[OPEN] Time Gone By

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

oh come forth
into the storm and rout
and be my love in the rain

The Aurelight was not so deeply entrenched in his fight against humanity and mortality any longer. With the removal of his memories, the golden man had achieved a sense of clarity that Other Kaj had clearly been lacking. Nonetheless these questions still existed in his mind, an endless stream of queries left unspoken and unanswered. Though he had not participated in the battle of the Goddess, he was often left wondering what side he would have chosen. Religion simply did not exist in his homeland, the barren waste of earth where he'd taken his first steps. There was only life and death, and your body was dragged far from the herdlands to keep the predators away. This existence of faith still baffled the giant, even more so after the scrying Isopia had led and the Earth God's ominous - but eternally vague - warning. 

Perhaps he simply needed an excuse to track her down, and was merely lying to himself about his motivations. 

Sohalia and Aleta had changed his life for the better, and Kaj intrinsically knew that. He had never loved a creature as deeply as he loved Aleta, and while he could not at the moment feel anything particularly romantic towards Sohalia, he often wondered if he was even capable of fostering such feelings. His heart had undoubtedly been broken, and it was a curious existence that he led - to still avoid the fairer gender instinctively, to feel the ache of hurt in his chest, but to not remember the events that had caused such reactions. 

Did he truly need an excuse to visit a friend in the Throat? He found himself triple guessing over and over, an unnecessary stress as he stared down into a deceivingly peaceful container of tea. Was she even his friend? Did she recall his face, his name? Would he be welcomed at their borders...at her side?

With a soft sigh the giant placed the cap on the container - a small earthen jug of sorts - and pulled the vine he'd attached to it across his shoulders for uninterrupted flight. He was not keen on walking the long distance to the Throat, after all. 

Resplendence had been more than happy to supply him with chamomile, which she claimed was a far better herb to make tea than the peppermint he'd used for the winter festivities. Kaj had grumbled and defended himself good-naturedly; peppermint went perfectly with the sharp chill of winter thank you! Whether Resplendence had any inkling of Kaj's feelings towards the lovely Diviner was unknown. Kaj barely even had a tentative grasp of his own emotions regarding the mare. She was certainly intriguing?

These thoughts accompanied him as he swept down to the borders of the Throat, careful not to jostle the jug perched just behind his left shoulder. Baby blues swept across the sunlit, sparkling waves. Would the inherent magic of Helovia bring her to him, as it so often did despite the vastness of both earth and time? Or would he have to seek her out, prolong his stay in the desert for the sake of her company and wisdom?

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

@Maren

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

The buckskin and teal stallion flew silently over the sands. Ever since he had asked to be a warrior the male had longed to prove himself. He wanted to be the best he could be for the rest of the herd, and himself if he was honest. You see Ilios longed to be a leader on day, or at least a ranked official. The sight of another air born Pegasus drew his mind away from his inward thoughts and dreams. Carefully he made his way towards the horse soaring around the borders. Sharp silver eyes finally made out the coloring and figures of the stallion. KAJ! It was kaj flying over the Throat. Joy surged through him hard enough to make his stomach turn over and a smile to spread over ever feature of his face.

A warm welcoming call sounded from his deep chest. A few more powerful beats of his teal and silver lined wings and he was there. "Kaj, welcome to the Throat!" He smiled brightly at his adopted father, the one that had brought him here and opened his heart to joy. "It's been a very long time sir." His eyes flashed with happiness as he watched the much larger golden stallion. Even though he considered himself an expert flyer talking and hovering was not an easy thing to do. That said, he would do anything to spend some time with Kaj. "How is the Falls doing in this forever long Frostfall?" He was sure Kaj would say all was well, not wanting to show any weakness to someone from another herd.

Remembering his duties he put on a proper voice, but was unable to wipe the excited smile from his face, "Is there something I can help you with? Not that you aren't welcomed here." Bright eyes glanced down at the welcoming ground for a moment. "Maybe we should land, if you need someone I can go and find them for you?" He dipped his head respectfully.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC;  @Maren Thank you both for letting me throw Ilios in here! He'll leave in his next post! <3
Words; 337
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

The saturation of the desert had fallen like waving drapes around her standing figure, loose sand rolling in a wind that was not too hot or too cold against her skin — the pleasant caress went unnoticed by her. Maren's attention was diverted to the sky. Her pearl-white ears folded with newly found intriguement. Eyes were pointing upwards to the rolling clouds that had fallen in the Sun's embrace, high up above. Their lazy puffy shapes were accompanied by shadows too large for any normal bird. Two figures seemed to be about to ascend onto the Dragon's Throat desert sands. The diviner frowned, wondered who - wondered why and for what purpose. She squeezed her gaze to distinguish the details from the blur. For a moment she thought it was Cera that was accompanying Illios. But then she felt a strange jolt flushing her veins. Her eyes followed the golden figure in their questioning state, silent in their growing softness as her frown evaporated in the warmth she felt burning on her skin. Was that Kaj? Had he finally decided he would take her up to her inviting words from back then? No, she swallowed. Too much time had passed for such nonsense to actually be true. So why would the Czar of the Hidden Falls come to the Throat?

