the Rift

[OPEN] Learning from the past [Lesson]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

"Don't you know you're everything I have?"

The first to arrive was Tembovu, his grand form emerging from between the trees. A smile lights up her face at his presence. Happy that despite the face she'd let him down, he'd shown to support her and was even willing to listen. "Yes, of course." The woman welcomed him warmly, gesturing to the empty spaces beside and in front of her. Should he decide to settle there was more than enough room for both of them. "We shall see how many turn up." Golden orbs scanned the trees waiting, part of her wondering if this was about to become a private tutorial. "I know that foals are terribly busy." The doe gave a musical laugh, the sound disappearing into the trees.

There's a sound and Arah's eyes snap to the figure, a filly and her companion arrive. Not wanting to scare her off Arah smiles at the girl, trying to encourage her closer and welcome her into the lesson. Another filly arrives, this one energetic (and thankfully) vocal. Laughing at how the girl had ended up tangled, the doe speaks to her. "Hello, come, come." Arah nods optimistically at the girl with butterfly wings. Gesturing towards the cleared area that she'd chosen. If they needed to rest their little legs this would be a good place to take a break. Two more fillies arrive, one introduces herself as Enyo. This girl appears to know the first filly that had arrived, the doe watches them closely. An icy bolt shoots through her heart as she releases they must be twins, their builds and looks too similar to suggest other wise. The smile upon her face turns slightly, eyes flick momentarily towards Tembovu. The doe does not want him to doubt her ability, now is not the time for her to collapse in front of him. Struggling to gather herself she takes a few deep breaths and is thankfully then saved by a spunky mare entering. At first she is bold, happily ready to take a part in the lesson, before she begins backtracking. "Please, join us." Arah choses to speak, this may be the Elephant King's lands but this was her lesson. She wanted all to fell welcome. The last to arrive is a pink mare, Raeden. "Of course not," she responds inviting the last mare in.

"Thank you for coming and welcome!" Her words are for everyone, eyes studying each in turn. My name is Arah, I'm a sage for The World's Edge. Today I thought we could learn about the past." It was true, a part of her job was to hold lessons like this. Yet so much could be learned from past events, even if you hadn't taken part. Stories were the most powerful teachings of all.

"This lesson we will learn about the most recent events that shaped this herd-land." Arah took a moment to allow her words to sink in, the more serious tone was to let them all know that the lesson was beginning. Nerves rolled through her stomach, it was strange to be the one teaching. Most of her time in Helovia had been spent following and listening to overs. "These events start with a triumvirate." Three leaders who played a role in changing the history of these lands. The doe wondered what that must feel like, to be the ones that had made the decision to leave and take a home from others. Well, she supposed, she'd helped them. "Before Tembovu and Elsa ruled over this land, it was watched by Kahlua, Kaj before Archibald joined them." Her golden eyes glaze towards Tembovu, wondering how much he knew. "As with all," her eyes return to the circle, studying each in turn. "They were strengthened by some traits and weakened by others. Yet each played a crucial part in ruling these lands." Pausing to take a breath she began to call back the memories of her past.

Blood.
Screams.
Explosions.
Africa's face.

"However they were not happy within The Edge. I believe their beliefs, wants and wishes no longer complied with our Goddess and so a decision was made." Not wanting to shine an ill light upon the Goddess the doe glossed over why. "Plans were made and then carefully put into play." The doe's voice grew somber as she remembered the events. "Firstly, a leader of The Hidden Falls named Midas was stolen and hidden away in Aurora Basin. This was done so another could appear as him." She'd known Midas before he'd passed away, they'd been friends. It was strange how things worked out. She remembered speaking to Midas' broken soul while he was held in the frozen prison, the way Thranduil had approached them and gloated. "Then the warfare began. On an afternoon of Tallsun, the mighty Archibald and gentle Kahlua approached The Hidden Falls. To those living within the Falls all appeared peaceful, they do not see the forces lurking in the shadows until it is too late." This was based on what she'd heard in passing, as she'd been lead by Deimos and Ophelia and had not seen the other party until they began attacking. "Archibald called forth the then Carina, Ghost. Meanwhile standing beside him is Thranduil magically appearing as the Czar Midas." This part of the plan had been both sly and cunning, even Arah had been impressed. She'd seen the golden stallion transform back into himself just for a moment before he'd become clad in armour. This had only taken moments after Archibald's war stomp. "With an almighty charge and war stomp Archibald leads the attack, his troops falling into step behind him."

"Unfortunately the Falls were widely outnumbered. You see Lord Deimos and the then Lady Ophelia, lead troops from Aurora Basin into the battle from another hidden entrance." Arah remembered Wynter braiding her hair as she approached land of waterfalls. "They had a guide, a man who had belonged to the Falls but betrayed his herd and helped the attacking forces." She'd not name him, there may be family members of Oxy living in the Edge. This lesson was not to bring ill upon his relatives. "The members of The Hidden Falls were attacked on two separate fronts."

"I also entered the battle. I remember the way it raged on well into the night. Much blood was split and many lives were torn apart that night." Gesturing to the armour that glittered in the rising sun she managed a slightly twisted smile. One day these youngsters might become troops of The Edge, inflicting their own mark upon another's soul. "It's something I hope you never have to see or participate in." Arah's hooves were bloody, there were certain things mere water couldn't wash away. The turmoil she'd felt about attacking had nearly tore her apart and yet she'd still taken part. She'd still caused Africa agony. The black and red feather woven into and hidden away under her mane wasn't a trophy, it was a reminder. "Both sides fought bravely, proudly and gallantly. Although unfortunately it was in vain for The Falls, they were crushed under the numbers of the invaders, ultimately loosing the day." Her voice grew quiet as the story drew to a close. "And so the land of the Hidden Falls welcomed new leaders and The World's Edge was in need of both a herd and leaders..."

Art by Frostie @ DA

- Thank you for the support guys!
- This will be really easy, I plan only only two teaching rounds (including this one) then you can leave or ask questions, anything you like!
- Posting order is a lie.
- My brain is mush, I apologise for how jumbled this is but I can't look at it any longer.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Arah - 04-19-2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Tembovu - 04-20-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Oizys - 04-21-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Laume - 04-23-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Enyo - 04-23-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Roskuld - 04-23-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Raeden - 04-24-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Learning from the past [Lesson] - by Arah - 04-26-2016, 06:26 AM