the Rift

[OPEN] aureate —

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
Mother shrugs her shoulders towards my scarred figure, giving no care whether I wandered farther than the borders of Helovia or stayed glued to her brindled hip— she chose to show little about whether or not my health was of any importance to her or simply a burden. Today, she seemed especially eager to rid herself of my pesky presence by giving me the precious gift of freedom— where she cared little for my well being and let me roam to any destination I pleased so long as I returned to her by a specific hour (usually when the sun is just beginning to kiss the tops of hills on its way below the horizon).

And as I trudged through the forest with branches reaching desperately for my bi-coloured hair and getting tangled up in my tail, I realize how much of a mess I am. Sure, I'm going for an artfully tousled look with my hair, where it curls at the ends and looks satisfyingly messy— but now it just looks like a disaster. I catch its state while running past a particularly large puddle, skidding to a halt (like those cartoon characters, slipping on my heels for a moment before stopping) to stare at my rippling twin. Why do I look so gross? My nose wrinkles up and brows narrow at my reflection, ears flattened at the debris clinging to my sooty locks like they'll be damned if they slip away (I wouldn't really call falling to the ground being damned, but in twig terms maybe they're the same).

By now I'd gotten far past the forest our family resides in, just barely beginning to pass the borders of the Threshold (so many lost horses, so little care for them)— eyes alight with childish curiosity as my hooves scuff up the dirt as I parade into a whole new area of Helovia. Sabre was not at my side to witness such a grueling sight, not here to watch my expression fall into pure surprise at the scene laid out before me.

Blood, swirling and rumbling as it flows over rocks and into a massive body of red— a bubbling, churning macabre waterfall that sent a shiver down my marred spine. Phantom trickles of my own warm blood traversing my body make my knees quake momentarily. But it did not smell like iron, the way my mouth does after Mother bashes at my head and my tongue or cheek get caught up in my clattering jaw— it does not flow thick and opaque over the smoothed rocks that alter its course.

It is not blood, I can assure myself this— it is water, capturing the hued rays of hundreds of red shapes beneath its surface— riches. My shoulders loosen, no longer tense at the prospect of blood (associated commonly with beating, fear and Mother), shaken at the confirmation that the earth was not stained red and that there was no coppery scents clinging to my flaring nostrils. It was safe, serene in a place littered with precious stones, ready to be plucked by any wanderer brave enough to risk clambering over slick stone.

And I, the fool, am enticed enough by the glittering golden shape near the base of the waterfall that I dare take steps towards it. What could only be four or five feet above the deep, deep pool of water is something eye-catching and pretty. Being the idiot who finds anything that shines an object worth my time and appeal, I step cautiously upon the first stone, feeling cold water splatter against my foreleg. Another step, then two more and I'm perched atop the rocks now— eyeing with a greedy grin the golden item that has caught my attention, cradled carefully by loose rubies. I take big steps, feeling my grey hooves sliding against the slick surface of the water washed stones, frantically scrambling towards my prize in desperation.

I triumphantly scoop it up, water assaulting my nose as I reach into the raging falls to grab the golden item— a crown (or a comb? Both?). Pulling it from the grasp of the red jewels, I turn around and pick (very slowly) my way down the rocky path that I'd took to get up. Upon touching solid ground (thank gods I made it this far), I lay my trophy out at my hooves to take in the finer details I couldn't have observed earlier when I reached for it.

It was a golden crown, carved with ornate patterns (like on the crowns kings wear), embedded with glittering rubies that shimmered pink under certain light. The crown was pronged, enough prongs to consider it a brush of sorts. So my grin grows, teeth taking up the decoration and gingerly combing through my disaster of a tail, taking the utmost care in making sure I didn't over brush it (artfully tousled, remember?) I do the same for the ends of my short mane, shaking my neck and head to free it of any dirt or twigs. And, with absolute elegance and caution, I place the crown atop my head, rooting it in the space between my ears (where a real crown would one day sit).

"Talk."
the boy bandit king
image credits

:B shamelessly makes open thread bc POST ALL THE THINGS

made by reli

tag me in everything

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Returning from her adventures in the north she'd taken a slight detour on her way home. Perhaps it would worry her siblings if she did not show up after being gone for so long or perhaps her father would search for her. The sandy princess mostly wished that they were all too busy to notice her extended absence. Still, she supposed, she hadn't given a time of her return. So perhaps they weren't worried in the slightest. The latter definitely would please the girl, meaning she could continue to explore and meet the many interesting souls that lived within this world. So happily the girl continued through the skies, wings stretched aside as possible and ready to meet many new and exciting members of Helovia.

As a large forest began to expand below her she adjusted her flight. Easing her wings she began to glide down towards the reaching trees, her eyes searching for an opening wide enough for her to descend into. Most gaps had reaching branches, likely to scratch her soft skin open. Drawing her wings in and scrunching up her body she plummeted towards the ground. The moment the forest opened up she spread her wings and rightened herself, managing (and surprising herself) to land rather smoothly upon the woodland floor. Starting to make her way through the she found her mane and tail getting caught and tangled into the branches that grasped desperately her dark strands. It was as if the world wanted to keep her forever, danger and yet...not. Tugging herself free she pressed on, weaving her way through the trees. The forest was impressive, beautiful and so alive but something within these trees unnerved her. Freezing as something moved behind her she swallowed, then spread her wings wide and gave them there might flaps, within movements she was soaring the skies again, escaping whatever laid in wait behind her.