She remembered him, shattered in front of the Gods altars, when he had stood unknown as to what he was supposed to do with the faith he did not have a purpose for. He had been so ready to give — had not understood it. Himself. Yet, in all of his own chaos he still attempted to comfort her, as if he thought their hurt to be equally important. It wasn’t, she remembered with a smile. But she still appreciated, hadn't forgotten.

... He must have business to attend to,  she told herself.

... He must be here for Megaera, for some reason feeling a pinch of jealousy.  

... —But I invited him first, she remembered, above all else, the unfairness of the world crawling over her uncomfortably stretched skin. She sighed, then attempted a smile. Her eyes regretful, judging her own stupidity. There was nothing she could do about it now, for who was she, to be arrogant enough to take faith in her own hands?

Her long ivory mane swept around her while her wings attempted to stay still beside her cheeks, wind flushing through the feathers that lay outstretched on the current, welcoming the two who had set hoof on the sand. Yet, she wished ignorantly and selfishly that she could just leave them be, return to her boat and curl up next to Mr. Teatime to sleep until dawn; forgetting all about the shadowy figures in the sky until the core of her stupidity had vanished once more.

Since when have I become so weak?

The wind filled with cloudy pockets of sand brushed against her back, pushing her towards them and her hooves let them as they moved themselves through the mull grounding. Her gaze found the ivy-marked stallion, she smiled, her gaze collected and calm. Showing interest. “Ilios, I see you’ve brought someone with you,” In the name of her better judgement she kept her words to a few, let her mind sit out this waiting game. She raised her eyebrows in amusement, preparing to hide her emotions underneath. “Kaj,” she welcomed with a smile that was somewhat softer than the ones she normally offered. Maren’s golden eyes flickered with a questioning shimmering. She was comparing his current gaze to the one from back when they had met before the shrines; the one she had watched attempting to detain the storm that had raged within. “You look good,” she finally said. Her outlandishly tuned words were soft, leaving a trail of something else in the air. Expectations, perhaps. Or maybe she was silently telling him, whatever he was supposed to be doing here, it wasn't too late to take her up on her invitation. Her attention wandered to the baggage he carried around his shoulder, but decided that if she would ask and it was business, a trade of some sort, she wasn't interested in knowing anyway.

Image Credits

@Kaj !
Please tag me 

oh come forth
into the storm and rout

It is not a patrol that comes to intercept him as he is lowering himself through the clouds, though he would have welcomed them kindly. In fact it is a familiar face, grown and changed but with the same eyes and smiling mouth Kaj remembered. A fond, affectionate smile crawls across his own lips, eyes soft and tender as they gaze down upon the boy turned man. His name and a greeting came tumbling out in an excited jumble, and Kaj could still see the exuberant colt hiding within the skin of this grown stallion. They grow up so fast, he mused with a sigh and an internal shake of his head. Already he could see Aleta growing up, sparks dancing across her skin like a livewire, mismatched eyes alive with light and joy. She would grow to make a beautiful mare, and he prayed to be around to see it. At least he was here to see Ilios, fully grown and comfortable in his skin. That meant the world to him already.

"Ilios," he greeted warmly in return, pumping his wings to reach forward and brush his muzzle against the boy's, if he would receive it. "Don't call me sir," he rumbled out on a laugh, the idea preposterous when he'd practically helped raise the kid. Before he deigned to answer any questions he took the moment to glance down towards the earth and the waiting sand as Ilios mentioned it. "That would probably be best for my old bones," Kaj teased, letting his wings release their resistance and spiraling in loose circles down to the sand with a solid spray. The jug battered his shoulder, liquid sloshing inside, as he adjusted his sore shoulders and turned to face Ilios. 

"The Falls is well," he commented vaguely, if only because he had no desire to speak of his herd in that moment. It was sad that he generally didn't want to at all anymore, and while his plan was shapeless and vague, he knew something had to be done about that soon. He could not live in this purgatory of regret and apathy any longer, and something would have to give. But now, here upon these sandy, sunny shores, it was not the time to be lingering upon bitterness and lost dreams. Not when his adopted son stood glowing and healthy before him, truly happy. His choice to go to the Throat had clearly been the right one, and Kaj was happy for him. 

"I was actually looking for -" and the words halt in his throat as she walks up, emerging from the sunlit horizon as if called to him by the placement of her name in his mind. His tongue goes dry, watching her approach with her pale locks draping attractively across her shoulders, odd little wings rustling behind her ears. All paling in comparison to the sharp gold of her eyes, silencing and swallowing any words he was hoping to speak. Had it truly been so long? She had seemed different in the Veins, less imposing with her barbs and burned skin. Here, she was regal, and he felt just as much cowed by her presence as enraptured by it. She spoke his name, a beacon of clarity in the murk of the world and his own emotions. Blue eyes softened alongside her own, the handsome curl of his smile gentle and almost secretive. " - Maren," he finished, transferring her name along his tongue into a proper responsive greeting. 

