the Rift

TilneyxArah baby Audition!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Tilney, Arah, Frostie, TheCallyBear and I would like to proudly present our beautiful Maude to you all! You've probably seen her around the place, but now its time for the big reveal. This is Tilney and Arahs first born along-side her twin Jude who will be played by the fabulous Chan.
We got a great response and so many applications for players, so we'll get to auditions in a second; first I'd like to take a second to give you all some information on her.

About Maude;
Gender; Mare
Designer; TheCallyBear.Devantart.com
Height (when full grown); 15.3hh 
Herd; Worlds Edge
Species; Unicorn
Build; Very leggy, lean. Almost akhal teke build with muscular back, shoulders and neck to powerful haunches.
Breed; Arabian x Warlander mutt
On-Site Family; 
Tilney - Father - Played by Neverrmind
Arah - Mother - Played by Frostie
Jude - Twin Brother - (to be) Played by Chan
Tuppence - Aunty - Played by Neverrmind
Aelfwine - Aunty - Played by Skylark
Viktor - Uncle - (to be) Played by Tamme
Art Of Maude; 
Link
A drawing piece by Enfanir@DA is also on its way, as well as a Reference by TheCallyBear.

Personality;
Maudes personality is still very much up to the successful applicant/player we chose. The Idea I have though is that she will be friencely loyal to her friends and family, kind and loving though overly passionate and quite fierce - sometimes beyond the point of seeing reason. Her beliefs would be similar to that of her parents perhaps - Tilney has an immense passion for the healing arts and the sun god. These are paths Maude does NOT have to follow of course. A strong connection to Jude would be ideal; she would be the "big" sister in the 'twin-ship' (lol) as Jude is very timid; I imagine Maude to be quite fearless.

Auditioness;
- Skylark
- Nunu
- Eris
- Gebo
- Semper
- The Bunnie
Chan - playing jude!

Your Brief;
(this is all hypothetical, not an actual plot. I hope its okay to put your characters in it! Feel free to yell at me if you dont want them encluded)
Maude is 3 months old. Arah is on a sages task and has journeyed to the veins of the gods with Alune in the hopes of seeking out the moon goddess. Tilney has been left in charge of Maude and Jude, though has been urgently called away to tend to a sick, dying elder in the herd. Tilneys strict instructions to the twins are the following;
"Wait in the gardens near the greenhouse for Alysanne or Evangeline and assist them with tending to the plants. If I have not returned by nightfall, find Glasgow and she will watch over you until my return"
Jude wants to follow Tilneys instructions and becomes nervous about leaving the shelter of the greenhouse when he starts to smell rain; Maude on the contrary wants to take this opportunity to explore! No parents to keep an eye on her, she can go wherever she wants! Maude leaves Jude alone in the greenhouse, running past the fallen glass wall. This if the first time she has left the safety of the edge...
What/whom does she encounter?
How does she respond?

Write your best response as Maude. It can be as long as you'd like of course, but keep it interesting and keep it MAUDE
30th of April is when this will close and 5 days judging will begin!

Rules & Guidelines;
-You have a O word limit, and a O word minimum (apart form the site's word minimum of course).
-3rd person please!
-Feel free to develop your own personality for Maude rather then going off the one i listed above, though this could be risky!
-Take inspiration from whatever you like... though id prefer it was not each others auditions posts. Be original!
-Checking with Chan on this but you should be able to powerplay Jude to your hearts content.
-Please write a short note at the end of your audition piece and tell us how writing her felt! did you click with her or did you struggle?
-Frostie and I will take time to judge these, and when we have decided on the winner I will respond as Tilney (Arah coudl even respond too) to the successful applicants post!

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Skylark @Nunu @Eris @Gebo @Bunnie

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Bunnie the Bonnie Lass Posts: 9
OOC Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 25
Bunnie

The broken glass of the wall, and all the boundaries it represents, glitters beneath her as she bounds over it, a breathless giggle slipping from her lungs that she hopes floats all the way back to Jude, whimpering in the greenhouse about “but daddy said.”  Part of her even expects him to come crashing along behind her, spooked by a leaf or a squirrel - because being alone and breaking silly rules was not Jude’s forte, but it was hers (never mind that this was her first escape) - she just knew it!

