the Rift

[OPEN] white water rescue

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn
That voice is familiar, I think, looking up from the turtle’s predicament to the shore, watching his golden body warp and meld into Erebos.

I forget the turtle, my eyes narrowing, heart suddenly hardened. How dare he impersonate my snow brother! The blood flowing through his veins was not the regal lineage of great Ignatius, the finest unicorn knight to ever live; his blood was not the blood of the Time Keeper, Huyana, or the Reaper, death knitted in his teeth. The sight of him as he takes those magical steps across the water makes my mouth sour, my white teeth clenched, grinding, as he approaches.

It makes me loathe him, to see this falsity wield the power of my friend when I had never seen the real Erebos do it at all. A thief of memories, not just items, my eyes narrow until they are golden slits of molten distaste.

What an utter shit, I think, wondering how fucked up his parents were to make such a callous cretin as Thranduil, the Laurelin.

I pretend to ignore him as he greets me, repressing every urge I have to just shove him off balance and into the stream, figuring his borrowed magic would make that impossible, anyway. He’d just splat down on the top of the rushing water like it was ground, and it would be me who got tossed in, and drowned.

It’s not until he fusses at me about trying to save a turtle that I let my eyes snap to his false face, not pausing to think that maybe he hadn’t even really noticed the turtle at all, contempt lining every inch of my features as I try to calmly explain the situation.

There are still needles lining the syllables. The words are still too sharp, my youth lacking the deft skill of those who brought me into the world.

"How about you use that fancy power to do something more than be a pretentious nag?" the words are followed with a rough gesture of my horn to the turtle, to his foot and the big rocks that it has somehow wedged itself between, "he’s stuck."

And I am beginning to resent him for it – all trying to save him has brought me is Thranduil, in a friend’s clothing.

[ OOC: stop being egotistical says the egotistical unicorn egotistically ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-13-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 04-16-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-21-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-30-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 07-05-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 07-13-2016, 09:17 AM