the Rift

[OPEN] Any Kind of Beauty

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

She is dark, but not like my father. She stands out in the day even more than I do; no part of her is faded, no part of her dappled like the sea. There's something in the simplicity of her design that appeals to me--something that doesn't immediately put me on the defense.

I greet her hello with the closest I can get to one. As she draws close enough to look in my eyes, and look she does, I turn to do the same. Her blue is one just as deep as my gold--just as deep as the water I once swam across to the end of my best friend.

It is only now, for the first time, that I wonder what would have happened if I'd only stayed at home. It's another stab of regret, another moment of introspection, I remember that my continued existence is not worth the end of hers.

The exhale I have been holding releases, moving towards her when everything else is still. My velvet ears fall back then forward, taking in the sound of her voice. It's so different from Aquila's or my father's, but I can't entirely explain why even in the echoing silence of my own head.

Absently, haunted by old memories that I cannot shake, I step closer to offer her my nose to touch. She's not much bigger than I, despite the fact that she seems a few years older. I don't linger long before moving closer to the water, the hitch in my spine an obvious hindrance as I take even a few careful steps. The water draws me in, sucking at the one fore-hoof I place within its reach. Somehow, I can't decide if I find the endless expanse of the sea to be threatening or welcoming.

I have practiced silence so long
and cannot find a reason to break its embrace now.
milo

image | coding

(Woohoo! Excited. :) Would you mind changing the font or background on your table though? I'm finding the color of the font hard to pick out against the black D: Also no need to tag me, just shoot me a message on skype.)

Messages In This Thread
Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-21-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 06-30-2016, 08:11 PM