Some small voice says maybe she should worry about her brother.  That same small voice tells her it was mean to call him a sissy and push him out of her way as she left.  Maude responds to its badgering with a flick of her downy tail, the white hairs flapping behind her as she imagines an extravagant stream of white trailing to the ground below, like that of her mother, the tips of that great tail striking that little voice right on the tip of its imaginary nose.  She doesn’t have time to worry about Jude’s stupid feelings right now – the world is out there, driving her little legs faster.

Over branches, ruts, stones, the copper tinted lass dashes and dances, occasionally shaking the bumps, she hopes will become a fine pair of antlers, at an imaginary foe as she passes.  As always, she imagines she is a not a little girl anymore, but a woman, beautiful and mysterious, dangerous and proud, that her bumps are antlers and that they are impressive, and shiny.  She imagines princes stopping to gawk as she passes, the winter of her skin embellished with summer’s kiss bringing them to their knees, the tassels of her flowing locks entangling her misty smell in their nose.

One sight is so vivid that it stills her flight from the Edge, her sides huffing hard and her white skin sweat darkened where it meets in folds, because she hasn’t stopped moving since she left; a pretty little pool has appeared in her path with a surface glassy, dappled with faded green leaves that had fallen from the draping branches above.  The sunlight is slanted and long, the day threatening to become night within a couple of hours, and the trees and branches cast exaggerated and heavy shadows.

Whoa,” she says through a wide grin of girlish delight, citrine eyes lighting up with the fires of her soul, and without thinking, she bouncily steps and looks over her shoulder for someone who’s not there, “look at that, Jude!

Oh,” mutters the fairy princess softly to the air, her smile faltering ever so slightly as she learns that there is no one to share your joy with when you’ve run off alone.  Her shoulders loose some of their height, but only temporarily – it isn’t long before she’s shoved off the heavy feeling that had settled across her heart for the light embrace of curiosity.  What was the point of leaving in the first place if she spent the entire time longing for home, anyway?

I’ll just have to remember every detail to tell him later! she affirms to herself, about to take her third step to the water’s edge when something rustles in the foliage behind her.  It’s startling, and makes her turn her whole figure to the sound – not that she’d admit as much – her head rising, ears lifting, imagining her little neck is much longer and svelte, arched and graceful.  The wind runs its wild fingers through her flyaway mane, the awkward few strands trying to lay flat tickling against her skin. 

Who’s there?” she bossily demands of the brush, having put on her best Queen of the World face to disguise the pitter patter of her worried heart, and to dissuade her attacker from bothering such a tiny fierce valkyrie.

Nobody,” replies the tree line in a stranger’s lilt, making Maude stomp one of her hooves hard into the soft ground, her fear forgotten in the blatant audacity of such a statement.  Shaking her little head, she imagines that her antlers flash dangerously at this “nobody.”

Obviously not!” snottily quips the filly, brazenly stepping towards the tree line and peering into it nosily, dumb to the notion that someone could hurt her, because everyone she’s met have been nothing less than amiable, “nobody can’t talk, you dummy.

Calling him a dummy seems to work – a collection of shadows reveals itself to be a yearling, coat colored like the deep indigo and violet shadow that swept the sky just before the night dropped its black cloak in full, except he was void of stars and the Moon.  No wonder I couldn’t see him, she thinks.

I’m not a dummy,” says the boy, a frown lacing his face – his features are stark, heavy lined, not like her family’s delicate details, and she thinks that, despite the pretty color of his pelt, he’s not the most handsome of fellows, is he?.  He doesn’t say anything else, just stands there looking like a surly, twilight dunce, looking at her with his plain, flat black eyes.

Sure sound and look like one to me, thinks the copper tinted snowflake, but that little voice quips up in daddy’s voice “be nice, Maude,” just before she tells him as much.  Used to being the one to direct action because Jude was such a Peabody, the filly grabs her frown tight and throws it away, replacing it with a dazzling, cheerful smile, her little tail swinging behind her in childish abandon.  While this guy is surely not her truest knight, she has come to the realization that she isn’t alone, after all!

You see that big pool over there?” she gushes suddenly, her little voice dancing in time with her hooves, prancing in place as she casts her shining, sunlight eyes longingly over the water, her vibrant imagination painting a game for them to play, “it’s a water dryad lair!

The older boy’s head rises up a little, his flat eyes widening as he looks over the pool – she can’t help but giggle at his wonder.  He believed her, she just knew it!

Water dryads?” he asks, slowly, his voice smooth and pleasant (unlike his bulky figure).  She doesn’t stop to think he maybe doesn’t know what a dryad is, and plunges further in the realms of fancy.  Pivoting in place, her little hooves tucking up to her chest as she bounds gracefully towards the water line, she glances over her shoulder with a smile to find the colt following her to the shore, intrigued.

