the Rift

PARAMOUNT [herd meeting]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

She left Mesec in the grasslands of the Heart with Gwaihir and Lucius to watch over him and the promise that she would return. Time measured itself in the thrumming of her heart, each beat and shout in her chest that she had to get back to Mesec and soon. She was taking a risk in leaving him, even if only for an hour or two. He might shift again, might run, but she clung to the fact that he had kept his promise and trusted in the eagle and the zephyr to keep him grounded until she could return. Then, they would make their journey to seek the Gods, but Meg had to be sure her herd was left in capable hands.

Now she knew why she had not seen hide nor hair of Gaucho and Ampere, but their absence did not sill well with the Sunspear. They wouldn't just leave, would they? But even as the question formed in Megaera's mind she wondered if it was fair. What would she have done, if Mesec's beastly transformation had threatened her own twins? Would she have packed off her children to safety, even if that meant leaving without a word? She didn't like to think of that possibility... With any luck she and Mesec would be headed for the Veins in an hours time to seek a way to give her friend some control or some answers at the very least. The sands greeted Meg's hooves with a comforting familiarity as she touched down near the northern edge of the oasis; this was home, so solid and sure... She would be gone a few days at most, and even if she planned to be away for years, the Throat would always be there to welcome her home. 

The wild Sultana wasted no time: with a mighty trumpeting, she tossed her head into the air and let her magic fly. The beacon coursed into the air, a shaft of pure sunlight that exuded from her very skin. For several long seconds it blazed, a signal for the herd to gather, before receding back into its holding place inside her soul. She danced, and impatient step that turned her body so she could watch for her herd. Seconds seemed to stretch, so eager was she to see to this business and get back to her moon-shaded friend. Everything seemed so painfully slow when one had somewhere else to be.

[arrivals]

She met every gaze as each arrived, glad even beyond her preoccupied state that all had made it through the cold months. True, their herdland was milder than most, but she was always glad when the Birdsong broke the grip of Frostfall and the season of the Sun ruled once more.

“My friends, thank you for coming. It warms my heart to see so many of you. I am afraid our meeting today will be brief, but I have business that should not be put off. Helovia at large has been quiet for several months now, it is my belief and hope that we had seen an end to the openings in the rift and that settles there there followed. I take great pride in the part that those Dragon’s Throat playing in defending our realm, and give my thanks to those that fought. Likewise the herds have settled, and we have been working on establishing trade relations.” She nodded her approval to those who had journeyed to the other herds and met the delegations that had been sent to the Throat.

”As it stands, Helovia is at peace, but I would urge you to guard against complacency. The trials we have faced have always come quite unexpected and I would have us take the coming months to strengthen ourselves as we look toward the future.” The sultana’s eyes drifted, picking out the higher ranked individuals, “Those who have been given a charge, I will be expecting to see progress in each of your fields. Train those you have beneath you and keep sharp eyed for talent to foster, I will meet with you each soon.” Here gaze now snapped between the citizens, “Those of the nation, I encourage you to think of applying yourselves and selecting a vocation.”

There were promotions to be made, particularly in the ranks of the healers and the warriors but in most cases she had seen little enough effort to know who deserved that rank and honor of the Sun’s blessings. There was at least one spot she needed to fill now, following Ghost’s recent departure (though she had little enough understanding for the whole lot of them) and Meg turned to the striped stallion. “Misael, you shall take the place of Sleuth. It is the eyes and ears of the Dragon’s Throat and I trust you to honor that duty.” She opened herself to the gathering at large, extending her wings in invitation. “If anyone has business for the heard, please speak.”

TL:DR
- Meg has a baby bump DAMN EINARR KEEP IT IN UR PANTS
- Helovia has so much chill right now until that Kaos bastard shows his ugly face again
- Those with jobs, step it up
- Those without jobs should get one
- @Misael is now the Sleuth!!
- Meg wants to hear your problems but briefly cause she had a date with Mesec before he wargs out again

You have one week to post! [4/23]
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

Some say you're trouble, boy Just because you like to destroy All the things that bring the idiots joy Well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Ah, there it is. A bugle, a beacon of light. Different ways of bringing heel to his fellow bitches. Come now, you dogs. Heed my call.

The Basilisk heeds. He has been waiting for such an occasion. It amazes him, how little this herd seems to see each other, how easily it is spread, how simple his excursions had been to take away from his duties. There was something missing, a backbone surgically removed, a vital piece of the culture that permeated the blistering sands. He has not seen Gaucho. He has not scented the small, black whore with the odd, ridiculous blue markings—she who is his superior (such a thought leaves a sour, electric taste in his mouth). He wonders what their absence means.

And still they are absent as he arrives to the call, punctual and smart, clean and presentable. His mane has been trimmed and cut, and he does look the part of a polished brute--it is all because of his plan. A good impression is a must at this junction.

He is not so foolish to assume his children alone will be able to bring about a glorious future. They are a key, yes, a beautiful, wondrous, dazzling golden key—but they will mean nothing if he does not also prepare the pedestal. His pride will not allow them the full glory of these machinations.