Her compliment twisted around the curves of his ribs like flowering vines, tickling joyously every soft spot inside of him. He supposed he did look good, in comparison to the last state he'd been in before her. Kaj dipped his head humbly beneath the weight of the rare compliment, tucking it away into his memories, folding it like an origami crane to hang upon his heart. "You look beautiful," Kaj murmured softly, unapologetic in his bold choice of words. "I'm glad the burns have healed," he noted, and perhaps a playful glint sparked in his eyes as he said it, remembering the doubtful purse of her lips and his own green-stained muzzle. It had worked, had it not?

Eyes flickered to Ilios with an apologetic smile; he would make sure to visit the boy again before he left. "I was looking for Maren, actually," he clarified apologetically. "We can speak before I leave? I have missed you," he said softly, not wanting to chase Ilios away but hoping for the privacy it would afford him, just in case he made a fool of himself. His smile as he turned back towards Maren was playful, but it quickly crumpled into something shy and almost boyish as he gestured to the earthen jug at his shoulder. "I brought you something," he clarified, and if he were capable of it his cheeks would be hot with an embarrassed blush. Gritting his teeth around the thick vine the stallion hefted it from his shoulders, settling it with a thud into the sand before languidly stretching and rolling his shoulders now that the weight was gone. "I remembered how much you liked the tea at the winter festival, so..." taking a quick breath lest he embarrass himself further with his hesitancy around the imposing woman, Kaj pulled the top off and a small billow of steam escaped, wafting the smell and tickling his nares. Setting the lid down between his hooves, Kaj smiled up from beneath his forelock at the Diviner, hoping for her approval.

"Resplendence said it's chamomile, not peppermint this time. I hope that doesn't matter?" Gods what was he, a colt with his first crush? Kaj had always prescribed to the courting method of his homeland, but even back then he had fumbled his way shyly through the process. It was nice to see time couldn't change some things. Or it would be nice if he wasn't so terribly nervous. 

Image Credit

@Ilios and @Maren

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

A smile spreads brightly over his face as he gazes at his adopted father, his former ruler. He knew Kaj wasn't a spring chicken anymore, but the stallion still looked just as fit as ever. His light golden body was still taught with muscle, his blue eyes bright as ever. Ilios would always be in debt to this great and wise man, no matter what he said. Kaj had saved him when he needed it most. He hadn't been in mortal peril, not in the physical sense anyway. Kaj had shown him the light, that there was hope and happiness. When his name rolled from Kaj's lips his smile softened warmly. He accepted the tender touch readily bumping the offered muzzle back. Laughter rolled from his own lunges as the stallion told him not to call him sir. "You know I can't help it Kaj. It's my duty and honor to call you by your name, the occasional sir wont hurt anything." He laughed brightly silver eye winking playfully.

His smile changed to a cheeky grin as he followed the stallion slowly downwards. Black hooves sent up four puffs of sand as he hit the ground, sending vibrations up his joints. Shaking his large teal and silver lined wings out he turned to Kaj smiling once more. Kaj said just what he had assumed he would making sure not to go into to much detail either way. He nodded his horned head warmly, "How is my sister? I've been meaning to visit her for a while now." His thoughts turned to his little sister for a moment before he shoved the memories away. Silver eyes caught sight of the package strapped to the stud's shoulder. His head tilted curiously, but he bit his tongue. If it was important he was sure Kaj would say something to him. Maybe it was a trade, or just a simple gift.

Ears prick forward as he begins to speak again, but when the words stop he turns to see who has appeared. Thick neck bent silver eyes find the pretty tiger stripped diviner striding towards them. His head dips low in respect for the beautiful white and orange mare. He heard Kaj finish who he was looking for in a more polite voice he had given Ilios. Turning his head back to Kaj he smirked playfully for a moment before straightening out his features to a pleasant smile. "Hello Maren, it's a pleasure to see you again." He stepped back allowing her more room within their circle. He was sure Kaj was not here for something herd related, but on matters of the heart. He was already bracing to leave the pair alone, but didn't want to interrupt their greetings.

