the Rift

The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Time peels slowly away as the sun chases his lover, the moon, around the earth for two cycles before I feel my mind slide back into my body. Blackened eyelids crusted over with two days worth of staring into an abyss lower and touch as a sigh forces through inky lips. I am no closer to an answer. Thoughts unsettled and refusing to cease their plaguing voices run, soar and plummet in my head and yet I remain shrouded in uncertainty. My brother will follow me wherever I go, or so his lips proclaim, but after searching for him for so long I find myself having trust issues. Fool girl, giving up on your savior? I am right, my thoughts persist. He saved me when he had no reason to and for that I swore silently on a silent hill that I will always find him; give him anything and everything he needs.

The lost little girl in my head speaks once more, Without him, you would have died. Indeed. Without Rift I doubt my current existence. Ears move back to flatten as the argument builds up once more, this time with my stomach rumbling its discontent in unison with a rather parched throat. Head tilts slightly to the side, confused, for the barest of moments. I have not moved from this spot, scarcely blinked, for two days. No sustenance crossed these dark lips and pale teeth.

It is no wonder my mind aches and pains me. Shifting young joints that are surprisingly stiff as though they belong to an elder, I force myself to move away from the small shelter I’ve lived in for days. Cerulean eyes, clouded by fatigue and hunger, seek out the nearest pile of snow as hooves shove it away to reveal a patch of grass not yet entirely dead again from winter’s rewrapping of Helovia. Parts of it are still green from the week of warmer weather and I eagerly sink into the meager meal. Once the patch is left decimated I push my legs into motion a second time; toward the unfrozen section of a creek not far quenching my thirst upon arrival.

Cobwebs begin to clear from my mind as the brightness finds its way back into my eyes. Audits twitch and a black tail flicks at the sound scuffling feet nearby. Curiosity grips me but I refuse to listen until I have completed my usual running through of all possible options and outcomes. Through the naked branches I see a male several inches taller than myself with a strange band around his midsection. Bloody Hell.. The words reach my ears as corners ache to lift in a smile; denied by the rules that govern my life. I allow one small infraction because of the strange band and with eyes burning bright hidden in an otherwise careful mask of neutrality, I break through the hedges separating us and softly find my voice,  “Hmm, not quite hell.”

"speech"

OOC:  Hello!

@Sean

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
RE: The summer's gone, and all the roses falling, - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM