the Rift

Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux]

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Roux & Edison
And after all we've been through

Joy rushed through my veins. So much joy it was nearly overwhelming. Maybe elation was a better word for the chemical imbalance that was wrecking havoc through my bloodstream as muscles screamed with under use while I crashed through the sand, slipping slightly as the ground beneath me gave way. A tinge of pain tweaked through my left forelimb as it took all my weight and bore down against the unsteady terra, but the pain was easily masked by the excitement that seemed to be bouncing off of every single nerve ending in my lean frame.

I wouldn't have noticed that the antlered creatures had ran off, as I lunged forward at the trio, if it weren't for their heavy breathing a couple of yards off down the beach in opposite directions. Dark tipped ears flicked around, confused by the sudden movement of the deer, but from what I could tell the black and white steed hadn't yet moved. "Odd." I half thought to myself, half allowed the thought to trickle down the mental bond that connected the bird of prey and myself. Blocking out the feeling of wind through feathers for a moment I focused instead on everything that was going on around me, inky lips parting slightly as the salty air crashed into my pharynx as over exerted lungs cried out for the oxygen that kept my blood pumping.

Moments later the world came to a crashing halt. Our bodies collided, screeching pain coursed through my cranium as my precious horn slid through the painted steed's flesh like a knife through butter on a warm day.The sharp pain turned into a dull throb as I realized that I wasn't going to lose my horn inside of this stranger today, it was still firmly attached to my skull as it had always been. A smell filled my nostrils, dancing delicately along the cilia that clung to the scent like a long lost lover. Blood. I shivered at the thought of the blood that would be dripping unceremoniously from his heavily contrasting pelt, staining the ground beneath him a stunning crimson. And it would be all my fault. This time wasn't like the small colt that I had murdered in the Heart Caves, this was no accident, this was much more enjoyable. A sick smile crept across my features, pulling the corners of my lips towards my lifeless eyes as the black and white's blood dripped from my spiraled horn to my ruddy features, leaving a darker, slick trail down my face.

A metallic whirring pulled me back to reality, back to the hot sand on which we were sparring, ears flicked trying to figure out what it was that was creating that sound. I reached out to Edison for help, only to find him busy with swooping down upon one of the horned creatures (Rakt) his talons extended as he aimed to take one of the stag's eyes as a new toy for his treasure chest. Before I could even think about how else I could manage to discover the origin of this whirring, a strange sensation overcame my blood red frame. It almost felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest at any moment. The state of extreme tachycardia sending my nervous system into a panic as the blood was being pumped too fast to get proper oxygen to the rest of my systems. I gasped for air, hungry for the oxygen in the salty air, as my knees grew weak beneath my lean frame.

I wasn't sure if the screech came from between my own lips or if it came from the red kite as the effects of the magic reached him through our bond. His retreat from the stag abruptly slowed as his lungs screamed as mine did for sweet oxygen. My limbs shook, mercilessly, for what seemed like hours. But in reality was only a few seconds before things slowly turned back to normal, once my mental status was less altered I turned all of my attention on the bleeding stallion that I couldn't see as the effects of tachycardia still affected the avian that was now perched shakily on the closest tree he could have found. His sharp beak cracked open as his little lungs worked in over time to correct the wrong doing in his body.

I danced away from the black and white, realizing just now how much my hock was throbbing from my gallop through the sand. But that wasn't my focus, instead it was the scent of the blood that was spilling from the hole in his croup, adding another color to the pallet of his coat. The taste of blood filled my mouth, this time, it was my own as I had clamped down on my tongue in my near cardiac arrest. Focusing on the liquid I let my own magic go. I grimaced in pain, still dizzy from the effects of the opponents magic, as I leapt forward once again in the direction that I could still smell fresh blood spilling from a wound. Cracked ivories bared in hopes to spill more blood.

"talk talk"

I'm still a dick. I'm addicted to you
credits
@Ashamin
Thank you so much for all the feedback <3 e.e this was 927 words before I edited it -cries in mourning for dead words- accepts the penalty for going over on words I couldn't take anymore out!
AP: 2/3, 0/1
WC: 868/800
Setting: An unseasonably warm noon across from the Dragon's Throat Island. Clear skies, calm seas.
Notes: Strains his left fore as he galloped through the sand at Ashamin, has a throbbing headache from his collision. Goes into a state of tachycardia and mild hypoperfusion with Ashamin's magic, this also affects Edison as he is attacked Rakt. This affects Roux's balance and mental state as well, these effects remain in a much milder form when the magic wears off, he also bit his tongue pretty severely in the fit. Blood is staining his teeth as he unleashes his own magic on Ashamin and lunges forward in an attempt to bite him blindly. Ashamin's lack of movement or sound is throwing his directions off a bit.

Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux] - by Ashamin - 04-28-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux] - by Roux - 05-03-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux] - by Ashamin - 05-24-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux] - by Roux - 05-27-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: Call Me, Beep Me [Ashamin/Roux] - by Ashamin - 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM