[PRIVATE] Love ain't for us, We crave a different type Buzz
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
So.

Socializing when you had nothing to hide behind—purpose, role, duty, whatever—sucked. It was like having someone rip the carpet out from underneath him all the time.

He already knew all that, of course. He hadn't lived for nearly thirteen years and learned nothing. (He had lived nearly thirteen years and learned ..well, but a fraction of all there was to know, a thin, slim sliver, like a distant glimmer of sunlight behind snow-clouds.)

No, it was her words. "Do not look so tense, I feel like you think I am judging you Mauja." Like being slapped in the face with a cold, wet fish, all damp and clammy and full of little scales getting into your eyes, your nose, your mouth. He didn't blame her keen eye for having seen the tension in his shoulders and spine, or at least having seen it leave him, but he blamed her for the too-accurate guesswork. He didn't need anyone jumping to conclusions and guessing his state of mind. There was a reason he had for so long practiced the art of hiding what he felt: to avoid someone knowing his mind.

"I'm always nervous around strangers," he replied with blunt honesty, unaware that it might insult a herd-mate to call them a stranger. But, that was how he was—when he wasn't speaking silence, he spoke the truth. He had no need for lies anymore. He had no need for deceit, beyond the game he played with his body.

But her guesswork had stolen some of the warmth from him.

With words of explanation about her doings she turned her back on him, retracing her steps through the disturbed, bloodied snow towards the glittering pile of shards. "Noble," he said, lightly, long pale trail dragging through the snow as he took a few curious steps after her. "It seems a never-ending work." The glass tinkled as the last shard joined its kin, kicked into place by the pale mare. She turned her head to face him again, and the sunlight glowed upon her forelock and back.

"Bothering me?" he replied with slight bewilderment, fighting down the urge to pounce on the opportunity to leave this awkward meeting behind. "I'm the one who stumbled over you, you're the one who can lay claim to being 'bothered'. But, as for your question, I have lived here for, oh.. one and a half year now, maybe?" And for a year a long, long time ago. He had been the first King of this land after the long, bloody war, but it was something best left unsaid. His tail flicked, once. "And you?"

[ @Raeden ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Love ain't for us, We crave a different type Buzz - by Mauja - 07-06-2016, 12:07 PM