It pleases him that neither the Sultan or the Gladiator have shown themselves. No, it is only Megaera, she of plain brown and small bones, she of a rounded stomach (oh?) and the stern, if preoccupied, gaze of a leader. His eyes are welcoming as her gaze scans over him. They hide the laughter in his breast, at the ludicrous nature of her appointment as Sultana. He does not understand it. And yet he must humor it.

“Pay attention,” he says, and he knows that Merlin will listen to his words, clinging as she is to his shadow, She is Megaera, the Sultana of these lands, one of our rulers.” These are basic things he teaches her, giving her a map of the playing field, filled with symbols and arrows and diagrams that she could not possibly understand, not so young. He shows her these things regardless. She will learn.

The meeting is brief—rushed, in fact. He assumes he is correct in guessing there is something else clouding those eyes, the Sultana’s head buzzing with other things, perhaps. He does not care; his hoof cocks as he hears of a routine laundry-list of things he already knows; the world is at peace (as of now), and he must fulfill his duty (like always). The only change of pace is the election of a bizarrely colored creature as Sleuth, a woman’s profession (or a coward’s). Reginald flashes a look of approval at the grotesque stude; he cares very, very little for his triumph.

Ah, but it is his turn now, for he indeed has business for the herd. He steps forward, bold and unafraid, grey gaze meeting the little Sunspear. “My Sultana,” he says, and it is an offering that is necessary, even as he dips his head in a respect he loathes to give, “It’s been over a year since I’ve been granted sanctuary here, and now, as a Father—“ his eyes flash to little Merlin behind him, “—I must commit myself even more towards the welfare of my home. I wish to become a Guardian of these sands, if you find me fitting.”

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase

[Reginald wants a promotion to be Guardian]
@Merlin because you was mentioned (I HOPE YOU DONT MIND!)

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Einarr

You feel the fire burning sweet within your skin
You're holding on to all the branches crashing in

Something had happened to the soldier on his patrol. When he rose into flight, a bright light filled the air around him and completely enveloped him. He tried to fight it, he struck out at the unknown, but there was no target. When the light dissipated, however, Einarr had been changed. Behind him now waved a flag of brilliant, thick, dark tassels. He had a lion's tail now, following the length of his body. It was odd, and for the first few hours after acquiring the mutation, he flew clumsily. He was quick to learn how to maneuver with the new appendage, however, and was as graceful and powerful as before as he strode on the winds.

Einarr was busy, patrolling and herding soldiers to their duties and training his son. Megaera was busy, tending to the herd--her flock. They had not convened since their last pairing, but even as Einarr followed her call he could tell her sides were swelling. A spark ignited a flame of pride in his breast. She carried on more of his offspring. Mordecai, Asavvi, and Nizho would be granted with a new brother or sister. Tipping his wings, Einarr circled and landed in his place--at the head of the warriors. Folding his dark wings against his sides, the stallion listened as his mate spoke out to the herd.

He lifted his own head after she spoke, turning it only when another stallion far from his side spoke. He recognized the boy as one of his soldiers, but he did not know the creature to be any outstanding civilian. He lifted a brow, long tail flicking behind him like the lions it was crafted after. Cloven toes stretched in the sands, the words rolling over on his tongue before he spoke them. "Einarr is Gladiator of the desert." He turned to face Reginald some, amber eyes burning into grey. "To rise in rank you must spar with Einarr."

The tall stallion turned then, eyes scanning out on the crowd. He made so that his eyes rested on each of his warriors longer than the civilians. "Any that want to be warrior see Einarr. Any wanting higher rank, spar Einarr. Any wanting to learn to fight, watch Einarr. Aithniel is Guardian, she good to watch if Einarr on patrol." Einarr let his wings rise some, maw lifting high as he spoke, "Dragon's Throat strong, but it can be stronger!"

image credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

Command.

He watches from a distance as the beacon burns, daring him toward insolence. He could turn away, but never lie about mistaking its meaning. Could leave, but it would be the last time. One of Caneo's ears tilts back, and he resists the call to gather for a bit longer. Thoughts of the pressing bodies, the many strangers gathered like a feast for starving wolves, jumble in his head. Still the thought of herd rings strange in him, and of this herd, specifically... Caneo sighs. He'll play the safer game, for now.

He goes.

The lanky silver spy draws no unnecessary attention to himself. He steps quietly, his gait lithe and carrying. Others have arrived before him; his cold gaze slides over each briefly before he takes a place somewhere in the middle, careful to touch none of his comrades (burly, sweat-stained creatures). They reek of testosterone, of a hunger different from his own. And they remind him of jackals, truly - not of the jackals' prey. He swallows. Upon his brow, the serpent peers out from below an ear, her black eyes glittering, tongue tasting this assembly of names. She finds them interesting, these aliens, perhaps moreso because her silver one shuns any promise of family they might offer. He cringes so slightly at the sound of the big grey's voice, twists his head to search the crowd when the black answers. Barbarians, breathes a thought that is not quite a thought. His tail twitches. Only the snake knows how much it betrays disgust.