Yeah!  And everyone knows they grant blessings to whoever can catch one,” bouncily remarks the girl, splashing through the shallows of the pool and feigning to search for the flash of scaled skin in the water, “you wanna help me, uh…?

Uh, Baltik,” says the boy, his own hooves plopping into the water alongside her own.  He smells like rivers and green things, the vast difference in their ages so obvious to little Maude now that he’s right there next to her.  She looks up at him with her gold eyes luminous, meeting his gaze with a bright smile.

I’m Maude,” cheerfully quips the filly in reply, taking the offering of his name and nearby presence to mean that he’ll play with her, “well Baltik, we gotta start singing and splashing.  The dryads will think there is a party and they’ll come for sure!

Baltik, honestly believing himself too old for such antics, half heartedly begins to splash at the water with his hoof (because Maude is pretty, he’ll do what she wants; it’s why he’d been spying on her to begin with).  Alongside him, however, the filly bellows out with less than perfect pitch in perfect abandon, her childish song bounding through the normally serene grove, little figure prancing and splashing along the rim of the pond with laughter streaming between her verses.

Oh, once there was a Lady of starlight,
Her coat was shiny and pure white,
And all the gents did come to prance
To bother the lovely Lady for a dance.
But the Lady, to each she said, “nay!
For I have better games to play!”
And every gent, the Lady turned away.

[ OOC: To be honest I could have kept going but I feel like she's pretty well portrayed thus far as I envision her. Needless to say it all came to me fairly easily!  Thank you for letting me audition for the chance to play this delightful little ray of sunshine.  Good luck to everyone - I'm super excited to read all the entries! <3 ]

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

nunu Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: ::
nunu

Delicate peds flattened out thick, lush grasses that fell aimlessly askew from overgrowth. The daunting aroma of rain began hovering in the stratosphere, but the few clouds that were tumbling in were lethargically crawling along the sky and posing no threat to the petite filly. A vibrant blur of warm ivory weaving in and out of trees, swiftly stampeding imagined towns in distress from monsters; Maude cheerfully played these silly games in her head when left all alone. Darting around a giant shrub of thorns, the young femme cut to a halt – all four stilts seeming to land in the same spot with her haunches bundled up beneath her from the hasty stop. Hollows flared from the travel, Maude peered up at the heavens once more, detecting a few more billows adding to the coverage which would only welcome the evening faster.

'Mauuude, c’mon Maude…' Jude’s complaining tone echoing about in Maude’s head caused her to flatten her auricles and murmur aloud, “Jude… you pansy.” She did love her brother so dearly, but when it came to exploring the lands there was one choice (and one choice only) and that was: to go.  She had tried to persuade her twin sibling to come along, but he was nervous and fearful of the repercussions. To Maude it was a simple situation. ‘It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.’ The vixen gave a little smirk to this, still wishing her brother would have tagged along. She peered back, bright golden optics tracing the path she had created and when the young maiden turned to face what was coming, there was the tiniest glint along the horizon. Curiosity amped her forward and before long she was leaping over the broken glass wall.

Crickets chirped ever so quietly beyond the wall she had jumped over, and at the moment Maude was struck in awe that she was outside of World’s Edge. Her elders had presaged her about this and yet the enticement to continue travelling was far too striking. It was as if whispers of temptation were being spoken into her twin pinnacles, for Maude had never had such an impulse to sporadically explore. In front of her lay a small meadow and at the brim of the yellowing grasses was a jutting tree line, and Maude could not make out what was beyond that. Above the copper-tinted femme the atmosphere gently rumbled far, far away. Jude crossed her mind again, imagining him sniffing amongst the plants in the greenhouse and evading the caretakers all to avoid interrogation. He was a good brother and very noble, perhaps one day that would show more than his coy demeanor. Letting out a sigh, Maude carefully reared up with joy at the unknown world before her.

A three-beat gait pounded into the quietness of the forest. It seemed Maude was very much all alone, but as she made her way through closely grown trees, the shadows of the evening began to accompany her. Split diamonds were muted now as she stepped upon moss covered earth and she stood unworriedly in the midst of these woods, admiring the crawling green plant that hugged the bottoms of tree trunks and carpeted smaller boulders that naturally decorated the landscape. A low groan escaped the sky again and rolled out from where it started to just above Maude, sending a small shiver down her spine. That thick fragrance of rain was less out here but she could sense that it would be heavily raining over her brother now. Although the smell of it was distant, there was another trace of aqua underlying it – with key notes of sweet, fermenting cattails and damp soil.