Eyes searching the world below her she recognised the Threshold. Not too long ago she'd found some strangers there, lost souls looking for a for a home and a family. It was funny how they all wanted the same thing. It didn't matter if they were born in to Helovia, a family ready made or arrived as strangers. But she'd never traveled any further than The Threshold. The lands that rested after it she'd never even laid her eyes upon. This was where she'd decided to head, with ease she crossed the lands until coming coming in for a much smoother landing. Her hooves kicked up first as she skidded slightly, there was more wind behind her than she'd originally anticipated. Recovering quickly and folding her wings back to her sides, the girl finally looked up at the new lands. To her horror, she recoiled and stumbled backwards.

She'd thought perhaps the sun was playing a trick on her eyes, the pools beneath her surely were not as red as blood. No, a colour was being reflected onto them. Yet up close the girl realised that they were as red as blood because it was pools, rivers and streams of blood. Aghast she watched the blood, churning and roiling as it flowed over rocks and into a massive body of red. Disgust welled up inside her and yet she found herself completely unable to look away from the churning waters that could only have been made so from a massacre. Eyes flicked up to study the waterfall, the disgust grew and over her entire body shivers rippled and stung at her flesh. Aelin was no a daughter of some weakling parents, she'd seen the price of battles and tasted the thick, rusty liquid that had filled her mouth once before. Sucking in a few deep breaths she forces herself to look, to really look with her eyes, not her head. Blinking a few times she sucked in a breath of relief - a breath that did not carry the scent of iron.

It is not blood. The girl's knees stop trembling, the thoughts of her discovering a massacre above the waterfalls faded from her mind. Her first assumption had been closer than the idea of a pile of bleeding bodies. Glittering at the shore of the pools she can see hundreds of red rocks which eventually becomes indistinguishable shapes under the surface. The tense, upright and riding stature releases her body as she exhales one breath. There is nothing to fear here, not like she had in the forest. Here she was free to explore, there wasn't a forbidding feeling filling the pit of her stomach here. Bending down she inspects the stones closer, smiling at them. They are actually quite beautiful, richly coloured and bright.

The is a noise up ahead, the girl turns from her rocks and spies a dark figure in the distance. He is looking into the rushing waters of the waterfall, despite the dangers the girl watches as her dares to take steps towards the gushing falls. "Don't!" It's pointless, the boy will not be able to hear her. His ears will be filled with the rushing waters, not her sweet vocals. The sandy princess begins to hurry towards him, desperate to reach him and stop his from hurting himself. The closer she gets the more she sees, as also notices the telltale signs of a foal. He's still young, like her perhaps he's been born only a few months after herself. Still as the elder she has to stop him. Before she can reach him however he steps cautiously upon the first stone, the girl skids to a stop, watching on in horror. The boy takes another step, then two much more hurried steps then he's perched precariously atop the rocks. Aelin's heart pound in her chest, she watches his hooves sliding against the slick surface of the water washed stones. The boy is frantically scrambling towards something but the sandy Princess can barely watch any longer.

Scooping something gold and glittering from the waters the boy makes his way down the rocky path thankfully her reached the safety of solid ground. The girl makes her way over to him. She pays no attention to his prize. "You are crazy." Despite her racing heart, and concern for his mental well being she grins at him. What he had just done was stupid, insane and deadly. Yet he had to admire his skill in making it there and back safely, so she choose not to tell him off. "You could have died!" Her words where breathless, adrenaline rushing through her system.

@Kid
Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
With the ending of my pleasant dangerous climb to take up my prize, I spot a girl upon my descent— she is frantic and her mouth is gaping in a silent plea for my to come back. A brow rises at the stranger, pink eyes falling to the wings at her flanks as I pick my way towards her, cautious with my footwork (a king is always graceful)— careful to steady myself every time I feel my hooves begin to slip over the smooth surface of the stones.

As I crown myself king of the world she makes her way to me with a breathless sentence surpassing dark lips— a rant about how crazy I am, that my existence could have fallen short and my dreams never achieved (which will never happen, I'm not dying until I at least claim the title of king). And obviously this girl doesn't get that I'm not a coward, that I could have performed a musical number on those rocks with all the elegance and steadiness I have— I was born to rule dutifully, and as a future ruler I must at all costs be well balanced and precise (or is this for princesses? Ah well).

"I'm not crazy, I'm fearless." That's an utterly bullshit statement, seeing as how I have a lot of things to be afraid of (Mother, the heteros and their weird romances— seriously they do some weeeeird shit for each other), and yeah— my heart raced a little when I was climbing around on those rocks— but I was confident enough in myself that I wasn't going to fall. This proclamation of fearlessness is accompanied by a puffed out chest and squared shoulders, my flashy new accessory shining in the afternoon light (for dramatic effect).

She sounds like she just ran a race and is struggling to push the words out, having been scared by my displays of stupidity bravery. "Were you worried about me?" I ask cautiously, eyes growing just a size bigger because I've never encountered a stranger who dare care for me— not even Mother cares for my well being. The scattered scars along my body are grim reminders that in fact Mother is often the cause of my physical injury. The deepest, most recent scars that line my shoulder and flow with my ribs provide further evidence of such— the idea of her caring for my state of being makes me want to burst out into a fit of laughter (which would be inappropriate in front of this scared-to-death girl).

I observe the ebony pegasus, catching the mismatched eyes with what could only be record timing. "Your eyes are different colours." I note, my own bubblegum pink ones darting about the young features that the girl wears (she's actually not much older than me), my ears pricking forward to catch her reaction to me stating the obvious. "How does that happen?" My curiosity gets the better of me, and the question slips past my lips before I can catch it. Perhaps she doesn't even know, and it's pointless to even ask (well, I won't know until she answers). Or maybe she does, and I'm about to learn much more than I'd intended today.

"Talk."
the boy king
image credits

introduces a lowkey het phobic kid to the world

made by reli

tag me in everything