But he's quiet.

He doesn't see Ghost; he wishes this surprised him more than it does. Instead, he searches for the visage of Misael - a new name. A worthier sleuth? A mentor he might welcome? Caneo might laugh at the thought, were he in private. But his face for now remains a mask of calm, blankly and politely curious. He has nothing to say, of course. It doesn't matter to him if the Dragon's Throat herd ascends to greatness or burns to ashes down here on the sands. So long as he makes the sands his home...

A quiet nod. A cocked hip, suggesting ease with the meeting itself and the swarm of big, ugly creatures around him. Caneo pretends he likes the scent of feathers and remains ignorant of his disadvantage here. His key hangs heavy on its chain.

we set them up all night
just to watch them falling

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The stallion was grazing silently when the call sounded and light flashed over the sands. His ivy masked head lifted turning towards the beacon eyes squinted against the brightness. He moved into action his ivy marked legs eating at the thick sand easily. A bright smile spread over his handsome face as he spotted his Sultana with a white, grey, stallion he didn't know. He recognized the black and white stallion, but couldn't remember his name. He dipped his head low towards his bay leader smiling warmly before nodding at everyone else. He listened silently to Megaera's words making sure to lock it all to memory. He nodded along with her hoping that everything had truly settled down.

He watched everyone else with his rear hoof cocked while listening. When she asked for them to find ranks he nodded quickly thinking of Ampere, still oblivious to the fact her rank had changed. Silver eyes looked around searching for her. He felt he was a pretty good terms with her, at least she always smiled when they spoke. A tender smile brushed his own face as he thought of the small lightning mare. When she promoted a brightly colored male he smiled and spoke warmly to him, "Congratulations Misael." His horned head dipped in respect to the older stallion before he turned to look back at Megaera. He enjoyed the way she opened the floor to everyone.

The grey stallion spoke up almost demanding to have his rank changed. His ears flicked back for a moment dislike for the stallion growing in his heart. Ilios didn't like cocky horses, no matter either rank or size. To his surprise the black and white stallion addresses the grey saying he is the gladiator. He listened silently as the large black male spoke in the way Gaucho did. Standing straight and proud he steps forward eyes on Einarr. His deep drawl sounds confidently as he addresses the older stallion, "Einarr," he pauses to dip his head respectfully, "I wish to be a warrior, I want to protect our family with my blood and body if need be." Horned head lifted he tries to meet the stallion's bright red eyes unflinchingly he awaits his judgement.

Speech
Words;; 370
OOC/Tags;; He speaks to @Einarr directly asking to be a warrior.
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

The youngster heard the call to the meeting and made her way over the desert sands towards the sound of her Sultana, eager to see the rest of the herd. Over the cooler than normal sands she fled, her wings resting at her side. It had been a few days over a year since of birth and it was showing. The filly's body was longer, wider and stronger as where her wings. She'd almost completely lost all of a foal's fluffy coat, roundness and tiny appearance. Her coat was now sleek, beautiful with the specs having faded and now only shining in the dim light. The chubbiness had toned out into muscle and her body had begun to mature. Aelin was no longer a foal, she was slowly but surely becoming a mare - a late bloomer if you will. A few had arrived before her and even more gathered after her. The girl's mixed gaze landed on Megaera and the sandy princess eyed her rounded belly with a knowing (and slightly) immature smile. It seemed like they were about to be blessed with another little Throat foal! How exciting! There is a thick dark stallion that she stands close to, a little sweet shadow lurks behind him which Aelin watches before the Sultana speaks. As her words fill the air Aelin respectfully turns from the other youngster and listens to her leader. 

The girl remained silent through the short speeches, having nothing to add the girl simply chose to listen and nod whenever Megaera paused for a moment. Aelin was currently not part of any profession, in fact she'd not given it much thought as it would be another two full years before she'd have to consider joining one. For now she was content with just exploring and discovering the world around her. Searching for the pesky brother of hers who'd once again vanished without a trace. It he thought for one moment that he'd be allowed back into her life without first receiving a harsh speaking to, boy was he wrong. 

There was a promotion to sleuth, and Aelin nodded towards Misael and spoke softy "congratulations!" Wondering over who'd lost the position to Misael (it'd been a while since she'd paid any mind to those holding current ranks within the throat), Aelin waited until the last had been spoken. With nothing to add the sandy girl was simply here to be respectful towards the Sultana, so she waited for the meeting to finish in silence. 

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable

I had been sticking close to Father's side for the past few days. Life Giver had been there but not really, not that I minded anyway. Father was much more appealing than she. My legs had gained strength since my glorious arrival into this world, making it easier to keep up with his strong, long legs. I guess when I got older and inevitably grew, that I would also have strong and long legs. That wasn't something to be thinking of right now, there were other things that needed to be addressed. Looking up into those grey eyes he spoke, glancing only slightly to another fat bitch standing ahead of the entire group. Was that how all of the mares looked in this herd? If so I don't think I would want to stay here long. Silver gaze dancing from Father's and to those around me, I listened attentively to what he had, mentioning that second fat bitch actually had a name; Megara, and she was one of their rulers. One of. Did that mean there were more?