At a slow pace now, Maude looked about the world with wide-open, almost glowing globes. A flick of her banner kept some gnats at bay as she emerged from an opening in the woods and saw a very clear pond in the center of the thicket. Maude was ready to exclaim loudly to an un-present Jude; but before the babe’s excitement could cash its check, she heard a quaint nicker from across the way. Lobes focused in on the familiar calling, although she knew it was not for her, as she was a stranger here. A few minutes passed and she was unaware of her surroundings that were in fact rapidly changing. It was officially evening and the fire flies began making their appearances, reflecting their lights among the tranquil pool of water and creating an ambiance that Maude had never witnessed previously in her three short months. A moving branch very close to the source of the noise kept the young fae’s attention when out emerged an albino equine. It was not until the second equine emerged that Maude felt she was exposed and in the open, although mother earth had her well-hidden.

The two equines seemed infatuated with one another, their bodices intertwining as they gradually entered the pool, whispers between the two of them were only broken words by the time Maude could catch anything from her hiding spot. The thunder was gradually getting louder although the rain had not fallen, yet this was the least of the filly’s concerns. These two strangers were so incredibly fascinating, as if performing a ritual within the perfect pool, the ripples gently lapping at Maude’s tiny flints. The couple made their way to the center of the pond; a breeze created further ambiance, causing fireflies to lose track of their way and long branches from willows swept the surface of the water’s edge. This new world she had discovered was increasingly dreamy and mystical, her heartbeat relaxed and at ease. Maude wished that Jude was here, to take in the sights as she was, to see these two equines dance in the water as they were. She daydreamed of bringing Jude here soon, when suddenly a large rain drop knocked her back to reality.

One by one, two by two, twenty by twenty, the rain was falling – and fast. The filly glanced back to the two strangers, only to see them standing over her. Their pelts slick from the water and their smiles tender and caring. “My, my, what’s a little babe like you doing out here?” the albino mare spoke so pleasantly that it scared Maude. She spooked. Quickly. With all of the forte she had, Maude turned towards the direction she came and bolted. The harsh rain began blistering her visage, stinging her at the speed she was galloping. The dense woods she had discovered seemed even thicker now and she felt like she would never escape. The closeness of the trees and shrubbery affected her greatly, scraping her shoulders and nicking her developing antlers as she went, but she did not care – she could not get caught! The poor filly’s mind was crashing and going overboard, ‘Where’s the exit? How far did I go?’ and when she felt that her pillars were reaching the point of collapsing, she had discovered the blond meadow from which she came.

A brief sigh of relief came while she made her way across the field, upwards now back to World’s Edge. The pounding rain did not let up however, with the thunder speaking more loudly now and the deep velvet clouds making it almost impossible for Maude to see a few feet in front of her. ‘What’s an adventure without a little setback…?’ she tried keeping her spirits up, but her shoulders ached and her appendages felt like loose stilts. Her front left hoof knocked the broken glass wall as she stepped over it, and here she found shelter under large oak. Maude turned to see her progress. The forest from which she came seemed miles away now, and in the very far distance, she could make out that equine couple from the magical pond. Another shiver down her spine. It was time to sneak back to the greenhouse, but hopefully it was not too late.

O O C : Playing Maude was lots of fun! I was very nervous about posting (bc it has been a while since I have RP’d) but I think it went OK. I could’ve stopped at several points but I was enjoying the story I was creating. Thanks for the opportunity to start off in Helovia with a fun little baby like this one! Good luck everyone!

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
As Never is still absent I'm just going to bump and tag again as a reminder. Auditions close in a few days, you have until the 30th.

@Skylark

@Eris

@Gebo

@Semper

Thank you to Bunnie and Nunu for your auditions, you both did fantastic!
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Skylark Posts: 1
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 5'3 :: 23
Skylark
I think I'm actually going to drop out if the audition! Since I already have Aelf :)
Thank you for the opportunity though! She's absolutely stunning <333

Eris Posts: 0
OOC Account
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
I dropped out bc the auditions are intimidating and honestly I feel like the two people that already tried out have a better grasp of the character *.*

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Dropping out because I think the two who auditioned did a wonderful job and I look forward to writing with either of them and Maude <3
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla