the Rift

[OPEN] In the flesh. [Birthing]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

It actually happened right when I hoped it would.

A bit of the luck of the draw I suppose. I had gone off into the steppe for the birth of my second child. The cold lonelyness was what I required. I wasn't scared like I was with Glacia. I mean I was, because there was always danger in birthing of a child. But at the same time I had been through it before. I knew the struggles, and the pain, and I wanted to be alone. Far way from the prying eyes of the wolves in the Basin. But close enough, should I need help in anyway possible I could be heard.

There where literal wolves here, but I did not fear them. I highly doubted they would pull anything in the midst of the time god setting up some kind of negotiations between us and them. Our soon to be teeth.

My eyes searched over the rough terrain, searching for some place to bring the child in my womb into the brutal world I called home. I wondered the gender of my child, and excitement courses through me as I wonder the possibilities of either genders. Whatever the child was, they would be strong. I was the mother. Glacia was strong too. In her own way, she had the strength to persevere. I knew that by now I had to be a grandmother, and I wished I could have been there, but I simply couldn't manage to get away. Someday I would meet the child, or even children. But first I needed to bring my own new life into this world.

I find a cluster of rocks, and I move towards them, knowing that my time is coming to a close. My head peaks around, making sure it was safe, and finding it actually fairly covered and a cave formed between two. I decided to take the cave as my birthing place. It was large enough to hold me and a child, and maybe someone else should they decide to intrude. Carefully I move inside, and make myself comfortable, ready for the labor. I had some contractions while heading up, but my instincts on hurrying had been correct, as I was soon having them one after the other.

My nostrils flared with each contraction, and soon I was drenched in sweat, formed from the extensive work of trying to push a kid from your body. It was uncomfortable. But not as bad as it was with Glacia. Yes, there where frustrated grunts of pain, and hard panting as it went on. But it was far less than I remembered it. Maybe I was just more prepared.

After what did feel like ages however, I could feel the child beginning to emerge. It was almost over, and so the race begun. I pushed harder, with more urgency. It still took some time, but soon it was out. My child had been born. My second child. Careful to avoid my child I struggled to my feet, tiredly turning to her lying form. Her.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Bathsheba @Reginald
Words;;
Notes;;

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
I've never been a rich man
And that was how the west was won

Panic. Anxiety. Terror

It was a deluge of feeling, foreign and strange. Wrapping, stroking, suffocating… a harsh and unwanted introduction to a world she was unprepared for. There was a terrible lacking of warm, moist, and safe - here was – cold. Was that right? Cold, damp, musty, a sensation of building, a pregnant pause, what was it? Suddenly she was moving, everything was moving and she was reaching; nose, legs, body, and she had a need to be close. Close to what? To her. Her.

What was her? She did not know and yet… there was a warm tingling in her gut that drew her up and forward, beckoning, a need that made chilly nostrils flare and big ears flop. Everything was so big, in fact, and she could not seem to grasp at anything steady. Soft, a stretch of soft and pliable material met scrabbling hooves and she stilled, chest heaving dramatically. Her?

Light, was that right? Shapes, blurred and unrecognizable as eyelids fluttered clumsily. Sight came swiftly, too swiftly and noise exploded through her nose, a sharp sound of surprise and pain. Eyes adjusted, slowly but surely and as things came into focus, there it was. It was a behemoth of a thing and she was frightened and desperate all at once. A clamor of breath escaped her lungs as the need to be with this thing hit hard and strong. Her, she was sure! She was big and dark with parts and pieces she did not understand. It was not important; all that mattered was the harried rush of emotion racing laps through her veins, new, fresh, and alive.

She moved again, this time with a purpose. Instinct propelled gangly limbs in every which direction, seeking to find stability. The ground was close, too close and she needed to be higher, up. So she tried to get there, always her eyes on the big black her lying close, a continuous comfort probing soundlessly at the fear struggling to break free. Was there nothing more she could do? Her hind legs wound not cooperate as her upper half took wing, only to fall. What could she do! “Y-” voice, sound, a voice! She turned to gaze helplessly at her. “You!

"talking here"

(I am so sorry this is a literal mess, it's been like 2 years since I've touched roleplaying ;n;)
@Sialia @Reginald

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

pleasure fused with pain this triumph of the soul

The cave is warm as he enters it, and it is already warm, misted with sweat and a sour scent of birth that he is becoming numb to. He blocks the light as it filters in, casting a grand, thick shadow across the mare he made a mother, and her offspring. Ka’Ora, perched on his wither, relives an anxiety that becomes familiar, that thrums in a steadier rhythm now instead of something wild and panicked. She knows now—she has reconciled herself with this fact—that there will always be a chance one of these children will die. She can only hope, and pray, for every occasion he goes to meet the child.

