!

Knox Stealth: 2/3
Knox Points: 0
Lotherarius Points: -.5 (lateness penalty)
Item: Glowing Wolf God Fang Dagger

Point chart:
+1 for correctly guessing a stealth
-.5 for guessing late
-1 for making a stealth that was too difficult to guess

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red-Winged Witbird [Lotherarius Wit Contest for Wolf Dagger] - by Knox - 04-16-2016, 12:58 PM