Was Father one of these rulers? Or had he just not achieved such a feat yet? I didn't dare ask, not when he seemed so focused on what she had to say. This must be an important day for him, for he had taken the time to groom himself too. I had watched the entire process, the effort and time he took to make himself look well; presentable. I had always thought he should have done this sooner, but I would never say such things to him. Not if I valued my precious life. So instead I had simply done his bidding, sticking to him like a second shadow, and retained everything he told me in my head. It seemed that there were times he thought that I didn't understand what he was saying, that my young mind couldn't comprehend anything that he might say.

Yet so far all of it made sense, it was pretty logical reasoning. I don't know what foals he had dealt with before; but I was not like them. I was intelligent, keen and quick on my feet. Not to mention I was absolutely gorgeous! Not that he would ever appreciate my beauty, which somewhere within irked me. I had to be good enough for him, I needed to make him happy, and I would do whatever it took for him to have a look of approval in his eyes when he looked down at me. He said the day I took my first breath that I would accomplish great things, so why was he not proud of me just for that? Those questions could only be answered with time. My world of inner thoughts were shattered once his words were gracing my ears again, only this time they were not for me.

He was speaking to Miss Sultana, who stood all high and mighty in her spot before us, and what he was asking seemed important. Guardian. He wanted to be a Guardian. Though the meaning of this was to my dismay beyond my reasoning, I presumed it was something of importance. For Father to take such time into his self appearance, to act so... docile towards someone, meant that he wanted something, and he wanted it pretty damn badly. Swishing creamy fluff behind my silver hind end, I watched his movements closely; studying his wording and facial expressions, taking it all in so that I could remember it and harness it. He was the mastermind, the one pulling the strings in every scheme, and in order for me to be something word keeping around; along with insuring my own success, I needed to be very attentive.

There were others continuing to gather around us, filing in like lost sheep to be slaughtered by wolves. If only that were the true reality, I need something to keep me from dying of boredom. In my little life, I've concluded so far that meetings suck. Period. Yet it only got interesting when a black beast with large appendages like the Sultana's stepped forward, speaking in broken words. Didn't his Life Giver teach him how to talk? Jesus how painfully awful sounding was his speaking to my ears. I almost couldn't listen to it all, trying to cover my ears with something, until the context of his speech became awfully peculiar reached my delicate (and now most likely bleeding) ears. A spar with Father? The concept sounded interesting.

"Father," I whispered in my delicate falsetto, looking to him with my large eyes and batting them in question, speaking again slowly, making sure to form my words properly,"Is he challenging you to something?" To ask more would probably be too probing, or unnecessary. Keeping my sentences short, brief, and to the point seemed to be the best option in the long run when it came to Father. I would learn over time how to communicate with him, to understand what it was he exactly wanted from me. Until then I would remain neutral, cautious and attentive so as to learn everything I can from him.

[ Lots of rambling and observations, mostly revolved around @Reginald 
Let me know if you would like me to change anything Smithers! <3 ]

Maneater, make you work hard, make you spend hard, make you want all of her love

image credits

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

On flaming wings and with silent lips, Gaucho appeared.

The Wildfire had been on patrols, as he was want to do for the better part of most of his days. As Einarr would point out shortly in the meeting, their Warriors were decidedly lacking. And with Ampere's absence ... Well. It only made their ranks feel even more barren. And so he had taken it on himself to patrol their borders with more frequency than was likely required. After ensuring that the trade and armistice with the Basin still held, there was little to do, other than to wait and watch. With how quickly the Riftian Wars had begun, Gaucho knew that at almost any moment something could happen that would leave them all reeling. And like always, he would never abandon the safety of his family to mere chance.

Meg's call drew him down from the skies, as did the growing crowd. He hadn't expected her to call a herd meeting, but such was her prerogative. He was pleased to leave more and more diplomacy up to the Sunspear, feisty as she was. They were a good pair, or at least he thought so. Then again, he hadn't ever really held much palaver with her in the seasons since her promotion. But, she was outspoken. If she had a problem, he was sure that he would have heard of it.

Landing neatly somewhere behind Meg, like a silent flaming sentinel, Gaucho looked out with dark rimmed eyes.

How the herd has changed... he thought mutely, and this thought pleased him. The had accomplished so much, and moved so far from what the Throat had once been while under the rule of Kri and even Midas.

He listened as warriors presented themselves to Gaucho, and the Wildfire hid a smile. "Or Gaucho." He grunted amicably, looking at his almost-cousin Einarr with a nod. The dark warden had proved himself time and time again as a formidable gladiator, but the swell of Meg's sides had not gone unnoticed, and Gaucho thought that the scarred warrior might have his attention diverted in the coming weeks.

Finally his gaze moved to Aelin, one of the first of his children to arrive, and he smiled at her. The girl was easily the most beautiful of all of his daughters, quite and alluring in her own sweet and mysterious way. Would more of his offspring arrive? Would Ampere? (no ... he thought darkly, knowing that to be true). Would Sohalia?

