the Rift

[OPEN] These Bones

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Holding me closer, until our eyes meet. You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home.

The stag kept his back to her, most likely studying the cave formed by the rocks before him. Her greeting however had the desired effect, the son as dark as night turned towards her. Yet as soon as his gaze hit her the doe felt as it she had disappointed him. As he studied her over a silence she simply waited for his response, eyes occasionally flickering to the cave behind him. Wait...had she accidentally interrupted a secret rendezvous? If so she'd feel absolutely mortified. Fighting the urge to quickly back up and apologise as soon as the thought entered her mind, Arah felt her face heat. Feeling awkward as the silence stretched on, perhaps a little longer that it should have (which only further enforced the idea that she was interrupting him meeting his lover), the doe shifted her gaze and focused on a spot over his shoulder. Honestly it would be far too strange to just leave right now...wouldn't it?

Finally he responded and the doe sighed silently in relief. Arah also relaxed her gaze so it wasn't fixed on the spot over his shoulder any longer, she glanced towards the stag long enough to see a small smile soften the stag's features. Nodding at his words she took a few modest steps towards the stag. His dark coat was such a contrast the to white snow, he was almost like a beacon, a break from the constant hue-less world that surrounded them. True the boy she'd known was long gone, before her was a mature and handsome young lad that appeared to have known the pleasures and pains of this world.

Pleases and pains, it had been a while since she'd visited these lands. After all up her she'd experienced both, the pleasure of starting her family and the continuous pain of loosing them. Ironic how life worked out, wasn't it? The same place could cause delight, anger, regret and agony. Somewhere up her Arwen had lost her life. Not strong enough to continue without Asch.
While she rarely stood where she'd met Crowley she liked to visit the grave of her daughters. She'd never discovered where Asch had been killed, so instead she spoke to them both from Arwen's resting place. She knew their souls would remain together, even in the afterlife.

The doe had not been aware that she was still watching the stag, for a moment her thoughts inwardly focused on her daughters. It was his voice that gripped her and tugged her back into reality.Shame filled her as he suddenly recalled her, a dim and distant memory of the past. As he spoke, a Zephyr came upon the group and descended - Wynter watched excitedly as he found a rocky ledge to perch on. It was rare that other creatures grew as large as Wynter, she was most excited to see another creature that was roughly the same size as her, even if he was a different species to her. Softly her snowy griffin responded to his greeting, his own scepticism kept Wynter at bay, her own eyes watching his every move. "Yes, we lived in The Basin together." Arah levelled her gaze with his before continuing. "I regret that when we met my naivety and eagerness to impress got the better of me." Wynter encouraged her through the bond, clearly if he didn't remember her then her harsh words of the past clearly hadn't remained with him. "I was disrespectful towards you. I sincerely apologise for that." Dropping her gaze she waited for his response, half expecting him to walk away despite not actually knowing what had been said. In truth, Arah didn't remember herself. It had been so long ago. Before she understood how to stand by her own values and still remain supportive of her herd.

Art by Hearttosoul @ DA

@Mesec
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
These Bones - by Mesec - 04-16-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-17-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 04-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-20-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 04-25-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-26-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 05-16-2016, 12:51 PM