the Rift

[OPEN] I Wanna Try Everything [Maren, apostles]

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies

The girl was not used to searching for anyone in particular; in her homeland, she had been left largely to her own devices, wandering here and there, always returning to a home where she was unwanted at the end of the day. After realizing the depths of her parents' resentment, she had stopped seeking them out, preferring to be left to her own devices rather than receive their angry, disappointed looks. When they weren't irritated by her very existence, they were at each others' throats. Before long, the mute began to slip out of the family home, spending time in the marketplace, among the commoners. At least they did not stare at her in disgust as a result of her bare coat.

Shaking her head to dispel the memories, the ivory mare trudged on, peering into the morning shadows cast by the palm trees surrounding the oasis. Despite her best efforts, the Diviner she sought was nowhere to be found. A small frown creased her forehead as she paused, wading to her knees in the oasis to take a thoughtful sip of the cool liquid. As she drank, a thought occurred: perhaps the Diviner was not at to oasis. The girl had heard tell of a fire that never went out, though she had not yet been to see it for herself. She nodded to herself, as though affirming the thought to herself, and then leaped excitedly from the pool and began to trot across the sands.

If she hadn't known better, she might have thought that Maren had been expected her: as she crested a dune and caught sight of the Fire in the distance, she realized that the tiger-colored mare was waiting for her. Xolani smiled warmly as she approached, bobbing her head excitedly in a friendly, respectful greeting. Not for the first time, she worried at the reception of her so-called disability. Would the Diviner look upon her with he same disgust that she had grown so used to in her homeland? Would she send the mute away, tell her that it was impossible for her to pursue her interested in disciple-hood?

Orange excitement and anticipation danced cheerfully across her pelt, weaving a blur of shapes too quickly to discern any of them for sure. The soft blue-green hue of apprehension interrupted the prettier, lighter colors here and there, betraying the girl's nerves. As she came to a stop before the Diviner, curiously gazing upon the tiny wings behind the tiger-mare's ears, a sheepish, almost shy feeling overtook her. She felt small and insignificant as she realized that she would be unable to communicate her desires effectively. What was I thinking?

She focused with all her might on her wish to join the ranks of the apostles. Upon her coat, there grew a silhouette: a white equine, lined with orange and green, stepped towards a flickering flame. The figure walked without hesitation into the fire, which grew to encompass it without being devoured. The mare looked to Maren hopefully; perhaps her magic would display her goals in a way that the other mare would be able to decipher.

Thoughts.

I won't give up; no, I won't give in till I reach the end and then I'll start again.

@Maren - no worries and no rush at all! :D
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wanna Try Everything [Maren, apostles] - by Xolani - 05-04-2016, 09:10 PM