The stallion stood silently as they spoke back and forth. 'I need to learn to pay more attention, I had no idea she had been burned.' Instead of asking the stallion watched the two silently still smiling warmly. It was hard not to smirk at the two, or giggle like a little filly. When Kaj finally turned to him the younger stallion smiled up at the male. "No need to explain Kaj." He smiled softly and dipped his head. "Well, it looks like Miss Maren found you instead." His silver gaze turned towards the pretty mare with a bright smile. "I would enjoy that very much, but if it ends up being to late, I'll come and visit you." He dipped his head to the pair respectfully. "It was nice to see you both, and I hope to see you again soon Kaj." With that he turned and left fighting laughter until he was well out of ear shot.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC;  @Maren Ilios is out! You can just assume he stays long enough to hear what they ahve to say to him <3 Thanks again!
Words; 615
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

In the safety of her home she felt her comfort fade, felt useless and… impatient. That made something In the back of her mind laugh, finally corrupting the stillness and quiet. Slashing wakes through the tranquility of her mind — a disruption she could almost say she had been waiting for (it had only been a matter of time). My God, are you witnessing the tragedy that I have found myself in as well?
Was He witnessing the idiocy, the nonsense of this mortal life that she had to endure?

That she put herself through?
Willingly… ?

He greeted her on his turn, cheekily smiling back at her. His blue gaze soft in the unbroken silence of her golden eyes. Once more she wondered what he wanted. Something besides spreading slightly frustrating thoughts and questions in her mind. His words broke the polite formality that she had tried to hold on to.

“You look beautiful.”

Her inner-ego gasped at this, sat back as it had to think this through before taking another breath. What could she do with words like these? For once she did not know what to reply with except an intense, questioning glare that was now burning her eyes. In it also hiding a flame of confusion. After all, she looked how she had always looked; her hide constantly dusty with the golden sand from the roaming dunes, her scent a mixture of fire and salt. Her too long, ivory mane draped in shimmering locks from the cold seawater she bathed in, tangled from the wind. Maren blinked a few times while she realized what he was saying… — And she realized what he was saying. Nobody in Helovia had ever told her she looked beautiful before.

The wind flushed through the feathers of her wings. Her eyes slipped to Ilios and back to Kaj, she felt strangely embarrassed. This was how rumors started, she reminded herself. It’s the seabreeze, she wanted to tell him, but another part, a bigger part, did not agree. “Thank you,” she said with a soft voice after a pause, accompanied by a growing smile.

Yet, being who she was, she still wondered; kept trying to find that underlying intention, reasons… the purpose of the interest gleaming in his blue eyes — Before she had to (again) realize Kaj might just not be like the others. The memory of Kaj’s green nose fluttered back into her memory with his words. He could be someone that truly cared. The mare huffed out a laugh, her eyes slowly starting to smile as well. The fabricated calm that had lain on her expression started to finally sink into sincerity. “Yes, it truly worked wonders. Your medic must be very wise,” dipping in appreciation. Ilios was still standing there with a devious expression on his boyish face. Although she did not know the connection between the two, she sensed that there was something. But Maren got distracted from the thought as her ears poked upwards when the Aurelight mentioned her name. He had been looking for her, she mused to herself happy like a twittering songbird while the two made arrangement to meet up before Kaj left.

She didn’t really care to listen to this, until Ilios’ suspiciously cheerful voice was mentioning her name once more. His words were echoing in her head as her eyes squeezed themselves to questioning slids, and she could suddenly only think one thing: RUDE. Maren’s golden gaze shot to his sparkling silver ones, her own now a dangerous glare. She pulled up her neck, ears folding back as she talked in a slightly threatening tune. Hoping to remind him of her higher rank before he would spill unnecessary words to the whole herd. But he was already running off, laughing in the wind as he left. “OI —” She screamed after him. “KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT —” the diviner attempted half, now aware that Kaj and herself were alone and thus decided to give up on teaching Ilios to keep shut on delicate matters. "That bastard..." Her gaze wandered from the slowly vanishing pickle of the horned pegasus back to Kaj. She relaxed again, smile returning as her ears curling towards him. The warm breeze that rushed through had her in its grip, her gaze following the following words about tea towards his peculiar bag like a cat following the scent of fresh fish. “Ooooh!” she sang with surprise as she gracefully did a step forward, closer to Kaj, tail swaying lightly behind her lean body. Intrigued she sniffed the mouth-watering fumes that were entangled with the steam coming from the earthenware jug he had carried with him. As both Ilios had gone and the cards had been played, Maren’s gaze didn’t hesitate to throw her gleaming eyes at him, her lashes fluttering thankfully. “I do like tea”, which was of course the understatement of the year, but she was not about to scare him away after he had come this far. “I’m sure I’ll love it, since your talented medic has already proven her knowledge once before,” she laughed. But while she said it she suddenly realized that he had mentioned her before and something about that kind of irritated her. As if wanting to demolish that thought, she moved to touch his nose. “That’s nice of you to remember. It must have been heavy to cary that all the way here,” the gold of her eyes clear again as she reminded again that it didn't matter who else had Kaj's attention. “I think the oasis will be crowded this time of day. Would you like to sit on the beach instead?” She started walking (having made the decision for him apparently) throwing back her neck to look at him. “I always find the sound of the sea very calming,” Maren confessed with a smile.