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
Shida
#nofilter
Fucking fucking ere'thing.

I'm late, but you know what? Just you try and say a damn thing about it. I just had my vag stretched out but some little shit kid who treats me like a straw. I thought parents were just ... Supposed to care about their offspring but ... Fuck. I was finding this fairly difficult. I mean, I didn't hate her or anything, I just ... I don't know. Whatever bond there was supposed to be probably got broken during all of her flailing to exit my body. Or maybe she just drank it all with her unending thirst.

Harrmmphhh. But ... Maybe the fact that I bore this all silently and patiently was evidence of the bond ... If nothing else, Princess loved the shit outta the kid, even though she screamed at his face almost every time he came near her.

Anyway. Back to hobbling my flabby ass to this meeting.

I shoot a glare towards Megeara, who is getting fairly fat herself. I snort. This better be fucking good, I think angrily, knowing that I'll probably blow a gasket if I was forced to walk all this way for just some herd kumbya and handholding.

But Shida, isn't the exercise good for you? Don't you want to lose the baby weight?

Fuck that. I want to lay around all day and be drunk, that's what I want. But something tells me drinking and smoking probably isn't good for the kid so long as I'm her juice box. So instead I have to endure life sober (I don't know how you did it, Da), and it's bullshit.

Oh look. My happy family.

Briefly I hear Regginald say something about wanting to be a warrior, and I feel my stretched and bruised lady-parts suddenly throbbing pleasantly. Well. Sort of pleasantly and sort of not, because I'm immediately reminded of what a fat fuck I currently am, and how unpleasant I imagine I would feel beneath him. All stretched and saggy in the wrong places. Oh, and exhausted. Don't forget that.

"You know, they say not to mix business with pleasure." She quips as she moves to his tall dark side (that muscular ... Dark ... Hard flesh ... That smell .. ;laksdjf;laksjdfl;kajsdf;lkjasdgjbalskdjflaksdjf [insert Shida's mind devolving into a multiplicity of sexual fantasies]. My gaze refocuses softly as a grin parts my pink muzzle.

"Hey kid." I continue, peering around Reginald's chest (so strong .. So handsome... fuck! Stop!) at our daughter (our. Daughter. So weird)

[Worst. Mom. Ever]

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
tae

I had to leave my life behind; I dug graves you'll never find 
Tae's passive magic was almost constantly at work on her growing body. She hadn't found Grusha or Ampere anywhere in several weeks now ... While some part of her tiny mind could understand it if Ampere had to go away for something ... But Grusha? Never. Her sister would never leave, especially not without saying something. And why wouldn't she have been invited along, even if Grusha did go somewhere?

It hurt her heart and her soul in a way that caused unimaginable pain to ricochet through her. She hated it, but she did not hate them. She just missed them. And so, her body appeared like a ghost smudged with the tiniest bit of life - as if only a few atoms of reality were what was holding her together.

Like a ghost, she appeared silently at the meeting. Her ghostly wings were pressed against her body, and her wide white eyes were large and searching. She looked to her father, then to her half sister Aelin (one who, out of all of the other children, Tae likely had the most in common with given their affinity for the spirit world), but she made no move to go to either of them.

At her side, both Mal and Hel sat patiently, like two massive black sentinels. Mal, the wolf, was much more amiable than his large counterpart. The hellhound on the other hand had eyes only for Tae.

The mandible marked filly was too young to have a' job' though she knew that she would likely be a warrior like her mother and father once she was old enough. She had already tried to spar with her twin and some of the other foals, but she was wary about injuring her growing bones. Instead, she practiced being as swift as possible - not so that she could be a practiced runner-away-er, but so that her opponents would never have a hope of hitting her, once she was old enough. 

Image Credits

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Gods, everything is so messed up. My mind can hardly even contemplate the goings on of the world around me, much less formulate any sort of plan of action.

There's Glacia and now our child. A child whose fate seems clearly undecided. Then there's Ranjiri and ... I had tried to follow her, to find her and to apologize for my idiocy, or if nothing else, to just see her again, but she was gone. No one had known where, or perhaps she had simply asked them not to tell me.

Mother was back, although I didn't know that yet. And Father? He appeared more weary than I have ever seen him. Perhaps that was due to Ampere's disappearance, I don't know.

My mind shrugged slowly as I glided and landed neatly at the meeting. I cast a smile and a nod towards Tae, the youngest of my half-siblings, but her large white eyes seemed to ignore me. I frowned for a moment, before shrugging. Her twin wasn't here, and my guess was that the dark filly wouldn't give much thought to anything else, until Grusha arrived. So instead I moved towards Aelin.

"Hello beautiful girl." I whispered to her, gently reaching out an embered-wing to brush against her soft and graceful shoulder in greeting. Her twin wasn't here either ... Funny enough, my twin wasn't here. As if it was his fault, I looked up to Gaucho for a moment, before letting my gaze drift back down. Strange that so many of us were twins - all of us I think, except for Zenobia - and yet ... Here we all are, alone. Well. Not all. There were a few of us missing. 