They look upon the current one now, the one who does indeed scent as a female (the first checkmark), and they watch as she struggles to stand in the midst of her father’s shadow. Reginald frowns; Ka’Ora shifts uneasily on her perch. Master is displeased. He does not like what he sees in something so small, still struggling to her feet. Is he so early that he has seen her so freshly birthed? And yet his eldest ones hadn’t hesitated even after their near death to conquer gravity. His eyes are hard, such a hard grey, as harsh as the ice that panels the mountains around them.

And he does not like her pelt, either. It is a patchwork of greys, a mockery of his own hide, a hideous, clumsy quilt embroidered with a blue, snake-like tendril across her body that he detests. His eyes cut to the ribbons spiraling up the black mare’s legs—he knew better, he should’ve listened to his gut instinct the first time around. Ugly markings are much less offensive in the stomach.

He sighs; he leans on one rear hoof, his head throbbing with bitterness to have to travel all this way only to be met with disappointment. He does not like this child. He didn’t even like the sex, in all honesty. She had made him angry.

Perhaps that is the secret: a good fuck produces good children. Merlin should be promising, then.

Tell me now, Ka’Ora, why this one should be kept, he thinks to his harpy, and her spine shudders at what seems like a threat in his words. Your blood, good blood, she reminds him quietly, so much tinier and meek than last time. There is not much she can do now to protect the child. Master will make up his own mind.

Seconds, minutes pass. He waits for the child to climb to its feet (it is an it now). The moments pass, the wind howls outside, and his displeasure ever grows.  “Her name?” he asks the black mare, cocking a broad brow towards her.  “Where will she be raised?”

Speak

Image Credits

@Sialia Sorry for the delay!

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

We are interrupted.

My eyes swing away from my child to the behemoth who stands in the cave entrance. Ears flick backwards, pinning themselves tightly against my skull. I look away and back at my child. She is trying to stand, yet fails. But she tried. And while still wet with after birth. Something nagged at me, that something wasn't right with her, but I kept my mouth shut. I wouldn't mention it in front of her sire.

My ears perk forward at the sound of her voice, and my muzzle lowers to nudge her neck. "Welcome my dear." And slowly my eyes roam over her once more. She is beautiful, and I am proud to be her mother. And she will be raised to be strong. Stronger than I, or her grey father.

My attention is turned to him as he speaks. Slowly I move defensively in front of her. I am tired, but ready to fight if necessary. "She will be called Bathsheba. And I will raise her in the Aurora Basin. She will stand by me and my troops, and learn from their mistakes, my mistakes, and the mistakes of the general."

My eyes narrowed and my head lifted. "I don't suppose you have an issue with that?" My voice is cold and hard. I do not like his presence here. Or before. He was clumsy and I got that he thought himself something special at the deed. I've had much better. Both times before.

My eyes flicker to his companion, and back at him yet again. I just wanted him gone, and I wanted him gone now.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Reginald @Bathsheba
Words;;
Notes;; Sorry this took so long loves!

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
I've never been a rich man
And that was how the west was won
It took so long, so many tries and so much effort, but finally… she rose. It was a rush of feeling, a sensation of… something she could not describe. Those things she called legs were not sturdy, trembling like crazy and ready to snap at any moment, like willows in a storm. But struggle she did, reaching, hoping, dreaming of a dream she could not even understand, though she could feel it. Ever closer it drew as she came close, whispering words ‘welcome my dear.. a soft breath tickling the fuzz of her ear. She turned to it, curious and desperate all at once. The black thing was beginning to take form at last, her vision slowly clearing to reveal the solid outline of another horse, a much larger horse. Huge and imposing, yet terribly familiar.

Was this… mother? Is that right? The word felt right in her head, nestling firmly in her heart, and tasted even better on her tongue. “You are mother?” she quests, for this black beast would be a good mother she thinks. She is the only one here after all, until she wasn’t.

It appeared so suddenly that she fell, right back onto her haunches and a flood of something deep and hot raced through her veins. Young skin puckered and rippled with dismay and she gasped in surprise. The new thing was dark, like the beast lying at her side, except this thing was risen, four thick legs holding it strong. This horse did not come with the same aura as her companion, this horse made her want to curl back up into a ball and disappear. This horse was not kind. His voice rumbled, thunder rattling in her skull, fear. Words were exchanged and if she had been paying attention she might have heard, but she was far too immersed in the miasma of thoughts in her head, caught firmly in a web of new feelings.

"talking here"

NOTE: this really has to be the worst ever.
@Reginald
@Sialia