Image Credits

LOL
@Ilios xD
@Kaj sorry for the wait ; v ; Didn't expect to suddenly be out of it for so long
Please tag me 

oh come forth
into the storm and rout

The flush of her cheeks is not visible beneath the pale softness of her fur, but she displays her embarrassed pleasure in the flicker of her colorful orbs, the demure smile that blooms like a desert wildflower on her pretty face. Ilios' presence does not bother him, for even if the boy uncharacteristically let such information fall from his tongue, Kaj would be unbothered by the idea of expressing favoritism or affection towards a mare from another herd. Once upon a time he had lived here even with the Edge's title tied to his name. Such metaphysical borders did not present to him any sort of challenge or dissuasion. If he found Maren beautiful and intriguing, well, he did. He would not hide that sort of expression from her for the sake of propriety. Otherwise how could he claim to feel any affection for her sincerely, if he was too cowardly to risk his name and title in the pursuit of honesty? 

Instead, his pleasure at her acceptance manifested in a handsome smile, eyes warm and sparkling like the bright, shallow waters of the ocean nearby. "You're very welcome," he rumbled pleasantly, wings unconsciously spreading and preening at his sides in delight at her acceptance of his compliment. Her laughter was merely the icing on the cake, a beautiful sound that only had his smile stretching wider, his own low chuckle emanating at the ridiculous memory. He had appeared quite ridiculous with his stained nose and coated whiskers, but at least she had been privy to the truth of his personality rather than some macho exterior crafted for the sake of impressing her. That wasn't really Kaj's style in the first place. 

Ilios' question garnered a soft, regretful look. "I'm afraid I haven't seen much of her, liefje. Perhaps you should come and visit her soon," he advised softly, worry creasing gently in the corners of his eyes. He worried for Areli, for the absence of both her idol of a brother and the supportive force of her mother's presence. She did not deserve such abandonment, though perhaps that was too strong of a word to be fair to Ilios or Parelia. But he knew she must be lonely, and wished she felt she could come to him rather than hiding away in the shadows of the leaves. 

Luckily before the mood could turn too somber, Maren's pleased compliment towards Resplendence redirected both he and his mood. 

"Is this where I say I told you so?" he teased with a playful grin and a wink, a chortle humming in his golden throat. Kaj remembered distinctly the grumbled doubt on Maren's behalf that evening, and intended to tease her with the fact that despite the messy nature of the salve, he had still been correct. 

Of course this is where Ilios took his teasing departure, and Maren exploded into noise, her accent thick as she shouted after him indignantly. Kaj couldn't help it, he laughed loudly at her flaming passion and brutal honesty. It was endearing and delightful to see a stronger, unapologetic side to the prim and proper maiden. She certainly deserved the title of a tigress, and yet she became as tame as a kitten the moment her delicate nares scented the tea being uncorked. He nearly expected her to begin purring, which was a rather amusing notion. For a moment she received a backwards revenge, a flush appearing unto Kaj as she gazed up at him betwixt long pale lashes, eyes glimmering like the Mediterranean sea. 

His mouth seemed uncomfortably dry for a moment, but Maren blessedly provided a welcome distraction as she went sauntering down the beach (he would deny that he looked but really, even Kaj could not refrain from such a sight). "I knew it would be worth it if I could steal you away from your duties for a few moments," he confessed, crooked smile returning to his handsome face as he capped the jug once more and shouldered it to follow her down the sandy bank. The ocean was different here than the Edge, and far quieter than the Falls' cascading rivers. He sank upon the clay, depositing the jug between them and inviting her beside him with a gesture of one large wing. 

"When I lived in the Edge, I would stand on the cliff just to listen to the waves crashing against the rocks," he admitted with a nostalgic smile, eyes a bit wistful as Kaj stared into the ocean before them. "But the quieter waves here are far more soothing. Perhaps we can go for a swim after we've had our tea?" Pale blue eyes cast themselves over at the beautiful Diviner, a boyishly shy smile pulling on dark lips. Was she catching on to the subtle courting he was engaging her in? Was she aware of how intriguing and captivating he found her? Kaj was not sure which answer he desired most in that moment, but with how intelligent the maiden was, he doubted he would be able to hide his intentions from her for long. 

Image Credit

@Ilios briefly and @Maren

Sorry for the wait right back at ya D: vacation sucked up so much of my time!

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

She felt the sea breeze jump to her skin as she turned her body towards the wide open ocean, her hoofs wandering the shoreline with Kaj following in her path. She looked over her shoulder, happy to see him glancing at her with the big jug strapped over his shoulder, holding their afternoon tea save in its earthenware grasp. She had let her guard down for his stormy blue gaze and boyish smile and felt a newly acquired comfort in its company. His frankness and gentlemanly manner had worked its way to the thumping of her heart, was perfectly moved by it. For the first time in forever she genuinely wanted him to know that she cared about his gesture of sharing tea, of him seeking her out in a way no horse had done before.

Having found a spot to sit, Kaj was sitting himself down on the thick sand. Noticing it, she stopped her pace and turned her body back to him in a lighthearted manner, swishing her tail expectantly behind her. She mused in thought that he was silently deciding to choose the spot they were going to sit, like she had decided that they were to have tea on the beach. She watched him drop down and release the strap from his shoulder as she distractedly remembered his slightly flushed expression. Her lips were still entangled in a smile, her eyes fluttering like the reflections of the ocean. Its sound were rousing in her ears when Kaj spread out his wing to ask her to join him. But in the split second that she hesitated, she felt insecure about getting too close to him — which was totally unnecessary, but showed in her expression in that same, petite timeframe. But it was just a… a date, it wasn’t anything serious and he surely knew that, as well. Yet, he had almost already proven his commitment with the tea he brought and that scared her. She looked at his outstretched wing; palomino feathers shimmering in its golden shine. Finally, his warmth was what drove her, seemed to almost radiate like diamonds; valuable and dear, something that would not ask of her to do something different, but to come closer.

It was a childish love she felt — wanted to feel; one without the angst and reality she felt was better left behind. Something to just get lost in, even if only for those few moments that Kaj had promised to steal her away.

It finally made sense to her to put herself down next to him, sinking in the clay while veiling the tendency to crawl underneath the wing he had stretched out for her; cloaking the impulse to fold all of its shimmery feathers around her, one by one, pulsing to observe each and every imperfect vein and unevenness of each feather, to feel smooth warmth jostle around her in her cuddling comfort. Instead she smiled at him, serenely and warm.

The jug sat between them, opened and well, and she reached out with her nostrils to the damp that was erupting in clouds. Once more she smelled the incredibly soothing scent that was said to be chamomile. She had her eyes closed, listening to the sea as well as Kaj’s soothing, nostalgic voice as she breathed, filling her spirit with what could be described as a perfect sensation of the senses. She peeked through her lashes. His romanticized picture of the World’s Edge intrigued her and she noticed his eyes drift. “I love swimming,” she mused contently as she went ahead to dip her nose into the jar, trying not to feel like her nose would get stuck in the opening, even though it was wide enough. The tip of her nose touched a surface and, with her lips folding around the liquid, she took a mindful sip. She let it wander through her system. “Oooooh!” It echoed for the tiniest moment that her nose hadn’t yet come out of the jug. “It is so good!” her eyes were wide as she looked at Kaj in wonder. “The fumes are so mesmerizing, the taste so delicate,” she complimented while preparing to take another sip, after which she finally let Kaj have a taste. If only the mists that she created could have these fumes! If only they tasted as nice as this chamomile tea! She had genuinely forgotten about any cuddly desires that had been provoking her just a moment before. Thinking about her own magic made her remember what Kaj had said moments ago. “I was under the impression that the World’s Edge was mostly covered in mist,” she questioned thoughtfully, never having seen cliffs of any sort, just the white haze that she had been perfectly comfortable and familiar with. “It sounds like a place I would love to live. You see, I actually enjoy the mist and fog that surrounds the place and it sounds like there would be water nearby to dock my boat...—” Suddenly she noticed his pale blue eyes resting on hers, smiling his boyish smile. She looked at him, alarmed. “What?” She asked a bit concerned. One of the longer feathers of her small, ivory wings was already reaching out to her nose to wipe away any spots that could have possibly stained her coat. “Is there something on my face?”

Image Credits

@Kaj
Please tag me 

oh come forth
into the storm and rout

The tables had been turned as she led him down the coastline towards the sea foam and salted breeze. She was his Orpheus, and he her willing Eurydice, hoping for freedom from his shackles in the form of her retreating back. A promise out of this pit of Tartarus, a prison for the wicked and the cruel, tearing the feathers from his wings to leave him flightless in his despair. Yet here she was, a breath of reassurance, and while the only wings she held were attached lovingly to her delicate visage, she still lifted him upon the currents of her company high above the turmoil of his daily life. He had first experienced this feeling when they'd met in the Veins, and it was what had drawn him back to her in the end. A willing, tamed beast chained only by the playful look in her eyes and the fire in her smile. 

Kaj had no issue with following her lead in this manner, well aware of the fact that he was still nothing more than a visitor in her lands. He gazed up at her with a twinkling, playful gaze, trying not to grin as she flicked her tail and cocked her hip down at him. Kaj could play this little game, and he quite enjoyed playing it with her. Though she seemed to agree on his silently proffered middle ground; she had her view, he had his comfortable spot. For a moment he felt at home, here on the beautiful golden sand with the sun he so embodied warming the expanse of his wings. A gentle sea breeze tickled pale tresses against his neck, and Kaj had to consciously remind himself that this was not his home. And unfortunately that was a fact that could not change, not for quite some time nor without a drastic change in his lifestyle. But gazing upon Maren's skin awash in golden sunlight as her knees folded delicately beneath her, he wondered if that would be such a bad thing. 

