the Rift

[PRIVATE] The bigger picture.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
If her story was too much for the girl, Aelin did an excellent job of hiding it. It stretched on and on, the filly seemingly content to listen, only piping up with a question every now and again. It was a strangely cathartic exercise for Sohalia, who had been struggling with so much recently; so, too, she thought it might be good for Aelin. If nothing else, the girl deserved to know about her parents' history. About her mother's history.

When Aelin asked about Gaucho's love life, the ivory dove hesitated. "I know that he has been with others," she admitted after a moment, though she was careful not to reveal too much. It was not her job to reveal Gaucho's unfaithfulness to their daughter, particularly not when she seemed to be in such a fragile mental state. "But love... love is rare, and true love rarer still. Of that, you would have to ask him." Sohalia herself had never asked Gaucho about love - at least, not about any love he had for anyone else. She had always been so focused on procuring his love for herself and only herself that she had never wanted to know about anyone else.

And on and on the story went, twisting and turning until she ended up at the present time. To the mare's surprise, her daughter seemed enthralled by her story, even going as far as to praise the Transcended for trying to be a warrior. A soft chuckled slipped from the mare's mouth then, and she reached for the child to gently ruffle Aelin's forelock with her lips. "I can hardly do anything," she told her daughter ruefully. "But the important thing is to try, Aelin. Always try your best, and never give up." It was cliche, sure, but it was also the truth.

Sohalia watched as her daughter grew quiet, studying the ground beneath her hooves. A slight frown creased the dove's face, growing only deeper as Aelin's voice grew somber and tears leaked from the corners of her eyes. "Oh, ma shekhikhi," the mare crooned softly, reaching to try and pull Aelin under her wing. "I am certain that Hawke didn't leave because of you, my love. Sometimes..." she hesitated, pondering the right words to reassure her daughter. "Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, and then that makes other things change, and we can't really figure out why. But it isn't because of you, Aelin. I promise."

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Aelin

Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
The bigger picture. - by Aelin - 04-19-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: The bigger picture. - by Sohalia - 04-26-2016, 08:13 PM
RE: The bigger picture. - by Aelin - 05-15-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: The bigger picture. - by Sohalia - 05-21-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: The bigger picture. - by Aelin - 07-16-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: The bigger picture. - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:57 PM