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare

He had waited, waited for the call of gathering. The informant knew it was about time for a meeting to be called, so he had stayed within the borders. He moved with grace, with power, his steps did not show the stiffness that his recent spars had brought him. He could feel the hardening of his skin, the scars of battle becoming apart of his striped pelt. He had always been a sturdy, strong man, but now the strength that encompassed him was different; better.

Golden daggers lead him to the bright source of light, his strides long and enthralling, clearly the man felt good about himself and who he was, who he had become. Soon, he would travel to the edge and see his child, a longing building in his heart at the thought of Viserra. He had immersed himself in so much involving the herd and his personal building, that he had neglected the trip up to see her, them. Miseal had told himself he could only see them when he deserved it, and now that he felt like he did, he was excited for the meeting to happen so that he might finally see his child, his prodigy, his legacy.

Arriving with confident steps, his golden's surveyed the area, eyes seeing some familiar and some not. He hoped one day, he would know all those that resided in his home, but for now he merely took his place near Illios, the striking green and cream pegasus he had patrolled with. He offered him a friendly smile before his attention turned to the sultana.

She spoke of regular herd business, and he listened, offering the queen his full undivided attention. He took it personally upon himself to ensure the safety of the masses, although he was not a warrior, he did not take her words lightly. She was right--Helovia had been quiet. There was never good doings in silence. He felt a chill travel up his spine at the thought of something growing, stirring in the soils of Helovia, but he quickly wished it away. He would face whatever this land had to throw at him, he would be prepared, and he would fight alongside his people if need be. He owed the Dragon's Throat that at least.

Whilst he listened to Megaera finish up her words, his name was pulled into it. The words that followed struck him, the informant no, the sleuth had been promoted. There was a great pride that rose in his broad chest, all his effort all of his work, had been noticed and appreciated. He offered the woman a grateful nod, fully understanding the weight and the responsibility that her words held. "Thank you for this opportunity. Your trust will not be disregarded." Miseal said seriously, not spilling too much as to slow down the pace of the meeting. He realized as some congratulated him, that Ghost was not present. Miseal hoped she was well, and desired to live up to the name she had created. He offered a small dip of his crowned head to Illios and another to the younger mare who he did not know.

The sleuth had succeeded, he had made it. He was filled with joy, something that had been quite absent as of late. This achievement, this title, had been won by his own doings, and Miseal would not mess it up. He didn't have a choice now, he would be the leader that Megaera had trusted he could be.

@Mythical request emotion two [Jubilance]
"Speak"</style>
</style>

Art by Jen

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

She was having dreams more frequently now, of the windstorm and of the lightning. The feeling of having just escaped the polarizing crackles of a great and terrible energy, ripping across the skies vehemently – crying out with a thud that always broke her ears. Crumbling her senses to a numbing sting. She always woke up crying when she finally came to. Dread had pierced her heart with an awful stillness. It had meticulously set her awry, lost in the infinite faces of the clouds in each of these dreams. Sometimes she would laugh it off, because there was no reason to feel so down. There were other things to find happiness and joy in, wasn’t there?

Wasn’t there?

The young girl paused as she walked along the shore. The sight of a white, striking light beamed beyond her. Ru merely tilted her head, unaccustomed to such an appearance – it was both alien and slightly terrifying. What could it possibly be? With a thin and weary soul, she gathered what was left of her courage – and set off into the sky, meek and cautious.

The wind was still alive; it brushed against her – giggled, as she swayed briefly. ’At least, I will always have you. Or perhaps you will always have me…’ And yet her fear was unwarranted; she had never seen anything like this before – so many equine gathered in one area. The dun filly touched down, settling upon the outskirts of the group.

All of their attention appeared centered on the mare ahead. Uncertain of what to expect, she realized then that she could not identify any of her fellow companions; Ru was reluctant to stay any longer than what was expected. With a soft sigh she brought her ears ahead, waiting for the one in dark browns to speak.

The youth picks out certain things; the call to become stronger, the gaze that briefly grazes the surface, of picking out vocations – of applying one’s self to ‘something’. The rest is pushed back. There is nothing more to the youth than the raw emotions that threaten to spill out, and the churning of thoughts provoked by the necessary need for able bodies to do something. She allows her singed muzzle to fall, just as her eyes break from the mare to the earth. Ru couldn’t help the crawling sensation that she was indeed lonely and apart from everyone around her. She was not yet ‘family’. And wonders, if she can make anything out of herself; or if it was too late to make an impression at all.

No, not impression. A living, a desire and the courage to pursue it.

Where was it? Was it… truly here, with them or out there. Her coral eyes shift from the ground to above the horizon. Longing swelling in their depths.

Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

Like a ship in need of a direction Maren’s eyes clenched together against the winds. In her ears echoed the whistling of the sandy dusts as they rolled in their tiny frictions over her striped hide. As their verses brought  inspiration and direction, she found her way on the right path. She crossed the dunes to find the oasis gleaming in the winter-y light. There, she looked out at those who had gathered, were gathering - like her - in front of one of the family-heads, Megaera. She stood tall, but also suspiciously round the black stallion Maren knew as Einarr stood beside her. From the inside Maren huffed while she approached the crowd, thinking back at the time Einarr had been skeptical about Maren’s job as a Diviner. Or at least that was how she remembered it. “Goodday Sultana,” Maren noted in warm outlandish tunes. She said hi to Gaucho as well, after which she walked on to seek a nice spot to put her hoofs on a rest. She turned her behind into the wind and waited patiently for their Sultana to start and managed to shake off most of the dust out of her winter-y hide before that happened. She hadn’t seen Gaucho in a while, she realized, but then again, she had been a bit absent minded herself lately as well. When seemingly everyone who would had arrived, Megaera went straight to business. She mentioned the quiet times and then the Rift, of which Maren’s muscles tightened at the mere mention of it (Filth). And she had some other business to attend to, which meant this would be merely a swift meeting. Maren wondered if giving birth was that other thing she needed to do. Her schedule must be busy, she thought. (Maren knew a lot about religion, culture, history. Even the always so intriguing politics, but the basics of giving birth had always remained a bit of a vague concept to her, which was the reason why she was currently under the impression one could simply plan that as well.)  

Eyes wandering aimlessly as she waited, she saw Ru, the little filly she had brought back to the Throat. Maren realized this must be her first meeting, since she looked a bit out of place…or lonely. The tiger mare got a little closer to the girl and playfully nudged her neck in a sudden movement, perhaps hoping to surprise the youngster. Maren didn’t really know why she did, she probably just felt like it. But after she had lightly smiled her eyes wandered back to her Sultana, went back to awaiting whatever would come next.

She sighed after Meg was done talking and others were openly offering themselves as new recruits, then pulled up her stripes shoulders and shrugged to herself. At least I don’t have to babysit anyone, she thought thinking about herself being the only one devoted to their God in both life and job. The sting of jealousy she momentarily felt for Einarr she quickly pushed away.

maren

by the precepts of her purity

Mentioning Meg, Gaucho and Einarr
Playfully poking @Ru  :3 because awh
Please tag me 

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya had not been back to the throat for long, having been hesitant to bring A’mal across the bridge of fire before she was able to sustain flight on her own.  It had lead to an extended patrol on the mainland, but at least the pair of them had been productive. She knew that A’mal was eager to test her wings and she herself was eager to let her, but a journey over a cold sea was certainly asking a lot.  However the little dragon had grown strong over the past few months, and Najya was finally willing to make the trip over the bridge without having to worry that the little piece of her very heart would be blown away on the winter winds.

The little mare felt like she had adjusted well, all things considered, A’mal having healed a gaping hole in her heart.  However she still felt as if there was more she could do for her home now that she had more of herself again -  now that the shadows had been chased away and the ghosts of the past didn’t seem to be standing so close behind her.  As her feet found the soft sands of the desert once again and the flames disappeared from her sides, the little mare inhaled as the feeling of being home swept over her. This place had begun to take root in her.  A’mal circled once overhead before landing on the mare’s back, clinging to the sheath that held the girl’s sword. 

She couldn’t help but notice that the desert seemed empty, however, and wondered what it was she had missed. A’mal, picking up on her bonded’s train of thought, pulled on her flaxen mane drawing the mare’s attention to a gathering in the distance.  Najya immediately stepped into a canter, hoping that she wasn’t embarrassingly late to what was obviously a meeting well in progress.  Slowing to a walk and standing in the back, Najya stopped and dipped her head in respect for those who had already come.  “My apologies, we have been across the sea.”  She stands quietly as the Sultana speaks, and waits until the others have finished before speaking again. ”If possible I would like to take a rank among the Apostles.”

N A J Y A
Image Credit

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
[quote='Megaera' pid='176557' dateline='1460864716']

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

Not as many came as Meg would have liked; perhaps the children could be given a free pass, but less than half came at her call. What if it had been something critical? What if there had been an attack? Was this really all that her beacon could muster? In the future that simply wouldn’t do, but today she didn’t have time to wait too long for stragglers or to seek out slackers to demand excuses. She took a register of those that had showed, filing the names and faces away in her mind.

Of the spies there were two, Misael, who took his promotion with good grace, and Caneo, who stood separately, oddly apart from the rest of the herd. This the Sunspear paid little mind to she neither understood spies nor overmuch liked the idea of them, but as long as they served their purpose there was little that need be done about them. Of the warriors, three came including Einarr, and Ilios to join their number, which only counted for maybe half. Maren was the only one to represent the wise ones(Meg gave her a nod and a smile) and Rhoa the only crafter; not a healer among them. The rest in attendance were children (though she noted with an inward sigh that none of her own appeared). Indeed, when Gaucho appeared to stand at her back, Meg was both relieved at his presence and worried about how this poor showing reflected on her term as Sultana.