It was a terrifying thought, for while he could not remember those who had shattered his heart previously, the awareness of the fact it had happened still remained. Even the gauze-covered emptiness of taken memories could not hide from Kaj the full reality of all he had suffered. And he felt as if he still barely knew Maren, which was understandable considering they had only met twice before. Nevertheless he still felt an inexplicable draw towards her guiding light, and for a ship as lost and lagging as Kaj, that was undeniably valuable. Enticing, perhaps. He desired her mind, her knowledge, the light accent of her words, the spitfire of her personality he'd glimpsed as she'd shouted at Ilios. He wanted so badly to unravel her, travel the labyrinthine structure of her personality. Truly know her. She was just so...interesting. Perhaps this day would shed light on the soul that lay pulsing in her breast. 

Kaj gently reached to brush his primary feathers against her flank in quiet pleasure as she lowered herself beside him, happily retracting his wing rather than forcing her beneath the shade of it. As Maren leaned in and inhaled the fragrant fumes, the Aurelight chuckled throatily and gazed across the sparkling water. Was the Throat always so beautiful? He never seemed to visit in the colder seasons, had only known the sun and sand in his visits. "The water must be far warmer here than in the Falls," he noted pleasantly. Cornflower blue gems turned to regard Maren as she took her first sip, a deep, almost primordial pleasure twisting in his chest as she voiced her distinct pleasure. He had satisfied her, and so in turn he was also satisfied. 

"Is it?" And so he craned his neck to mimic her, mindful to sip gently at the surface, letting the fragrant, subtly sweet concoction roll on his tongue before swallowing. The golden hummed pleasantly and smiled as he retreated. "Far milder than the peppermint tea!"  he noted with wide, captivated eyes. This was far more fun than he had expected, trying out different mixtures of herbs. "You may have doomed me, miss Maren," Kaj teased with a grin. "Now I want to explore how many ways you can make tea." Perhaps she would aid him in that endeavor? If she could bear his presence in such continuity of course. 

His eyes grew a bit distant as he smiled wistfully, recalling a mist-covered landscape and dark silhouetted trees. "Yes, the Edge is famous for its mists. It's quite heavy, but it fades out near the cliffs where the trees do not shelter it from the sun. The world falls away into ocean, a straight drop to the water. It's where the Edge received its name, I suppose." Despite the iconic mists, the ledge - accessible generally only by the herd- was still the prevalent landmark for the area. "So the water is unfortunately not easily accessible by hoof," he murmured apologetically, though he carefully labeled every bit of information she'd just shared with him, cherishing it. But as he turned to her, he could not help but stare. His gaze lingered far too long for propriety's sake, and Maren was far from an oblivious creature. Kaj ducked his head in brief embarrassment, but he gazed at her from beneath a pale cloud of lashes nonetheless, smiling boyishly. 

"No, dear. You've nothing unsightly on your face. I'm afraid I was staring for quite the opposite reason." She was crafted so finely, and while Kaj had never seen a pegasus with wings positioned the way they were on Maren, he found them so deeply endearing it was embarrassing. Especially the way she self-consciously used the dexterity of her smaller wings to try and brush an invisible substance from her pale face. "I would apologize, but I have a feeling you enchant far more than me on a daily basis," he teased, a quirk of play twisting on his lips, foxlike slant of his eyes hooding gleaming orbs. Kaj leaned forward to sip some more at the tea, allowing Maren time to compose herself or level a comeback at him if she so desired, wondering where his boldness was coming from. He couldn't help but be playful with her, equally wanting to tease her as much as he wanted to shelter and delight her. 

"You mentioned a boat. What is that? I'm afraid I don't know much of architecture, I came from a very primordial land. I would love to see it," he confessed, both out of curiosity regarding this new word and object and out of a desire to see the vessel she clearly held great pride and affection for, if the way she'd spoken of it had been any indication. 

Image Credit

@Maren

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

”The water must be far warmer here than in the Falls,”

When she had stumbled into the Hidden Falls by accident she had been ill with the black sludge. Then, the water hadn’t felt like anything in particular on her coat; no cold, no warmth, no pleasure, no pain. As if she hadn’t been supposed to feel it, but rather smell it, or look at it to decide if it even had a temperature. So she wouldn’t know, yet; she nodded, assuming the way Kaj told it it was probably snowmelt — hoping that Kaj didn’t notice how she had rolled her eyes away from him, seeing as she realized once again that he had been lead when she had infiltrated his herd-land without permission. The embarrassment she felt for such an out of character thing... It felt slightly too real with him here up close.  

