the Rift

[OPEN] The Starborn~ [Birthing]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

They were nameless. As she looked at them fondly, wondering what she would call them. Would their names lead them to great destinies? Would they become great leaders, or gentle crafters? Would their names be shouted in celebration, or whispered in infamy? Through her mind whispered the names of so many she had known. Did she want to perpetuate legacies? Would her children believe they needed to live up to expectations?

An ear flicked, and a faint laugh bubbled through her lips. It was a ridiculous thing to get flustered over, and their names would not set any precedent for their futures. "My beautiful son," she began, watching his movements, learning his gait as he teetered towards her. "You need a name." Her head tipped to the side, happiness tugging at the corner of her eyes. She had never named anything before, so this pressure (times two) just added to the entire momentous occasion. "Your name should be something extraordinary. Something strong like a storm, yet warm like a ray of sun." The name came to her, the whisper of a word she had once heard, something mysterious and phenomenal. "Virga," she sighed happily, playing with one of the boy's black ears.

"And you," she crooned, smiling down at the filly, "my wonderful daughter. You were the first one I saw, and you shine brighter than the first star that graces the sky as night arrives. You deserve a name as fitting, as special, as what you remind me of. Vesper." Blue lips pressed a kiss between the soft ears of Vesper, nestled into the messy curls of baby mane.

A noise intrudes on their moment, and her ears twist and muscles tense as silver scanned the treeline. The woman, though a new mother, was still a warrior at heart, and she would not allow anything to endanger the beautiful sparkles that stood by her side. A snort left flared nostrils, and her tail lashed behind her. But as the stranger approached, Ki'irha realized she wasn't a total stranger after all. She visibly relaxed, though the defensive still hovered close under the surface. It wasn't until the butterfly woman mentioned water, that she realized how dry her mouth was. "Yes, water would be appreciated," she smiled, sharing the warm expression with Myrrine before dropping her gaze towards the butterfly-winged filly. So the butterfly woman must have experience with this whole thing, even if she was only ahead by a few weeks. Silver caught hazel, and a small laugh broke through. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you again, but I believe we've met before. We've had similar endeavors in the Threshold. I couldn't possible forget those wings." She looked back to the children, gently nudging them to feed until they had their fill. Looking back to Myrrine, she spoke again. "My name is Ki'irha. And these little ones," she cast a fond look back, "This is Virga and Vesper. They are my first, and probably my only." A chuckle left her lips. "You know, Myrrine, I have only just met them, but I never knew I was capable of loving anyone like this. I didn't know I was capable of loving with such strength and devotion."

She wondered, for a moment, of their father. Would they ever know him? Did he ever wonder if his union with the star girl had created lasting consequences? A sour taste appeared on her tongue at the thought of the word consequence. Usually the word was associated with poor results, but these children were anything but punishment. Mesec was a father, but she wouldn't be surprised if she never saw the moon stallion again. But that didn't matter. Her foals would never think they were missing half of the love they could receive. She would provide them with as much adoration and love as they could ever imagine receiving, and then some.

For a moment in the secrecy of the grove, with no one except Myrrine, the dying moon, and the newborn sun to bear witness, she wanted to make her commitment known. Mesec was a fleeting memory, (though a fond memory, nonetheless), but what he helped her create was eternal.

The blue looked upon them, eyes glittering in the pastel sunlight. She thought of everything her parents were for her, and everything that they weren't. So she made a vow to them, with words they certainly wouldn't understand in the moment, but a promise they would grow to understand. "From this day forward, I live for you. Before this day, nothing mattered. I never mattered. You two are my purpose. My horn will be your sword, and my body will be your armor. Until they day I die, I will protect you and nurture you. You both are the most precious things I have ever known. My love for you is forever, and I will never let a day go by where you question how much I cherish you." She dropped her head, laying a gentle kiss between Virga's ears, before brushing her cheek against the soft fur of Vesper's face.

Leaning back, eyes fell upon Myrrine. "I want to give them the world, but what if I fail?" For the first time since their birth she felt honest concern, and it drew lines across her face. "I'm not sure I know where to go from here. I can protect them, and I can teach them all I know, but what if that isn't enough?" The butterfly woman had a child, perhaps it wasn't her first. Maybe she could help, and calm the soft fears that began to creep into the blue girl's heart.

words

image || table
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Ki'irha - 04-20-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Vesper - 04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Virga - 04-20-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Myrrine - 04-21-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Ki'irha - 04-25-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Vesper - 05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Virga - 05-01-2016, 10:53 PM