the Rift

[PRIVATE] Red-Winged Witbird [Lotherarius Wit Contest for Wolf Dagger]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The newest member of the Hidden Falls speaks well. He has manners and grace, and wit to match. He is not short of riddles or compliments, of confidence or contribution. So Knox doesn't hesitate, doesn't consider that he'll much want to keep the dagger at the end of their little play-match. No, surely Lotherarius isn't a traitor. His eyes cease their pinching stare and he looks to the side, into the woods and towards the crashing sound of the falls, and wonders what is next for him in the day. He has a few more words, another riddle to spare, but not much patience and not much intention to linger.

"Is that a spark in your eyes?
I can't even see if you're looking at me under that tangled veil.
Are you a mirror? Funny, I don't see my reflection in you.
Still we share the same loss,
and for that I will comfort you my lady."

Knox considers the stallion's thoughts on the dagger. So he does not realize, then, that this weapon bears particular significance. Best to educate then, isn't it? If he can fight through the pain of that memory, if he can...

{Huric:} Go on.

"This dagger was formed from a very special war. The fang of the blade belonged to a foreign god that felled many brave souls that fought for this land.

{Manhattan:} Like me.

His throat catches and his eyes swell; he shuts them in firm denial. "Should you earn it, you would be expected to fight with the same temerity." His teeth grind, his lips smack. Softly, he exhales.

{Manhattan:} Like me.

KNOX and MANHATTAN

Image by Elope

Apollo was sought.
Congratulations! Every clue was exactly correct, though the 5th line was just fluff!

_____

Knox guesses Resplendence

Glistening like summer sun's gaze,
--Gold eyes

Your summers have amassed greater on the time turner,
--Older than Lotherarius

Just not quite the same history is shared,
--Both have hard pasts that left them scared/scarred

Do I let you stand so alone?
--Has no mate

We are so similar -- I'll hide your eyes if you hide mine--
My sweet darling, did you hear me?
--Sweet personality
--Darling could be gender ref

Knox Stealth: 3/3
Knox Points: -.5 (lateness penalty) = -.5
Lotherarius Points: -.5 (lateness penalty) + -.5 (lateness penalty) + 1 (Correct guess) = 0
Item: Glowing Wolf God Fang Dagger

Point chart:
+1 for correctly guessing a stealth
-.5 for guessing late
-1 for making a stealth that was too difficult to guess

@Lotherarius! Exactly 48 hours from this post. Pardon my lateness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red-Winged Witbird [Lotherarius Wit Contest for Wolf Dagger] - by Knox - 04-21-2016, 01:23 PM