As intrigued as she had been with the harmony dancing on her taste buds, he was voicing his thoughts about the tea now as well. She smiled at him, wings shuffling in amusement, a giggle pushing against the opening of her throat as if it wanted out. She left it with the classic smile, kept her elegance composure in the midst of fluttering lashes, her childish manifestations hidden and forgotten; she was a proper dam. Sometimes she forgot that — Sometimes it was nice to be reminded. She was reminded now, here next to him; the feathers of Kaj’s wigs brushing her skin. She listened to his conclusion on the taste and laughed in agreement. He was like a performer; front lit and shining in his suit of perfect perfection and boyish grins as he entertained and threw roses into the crowd. She was the crowd. Enchanted. “It is,” Mild, like the spring breeze, like the curving of wakes and the flowing of water. She closed her eyes and inhaled the smell once more. “Hmmm, I think it might just be rather calming to the mind. I tend to think a lot, you see,” Too much. Even about useless things, although she would not ever admit that — Enough to go mad one day, she assumed in the quiet of her secrecy. “...Whereas peppermint tea does the opposite.” It spiced up her thoughts, like an eruption of a volcano, creating new islands as it flows. Awakened her.

Kaj’s teasing grin appeared again, the one she was slowly growing familiar with, perhaps too familiar, because his joke flew right over her winged head. Her gold eyes widened in surprise as she looked at him in question, her ears folded towards him with a sense of shock. Doómed?! She repeated in dramatic surprise. “I hope not," her words reflecting the little hurt she felt in careful sounds, trailed by an uncomfortable laugh. She would much rather be a savior to him, or a blessing — Or was that arrogant, perhaps too pretentious for her to think? Anyhow, it was a very confusing thing of him to say to her religious face. Behind Maren’s golden eyes her thought process still danced around the word doomed, but Kaj mentioned how he’d like to explore the world of Tea and this, of course, brought her back on their main point of conversation and she couldn’t help but tell him about this Johnny from the Aurora Basin, who had peppermint-flavored mane and tail. Perhaps one day Kaj could help her persuade Johnny to donate some of his splendid hairdo for their (m-)tea-ningful and essen-tea-al cause. Kaj in turn told her more about the World’s Edge. She nodded, intrigued, to the origin of the herd-land’s name and let out a disappointed sigh when he mentioned how the water wasn’t directly accessible from the place itself. Perhaps one day she would take the coastal route and visit the place to see if it was true.  

”I’m afraid I was staring for quite the opposite reason — I would apologize, but I have a feeling you enchant far more than me on a daily basis.”

His teasing, flirtatious poetry that he had mastered seemingly so well, had tangled itself in something else. A joke... but rather a question. He might have found that, even for him, this game of provoking and seducing could only go on so long until he had to shake his deck of cards. She sensed it through the canyons of his handsome voice and the glittering stars in his eyes. She gave a teasing smile in return, then brushed her velvet nose gently over his gold cheek and whispered rather low: “...Then I must keep enchanting you.”

Architecture, she smiled, liking the way he spoke about the vessel she had found half rotten and wasting away on the bottom of the river. “A boat is a vessel that can carry you on water.” She said it quickly, not hiding her enthusiasm for his piked interest. (As much as a dam she pretended to be, when it came to her toys she was still a child.) “I secured mine close by here — I’ll show you!” Maren jumped up hastily.  

He would love to see it, she repeated in her head, thrilled. It was like getting a dog to show them their toy.

With a spring is her step she followed the coastline once more until a bunch of rocks appeared, together with the swaying silhouette of the old boat. Salty water splashed around her ankles as she pulled the vessel on its chain upon the sandy shoreline for Kaj to see. She looked at it, her ivory wings happily flapping beside her cheeks, totally forgetting all the chemistry she had felt pounding in her veins moments before. It was as if she was a youngster all over again, talking about the best flying methods and wind patterns to soar for the longest, most effortless time.

“So when I found it, it was terribly beaten. Duckweed, water plants, snails, leeches — Everywhere. Miraculously, the wood was still usable after a good scrub, and the stems were fine too, but the support was baaad, so I had to repair it. Luckily, I was able to do so with enough metal and strengthen the keel. There were also theses strange planks taking up space in the tub, which were pretty useless, so I removed them. It can easily carry two horses’ weights, but I wouldn’t dare add a third. Mr. Teatime is the exception, since he provides an excellent ballast to keep the gutter steady in the heavier weather conditions.” She nodded. “Of course there is always room for improvement, I am planning to do some experimental strengthening with sticky tar and fur. Got to keep up with the maintenance ya know, HA-HA,” she roared as if it was the greatest joke she’d ever made. While striking away a tear with one of her feathered fingers, her golden, shimmering eyes trailed the curling stem, plankwork and deep vee of the gutter with more love than she would ever look at anything else. “Its name is The Flying Dutchman,” she announced proudly, though almost out of breath from all the fast-paced talking.  

Image Credits

@Kaj Sorry that she is such a weirdo—and this is such a bad post xD BUT AT LEAST ITS HERE
Please tag me