the Rift

The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

I can see the filly’s countenance change swiftly and my heart twinges, snapping out an awkward rhythm until it passes. The same compassion that drew my blackened form closer to the summer’s coat was not found when perhaps it was truly needed and maybe, just maybe, I allowed my own irritations to take the lead. Yes, you were too hard on the child. My mother’s voice chastises me from its place in the deepest recesses of a conflicted mind. Azure eyes continue their study of her innocent face marking the differences between her and I. When she speaks, she apologizes for assumptions that just maybe were not as offensive as I allowed her believe; a heart edged in black twinges once more.  

The child turns and takes off in an impressive display of flight then and I quickly smother thoughts of my own apologies from charcoal lips as eyes are forced to turn away from the night sky. I send my gaze toward the foreign mare and allow those eyes to light a scant amount; truly I prefer not to chase away all those I meet despite my discomfort with crowds. Lips part to softly speak an introduction but a pause fills the space as my peripherals spy the male leaning closer. Elegant muscles not far relaxed instantly hold themselves still as the familiar mask surges to the front where it had been waiting in the wings. Somehow I missed his motions and now see his swirled from much too close to mine. Indeed I stood next to him with the intent to assist…several inches away; an ocean compared to the failing creek now separating us.

His accented tones reach my black peaks reducing the heat of anger building beneath the surface of my skin to a simmer for the time being. Apparently I am alone in my regret of the filly’s treatment. Deciding to forgive his actions in light of how frozen he must be and the lack of actual contact, my attentions are quickly turned back to the mare. Again, before words can fly her way the bizarre stallion shifts to displace the snow gathered on his form sending some of it to splash against me. Cerulean eyes turn emotionless yet piercing; a sharp gaze raking over his now snow free form. Black lids slide closed and my head swings back for a third attempt at addressing the mare while lids slowly open to reveal the scant light’s return from before.

Knowing she seems to not understand the common language the male and I share, a white socked leg lifts up with toe pointed back to myself. “Vu.” I quietly say, not intending to offend if indeed she understands the language but merely wanting her to know my name. Immediately after the name leaves my mouth I hear him announce summer never being so cold and I realize the reason for his lack of winter dress.  Shifting back to the corded beast, I elaborate, forgetting to mask statuesque features. “I am Vu, since you no longer appear to believe me a banshee.” A brief pause while I force chords to remain pleasantly neutral when his gaze holds mine. “It is Frostfall, winter, in Helovia where you now stand. As for a road, there are no paths I have seen large enough to be considered a road.” I allow my voice to trail away then, able but unwilling to say more as I fondly think on the old adage, “A word to the wise is enough”.

The wind dances through then, caressing my flesh with icy fingers and imparting a desire to seek my bed. Not knowing how to convey this longing to the foreign speaking mare, I decide I can wait a little longer until my brain formulates an effective way to communicate. I do not like the idea of leaving her to freeze or find her own shelter in the entrance to Helovia and truthfully wind-proof places are difficult to find in these woods. Cerulean eyes, now carefully encased in neutrality, turn back to him and I force myself to softly say, “You will not survive the night if you do not find shelter soon.” I think on the place I found to stay not far away and begin a silent debate on offering to share it with these two strangers until morning. The mare is sweet to all outward gazes and it is easy to decide on her part; the stallion though is a different matter. His words, though enticingly accented, are confusing and his mannerisms I find utterly lacking but that compassion from before creeps its way into my thoughts. A solitary swish of an onyx tail is the only warning before silence is broken.

“If you do not shower me with snow a second time, you may stay the night with me.” Shrouded eyes seek out both wondering if I leave whether or not the mare will catch on before coming to rest again on his lilac stained pools. He was a fool to move away from the warmth I previously offered and even greater a fool to press closer; seeking more than I can give. Physical touch is lost on this soul having never been embraced or even poked the first two and a half years of my short life. The space I offer will become rather cramped should three of us wait out the night inside it and contact will be difficult to avoid. Carved muscles unfreeze as my control slips and a sliver of a tremor runs the length of my body. He will die, if I do not help. is the mantra I set to replay even as tarnished hope now twinges my heart that maybe tonight I will not be alone. Hmm...loneliness is new.

"speech"

OOC:  

@Sean

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
RE: The summer's gone, and all the roses falling, - by Vu - 04-28-2016, 10:03 AM