the Rift

PARAMOUNT [herd meeting]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
[quote='Megaera' pid='176557' dateline='1460864716']

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

Not as many came as Meg would have liked; perhaps the children could be given a free pass, but less than half came at her call. What if it had been something critical? What if there had been an attack? Was this really all that her beacon could muster? In the future that simply wouldn’t do, but today she didn’t have time to wait too long for stragglers or to seek out slackers to demand excuses. She took a register of those that had showed, filing the names and faces away in her mind.

Of the spies there were two, Misael, who took his promotion with good grace, and Caneo, who stood separately, oddly apart from the rest of the herd. This the Sunspear paid little mind to she neither understood spies nor overmuch liked the idea of them, but as long as they served their purpose there was little that need be done about them. Of the warriors, three came including Einarr, and Ilios to join their number, which only counted for maybe half. Maren was the only one to represent the wise ones(Meg gave her a nod and a smile) and Rhoa the only crafter; not a healer among them. The rest in attendance were children (though she noted with an inward sigh that none of her own appeared). Indeed, when Gaucho appeared to stand at her back, Meg was both relieved at his presence and worried about how this poor showing reflected on her term as Sultana.

Reginald was first to speak when she opened the floor and the Sultana’s dark eyes surveyed him critically, flicking down to the tiny child at his side (and the mouthy Shida when she came along) with an interested raise of her brow. It was she that had welcomed him into the Dragons Throat, he was strong and able, surely, and as he’d said he’d been there some time but in that time Megaera had learned little enough about him. He was bold certainly, but there was something she couldn’t quite place that kept her from warming to him and granting his request on the dime. She assumed it was his formality, even his overbearing stalliony-ness, perhaps even the threat of a challenger. Einar saved her from having to answer and she smirked at her dark Gladiator before  giving a nod in ascent. “Aye, Einarr or Gaucho will test you first, I would myself but I am a bit limited at the moment. Still, I’ll expect to meet you in the arena within a few months time.” She would be happy to get to sparring again, once her child was safely in the ground, even with her hot head, there would be no risking the safety of her children to satisfy pride, hers or her warrior’s.

At the words of another, Megaera turned to look upon the spotted mare. Najya was the name that flowed into her mind from…somewhere, bearer of the sword sourced from the the same Rift creature as Megaera’s mask. Meg gave a nod at her request, “You’d be welcome among them I am sure. Maren is our Diviner, she’ll be the one to guide you.” Meg gestured to the tiger mare before speaking tho the diviner directly. “There are two more recent recruits to your flock, Tuppence, and another named Xolani, I believe.” She gave a nod, trusting that Maren would take them under her tiny but capable wing. She opened herself again to the gathering at large to dismiss them “That is all, if no one has other business. If you feel the need, feel welcome to seek me out in private upon my return.”

She turned, hoping to catch Gaucho’s eye to indicate that she needed to speak with him, before moving towards Einarr. “Shekh ma shieraki anni.” Even in her rush to get back to Mesec, the smile for her mate is warm. “I must go to the Gods, make sure Nizho stays out of trouble wont you?” Though her love for them was no less she made no mention of their daughters. Mordecai had proved she'd get into any trouble she pleased and then get herself out of it, and gentle Asavvi never strayed to far from the oasis anyway. A quick brush of her cheek against his, a fond farewell—for they would have time to speak when she returned— and Megaera moved off to confer with the Sultan. “Gaucho,” she intoned, searching the stoic face of her captain. “I cannot stay long. Mesec has told me what happened and I am taking him to the Veins. Your children and Ampere, are alright, aren’t they?”

Notable Mentions: @Reginald @Najya @Maren @Einarr @Gaucho
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Megaera - 04-16-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Reginald - 04-18-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Einarr - 04-18-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Caneo - 04-18-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Ilios - 04-19-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Aelin - 04-19-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Merlin - 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Gaucho - 04-20-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Shida - 04-20-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Tae - 04-20-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Rhoa - 04-20-2016, 01:07 PM