Reginald was first to speak when she opened the floor and the Sultana’s dark eyes surveyed him critically, flicking down to the tiny child at his side (and the mouthy Shida when she came along) with an interested raise of her brow. It was she that had welcomed him into the Dragons Throat, he was strong and able, surely, and as he’d said he’d been there some time but in that time Megaera had learned little enough about him. He was bold certainly, but there was something she couldn’t quite place that kept her from warming to him and granting his request on the dime. She assumed it was his formality, even his overbearing stalliony-ness, perhaps even the threat of a challenger. Einar saved her from having to answer and she smirked at her dark Gladiator before  giving a nod in ascent. “Aye, Einarr or Gaucho will test you first, I would myself but I am a bit limited at the moment. Still, I’ll expect to meet you in the arena within a few months time.” She would be happy to get to sparring again, once her child was safely in the ground, even with her hot head, there would be no risking the safety of her children to satisfy pride, hers or her warrior’s.

At the words of another, Megaera turned to look upon the spotted mare. Najya was the name that flowed into her mind from…somewhere, bearer of the sword sourced from the the same Rift creature as Megaera’s mask. Meg gave a nod at her request, “You’d be welcome among them I am sure. Maren is our Diviner, she’ll be the one to guide you.” Meg gestured to the tiger mare before speaking tho the diviner directly. “There are two more recent recruits to your flock, Tuppence, and another named Xolani, I believe.” She gave a nod, trusting that Maren would take them under her tiny but capable wing. She opened herself again to the gathering at large to dismiss them “That is all, if no one has other business. If you feel the need, feel welcome to seek me out in private upon my return.”

She turned, hoping to catch Gaucho’s eye to indicate that she needed to speak with him, before moving towards Einarr. “Shekh ma shieraki anni.” Even in her rush to get back to Mesec, the smile for her mate is warm. “I must go to the Gods, make sure Nizho stays out of trouble wont you?” Though her love for them was no less she made no mention of their daughters. Mordecai had proved she'd get into any trouble she pleased and then get herself out of it, and gentle Asavvi never strayed to far from the oasis anyway. A quick brush of her cheek against his, a fond farewell—for they would have time to speak when she returned— and Megaera moved off to confer with the Sultan. “Gaucho,” she intoned, searching the stoic face of her captain. “I cannot stay long. Mesec has told me what happened and I am taking him to the Veins. Your children and Ampere, are alright, aren’t they?”

Notable Mentions: @Reginald @Najya @Maren @Einarr @Gaucho
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Happiness swells in Misael's gut. His lips part and laughter spills out so rich and raucous that his sides begin to hurt. Pain bleeds between his ribs as his body betrays the jubilance he feels.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho listened as Meg prattled off a roster of diplomatic line-items, and he had to force his lips to remain still. He remembered meeting Meg for the first time, seasons and seasons ago now, and he wondered if either of them would have believed where she would eventually end up. Not the dun hadn't always had full confidence in her abilities as a warrior and a loyal follower of the Sun, but that she would end up as a diplomat? A mother, time and time again? Now the bone in his muzzle did twitch slightly as he exhaled a breath that wanted to turn into a laugh.

He had nothing to add to the meeting-items she listed. After all, she had called this meeting, not him, and so he allowed her to continue on as she had been doing. He listened silently, bobbing his head when appropriate, but kept more or less still.

As her gaze and focus turned to him, his dark ears perked forward. 

"All are fine." Gaucho rumbled with an appreciative nod. He was glad that Mesec was seeking help - and even more pleased that Meg was going to accompany him. The Wildfire didn't know much about the Nightwind, but he did know that Ampere approved of him, and seemingly continued to do so even when he became an aggressive monster. Though given her fondness for him, he wasn't too surprised that she had that capacity. 

"Shieraki gori ha yeraan." He mumbled to her thoughtfully, as if she was going into battle. Which, for all either of them knew, she was. Gaucho dipped his antlered skull appreciatively towards her, before moving off to where a few of his children had gathered.
Image Credits

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare

Miseal continues to listen to the ending of the meeting, watching as the wildfire entered in his normal, extremely dramatic way on flaming wings and powerful eyes. He always got a kick out Gaucho, but respected the leader nonetheless.

His chest was still warm from his achievement, being recognized for his work meant a lot to the chromed. It wasn't ever something he had known was possible from him, but he was glad to know that if he took something seriously, it would take him places. Suddenly he was laughing, it wasn't his normal charming, beautiful laugh, but this one was more, more wild. His eyebrows furrow was glee spills from his mouth but confusion leaks through his eyes.

The pain the enveloped him next was worse, this damn moon lady was a bitch. Fuck her. His chest felt like an elephant had sat upon him and stolen all of his breath, his lungs starving for oxygen as more and more crazed laughter spilled from his lips. Quickly, the chromed disappeared from the sight of the herd and all those who were watching, his pain slowly beginning to ebb away and his laughter quieting. This quest was going to be a bitch he thought as the remnants of his pain swirled within his chest.

emotion two [Jubilance]
"Speak"</style>
</style>

Art by Jen